Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2010, 02:12 PM   #226
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 881
Guys thanks for coming in. I'm feeling a little better now. Did some dirt riding this morning for a couple hours.

The Guzzi's got some new ContiGo's so I want to try them out too. Might be riding up the Skyway around 4pm on Sunday. Usually the traffic is thinning out about then. Time to kill some chicken strips!

Minimike screwed with this post 07-15-2010 at 01:39 PM
Minimike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:06 PM   #227
RTinNC
RT to GS in NC

Oddometer: 1,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimike
Should have more shirts in a week. Still not completely over it; but, I did get a 3 hour dirt ride in today. Only slightly sick now.

Mike ... let me know when you get long sleeve shirts in. Heck any reason to make a trip again!

2006 R1200RT - Granite Gray
2012 R1200GSA - Magma Red!
RTinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:53 PM   #228
wparkinson
Gear Whore

Oddometer: 2,070
Hey man great store. Had a blast checking out your store. Gave those new KLIM pants a good work out Saturday. I will be stopping back in sometime....

What you need is an ADV Sign in book..... that way you can see who and where folks come from....just a thought.

WP
wparkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:51 AM   #229
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wparkinson

What you need is an ADV Sign in book..... that way you can see who and where folks come from....just a thought.

WP
The new Klim Mojave & Dakar pants are really nice! I can't wait to see the new gortex jacket & pants they have coming out this Fall.

Maybe a sign in book at a helmet cleaning station? That might be a good idea. I'll have to find a journal next time I got to Knoxville. Don't think I'll find one in Tellico.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:46 PM   #230
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,597
Mike, great as always to see you last weekend. Loving the Olympia Bushwhacker jacket I picked up, and thanks for holding my trusty old Hein Gericke Tuareg jacket til Coates could pick it up (I ended up heading back south from Murphy instead of making a loop through Tellico Plains again).

Also, I reckon a helmet-wash station outside would be pretty dang cool. Just don't let the locals throw any dead animals in it please.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:08 PM   #231
omnivore
SuperSportTourer

Oddometer: 1,014
Wish I'd have heard about you before. I was down that way for a week in May. Rented a house off the Foothills so I rode past you every day for a week.....at least twice, while to road was closed for rockslide.

Planning another trip in Oct (CDN Thanksgiving wknd) WIll stop in if you are still open then.
1996 YZF 600-Lost Era racebike
1999 R6-Rookie Challenge racebike
omnivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:45 PM   #232
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

We have just received a shipment of men's Black, gortex/ thermolite motorcycle pants / liners from a major manufacturer.

These are water proof, have water proof pockets, and a thin layer of insulation.

Fully finished product that you can wear by itself, with belt loops.

Perfect for wearing under Olympia Recon / Airglide 3 pants, Firstgear Mesh Tex pants, Tourmaster Tracker Air pant, or Klim Mojave / Dakar pants.

Sizes 30,32, 36, 38, 40, 42, & 44.

NO SIZE 34's- Sorry.

Leg zippers go from thigh to 6" above cuff, then change to velcro. Easy take up for seamstress.

ONLY $24.95

shipping is $7.00

Minimike screwed with this post 08-05-2010 at 04:39 AM
Old 08-04-2010, 04:14 PM   #233
hwyhound
Patriot

Oddometer: 217
Dang I need 34's
Old 08-22-2010, 07:24 AM   #234
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

Friday 4:30pm and all the bike repair shops are closed. A F800GS front tire w/ bad tube on the back of a R1200GS. Head to Vanore to pick up a tube & come back. The Kawasaki shop will sell you a tube, but there mechanic is out injured. No fix for you.

5pm, an overloaded XT225 from Florida shows up with a bad front tire. He's headed to Johnson City, TN.

There's a pet snake in the plastic box along for the adventure.

I've got a take off Trail Wing in the attic that will work for the XT225. Then the R1200GS guy shows back up with a new tube & the F800GS flat front tire. We've got tools and the tail gate on my truck. It's humid & the camera fogged up. We proceed to fix the two bikes. F800GS rider is still along side the road 5 miles North of town.

The used Trail Wing goes on the XT225 rim easily. The F800GS tire is thicker & stiffer. It's a bitch. But we get it done. The GS guys are from Asheville, but they're wiped out & will stay in town tonight.

The XT's loaded and hitting the road to Johnson City. He's got about 4 to 5 hours of travel time yet. I figure there's at least 100 pounds, maybe 150 pounds of gear on the bike. Offered him a room; but, his girl is waiting on him. She's flown in ahead & they have a weekend planned out exploring the Smoky Mountains National Park.

Hope he made it. The snake in the box on top. It was kinda wobbly. The kid had balls. He was going to get there if he had to drag the little 225.

Got to love ADVRider.com! It's always an adventure. Even if it's just a few of us inmates in my parking lot sweating over some damn tires.

Minimike screwed with this post 08-22-2010 at 07:33 AM
Old 08-24-2010, 10:23 AM   #235
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

A few Bricks have been showing up lately.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:22 AM   #236
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

Wife & I went for a short ride after work last night. Leaves are just starting to change. It was actually chilly riding last night. Felt great! The National Weather Service is forecasting a mild Fall & Winter for this area. Time to plan your trip to the mountains!

Old 09-18-2010, 10:18 AM   #237
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

Old 09-20-2010, 09:02 AM   #238
Reverse
Armchair Tough

Oddometer: 1,253
Mike:

Are you going to stock the Klim Traverse jacket and pants?
Old 09-22-2010, 07:58 AM   #239
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

Yes, they should be here anytime now.

minimike
Old 10-04-2010, 01:27 PM   #240
Treadless
used 2 b aventuring

Oddometer: 5,172
Mike, it was a pleasure meeting you and your wife (great ice cream also ) and thanks for the gear. You've got a top notch shop going on. Unfortunately a bad tube in the rear of the T/A kept me from getting to the routes you showed me. There will be more trips east for me (I'm not done imposing on fugawi yet) and I WILL get to them then.
Thanks
Mike

Treadless is offline   Reply With Quote