ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Europe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 12:45 PM   #676
web
n00b
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Moscow, at the moment
Oddometer: 5
planira li neko preko rusije u 2013?
__________________
Attitude keeps you alive
web is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #677
MikeTheMechanic
Tsiki?
 
MikeTheMechanic's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Crete,Greece @the end of Europe
Oddometer: 77
Hello guys!

Maybe you could help!

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=863122

Thanks!
__________________
Motorcycling in Greece Visit Crete, Greece
MikeTheMechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:28 PM   #678
a1fa
Riding Nomad™
 
a1fa's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Arkansas
Oddometer: 13,464
lol... no comment

__________________
Learn to ride. Ride to learn.
a1fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:44 PM   #679
a1fa
Riding Nomad™
 
a1fa's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Arkansas
Oddometer: 13,464
__________________
Learn to ride. Ride to learn.
a1fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:54 PM   #680
a1fa
Riding Nomad™
 
a1fa's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Arkansas
Oddometer: 13,464
__________________
Learn to ride. Ride to learn.
a1fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:53 PM   #681
tserts
Praise San Irritrack
 
tserts's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Yunanistan (Stans baby!)
Oddometer: 2,549
Advice needed

Hey guys, I'll be riding through some areas in your neighborhood in a few days and I would like some tips if you can help.

I'm interested in Montrenegro and Bosnia, I plan on starting from Kotor and I want to take a loop through Bosnia then finally reaching Novi Sad.

I would like to see Mostar and Livno (is the town or the areas around any good?) then go north, north east. I have ridden From Tara to Zlatibor through Visegrad and I want to avoid Ibarska Magistrala so a more northern cross into Serbia would be preferable.

I am interested in scenic roads, light off-road is OK and any suggestions on interesting places to visit is welcome.

Hvala!
__________________
BMW F 800 GS 2010 - My Brunhilde
New toys to brake!
Road Rush (Romania, Serbia)
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu
tserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:03 AM   #682
nikolic
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Serbia
Oddometer: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserts View Post
Hey guys, I'll be riding through some areas in your neighborhood in a few days and I would like some tips if you can help.

I'm interested in Montrenegro and Bosnia, I plan on starting from Kotor and I want to take a loop through Bosnia then finally reaching Novi Sad.

I would like to see Mostar and Livno (is the town or the areas around any good?) then go north, north east. I have ridden From Tara to Zlatibor through Visegrad and I want to avoid Ibarska Magistrala so a more northern cross into Serbia would be preferable.

I am interested in scenic roads, light off-road is OK and any suggestions on interesting places to visit is welcome.

Hvala!
Don't know the route from Mostar to Livno, but it's a damn pity not to visit Sarajevo, and the road from Sarajevo to Zvornik is a damn race-track (one part of it really is the part of a hill rally), but it's all off if you're off to Livno which i wasn't at. For the second part, the part in Serbia I can be of more help, I'm from Sremska Mitrovica, which is some 50km from the border, depending on where you will be crossing, and it's a halfway to Novi Sad. Be sure to call, I'll direct you through the Fruska Gora national park
__________________
Home rides ;)
nikolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:12 AM   #683
tserts
Praise San Irritrack
 
tserts's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Yunanistan (Stans baby!)
Oddometer: 2,549
Thanks for the reply Nicolic.. I guess the others are already out for the summer...

About Sarajevo, I would like to see it, but generally big cities on a bike for a solo traveller are a bit problematic. I will have to find secure parking hotel, I will have to ride through heavy traffic looking at the gps etc..

What I might do is ride through the center, stop for a quick walk and some cevapi and sleep somewhere out of the city...

So far I have this general route (it still open for suggestions):

Kotor
Niksic
Durmitor
Scepan Polje
Tjentiste
Mostar

Then I could do Jablanica - Sarajevo or go Livno - Jaice and then Sarajevo...

From Sarajevo Svornik and then cross into Serbia... (which is better M18 or M19??)

I might give you a shout as I come through Sremska Mitrovica, I usually go through Fruska Gora, I can't stand the flatness of Vojvodina...

What do you think?
__________________
BMW F 800 GS 2010 - My Brunhilde
New toys to brake!
Road Rush (Romania, Serbia)
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu
tserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:48 AM   #684
nikolic
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Serbia
Oddometer: 467
I would go for a border at Loznica, and than you have two ways to go. One is for Sabac than Ruma and Novi Sad, which is a main road, with a lot of trucks, or before Sabac, there is a turn for Bogatic and Sremska Mitrovica. It all depends on what time do you plan on passing through, if you have spare time, I can show you some nice things around here. If you need a place to stay, I'm sure I can organize something ;)
__________________
Home rides ;)
nikolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:41 AM   #685
tserts
Praise San Irritrack
 
tserts's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Yunanistan (Stans baby!)
Oddometer: 2,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolic View Post
I can show you some nice things around here. If you need a place to stay, I'm sure I can organize something ;)
Thanks for the offer man! My wife is from Novi Sad and she will be waiting there with our kids, I know that when getting close I will want to get there sooner than later, that's why I made no promises about looking you up... I'll pm you my data and we'll see... Is the road through Bogatic any good? If yes I might choose that route...
__________________
BMW F 800 GS 2010 - My Brunhilde
New toys to brake!
Road Rush (Romania, Serbia)
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu
tserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:22 AM   #686
nikolic
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Serbia
Oddometer: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserts View Post
Thanks for the offer man! My wife is from Novi Sad and she will be waiting there with our kids, I know that when getting close I will want to get there sooner than later, that's why I made no promises about looking you up... I'll pm you my data and we'll see... Is the road through Bogatic any good? If yes I might choose that route...
The road itself is fine, but be careful these guys don't know how to drive agricultural mechanics, or maybe not drunk as they tend to be! When you get to Sremska Mitrovica, try to find Bike-cafe, I'm sure I'll be somewhere around it :)
__________________
Home rides ;)
nikolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014