Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #3091
Grant Knight
n00b

Oddometer: 5
One issue is that I installed led turn lights and all of a sudden now after installation when selected the lights both just stay on, so I think I must check the flicker relay? Any suggestions?
Grant Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #3092
kwakbiker
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant Knight View Post
One issue is that I installed led turn lights and all of a sudden now after installation when selected the lights both just stay on, so I think I must check the flicker relay? Any suggestions?
Will need a relay fitting due to the lower current use from the LED's, nice green but what are those bags on the rear(not meant in a WTF way but we dont get anything like that over here)

More fun being upright
kwakbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #3093
Indiesol
Putz

Oddometer: 46
They're called LED purposed flashers in this neck of the woods. Same idea, just less draw required to trigger the flash.

Love the bike. Everything about it.

Hunter S. Thompson
Indiesol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:03 AM   #3094
Lenz1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant Knight View Post
Ok finally got the pics sorted, so what do you think of the bike, finally finished well almost?
Lean and green man - looks very tidy.

That's a "sneaky bike" - don't walk away too far from the beast if you're in the bush
Lenz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:24 AM   #3095
Lenz1
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiesol View Post
I'd love to see some pics of this...
I'm in the process of fitting up the Unifilter (Australia) air filters and waiting on a replacement spring for the decompression cam. I lost the bloody spring and a replacement out of Japan should be here in the next day or so.

The o so clever bit is that I re-assembled the engine in the frame (top refresh etc) and forgot one absent spring. So now to get the decompression cam out ( The decompression cam will not clear the frame in-situ) and attach the slide-on spring I have to either pull the head off AGAIN or drop the front engine mount bolts and rotate the engine rearwards on the back engine mount bolt to get clearance on the frame. Oh how we laughed .....

So Indie when this dear little spring shows up I should be close to finished on the inlet and exhaust setup and will post a few pics prior to final bolt up.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:10 AM   #3096
johned206
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
I've fried my motor on my 2000 xt350. I'm looking to get a replacement here in Colorado. If any of you have any ideas please let me know.

Thanks
John
johned206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #3097
Indiesol
Putz

Took the bike to work this morning. First real ride on the 520 chain conversion. 14 front and 40 rear sprockets are pretty close to identical in gearing to the factory. The engine is a bit over 5000rpms at 60mph in top gear..

Hunter S. Thompson
Old 10-09-2012, 01:41 PM   #3098
xt4ever
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Took the bike to work this morning. First real ride on the 520 chain conversion. 14 front and 40 rear sprockets are pretty close to identical in gearing to the factory. The engine is a bit over 5000rpms at 60mph in top gear..
Yeah, but it push hard, isn't it?
xt4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:40 PM   #3099
rickburnout666
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Sorry if this has been asked before (but i didn't see it) Has anyone got a diagram for setting up oil coolers to this bikes engine ?
Thanx, Hope you can help
rickburnout666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:33 AM   #3100
Lenz1
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickburnout666 View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before (but i didn't see it) Has anyone got a diagram for setting up oil coolers to this bikes engine ?
Thanx, Hope you can help
Nordieboy posted some pics for me a month or so back showing an oil cooler setup on a TT350. I will be amending this single cooler arrangement to a twin cooler setup in the coming weeks.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:16 AM   #3101
SBG
Neville1 to TT boys

Oddometer: 341
Quote:
Thought I'd post a pic of my '92 after getting rid of all the pink and teal. Buttoning up from converting the chain to a 520. Also, I'm looking for a stock rear shock that'll fit a '92. If anyone has one in decent shape, please let me know.

Looks great, but I'm wondering why your seat doesn't appear to butt up so well against your tank? Also, I think the TT350 and XT used most of the same frame geometry, and I'm wondering if you would be better served with a TT shock than the XT.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:25 AM   #3102
Grreatdog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,507
Those Clarke tanks aren't the tightest fit. But you can close up the gap a little monkeying around with the tank and seat mounts. On mine there was a stiff wire under the tank that had to be bent a little to let the tank go down further on the mounts. But, really, why bother?
Old 10-11-2012, 08:54 PM   #3103
Indiesol
Putz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBG View Post
Looks great, but I'm wondering why your seat doesn't appear to butt up so well against your tank? Also, I think the TT350 and XT used most of the same frame geometry, and I'm wondering if you would be better served with a TT shock than the XT.
Greatdog is right, it's a Clarke tank, so I didn't really expect it to fit perfectly. It really doesn't bother me at all, so I'm not going to sweat it.

Re: the shock, my understanding is that the TT shock doesn't bolt up, and the main problem with the stock XT shock is actually a piss poor spring. At the recommendation of another XT enthusiast, as well as a post or two in this thread somewhere around page 130 or 140, I picked up a Hypercoil spring with a spring rate of 600lbs. It should be a substantial upgrade from stock for less than $100. What I'd like to do is pick up a donor shock to install it on rather than my known good stock shock, which I'll keep as a spare.

Hunter S. Thompson
Old 10-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #3104
Eatmore Mudd
Mischief on wheels.

Oddometer: 73
I am digging that Clarke tank. I may have to get me one.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #3105
Grreatdog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,507
It is first thing I do to all Japanese dual sports. Those Clarke tanks don't look nearly as good a steel tank when the bike is new and the paint fresh. But a few years down the road they will still look the same because they don't dent, scratch or rust. My XT350 had white but I switched to natural so I could see the fuel on my XL600R.