Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2010, 08:04 AM   #2281
aposaric
Garden mechanic ;-)

Oddometer: 270

Here is a couple from a recent ski trip :-)
aposaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:33 AM   #2282
Stillupright
Make my day

Oddometer: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by aposaric

Here is a couple from a recent ski trip :-)
Good on you aposaric. I wouldn't even consider taking mine out in snowy conditions. How was the skiing?
Old 01-23-2010, 07:20 PM   #2283
kujo411
r1150gs

Oddometer: 106
Talking Amazing!

I think it's amazing that I go on this site and I can't find any threads about the Versys. Then I realized it's because they are such good damn bikes that we never have problems with them so we are riding instead of spending our time posting threads about how to fix our bikes! I got my versys 2 years ago and will never look back. There is no other japaneese bike that can compete in this category and I'm done with the unreliable german and italian bikes. My next bike will be another versys fo sho! So much fun!!! Ride on!
kujo411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:59 AM   #2284
upweekis
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,475
So....who has the most miles on a Versys? And what do you think of it as a touring bike?
Old 01-24-2010, 07:13 AM   #2285
aposaric
Garden mechanic ;-)

Oddometer: 270
There is a guy that has around 60.000 Kilkometers or even more by now on Versys. I have around 40.000 in a year and a half, and it is quite capable tourer, with 2 on board, + iron, vanity miror, 7 sets of coams, 4 sets of high heels, 4 kittens sometimes, skis, little transsexual and other usual luggage that my girlfriend likes to carry with us on our trips :-)))

aposaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:28 PM   #2286
Ko
Observant as never

Oddometer: 1,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by upweekis
So....who has the most miles on a Versys? And what do you think of it as a touring bike?
I only have about 36,000km or so. It's quite capable for touring, but it's all relative to your background and expectations. I was able to keep up in the mountains, 2 up and luggage, with guys on bigger bikes. However, if it comes to straight sections then d'oh...

I am quite happy with the power it has. I also like that I can go for more than 400km on a gas tank without stretching it Now only if the tire manufacturers would make more aggressive 17" tires...

Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:14 PM   #2287
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Oddometer: 1,498
Quote:
And what do you think of it as a touring bike?
I feel it makes a great light-touring bike. And not too shabby on gravel either. I took it over Magruder and Lolo in September. And I'm not a true dirt guy.

I'm at the age where one feels that light is right. It is a very under appreciated motorbike.
siyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:23 PM   #2288
upweekis
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,475
Well, the reason I asked, is I bought an '08 new, and in 6 months traded it in on a big GS. I always wished I'd kept it for the fun factor. I have a chance to buy another '08 with 3300 miles on it and Farkeled to the max. With an F8GS in the shed, i'm trying to justify the purchase!
Old 01-25-2010, 07:24 AM   #2289
Stillupright
Make my day

Oddometer: 298
Quote:
Well, the reason I asked, is I bought an '08 new, and in 6 months traded it in on a big GS. I always wished I'd kept it for the fun factor. I have a chance to buy another '08 with 3300 miles on it and Farkeled to the max. With an F8GS in the shed, i'm trying to justify the purchase!
You already know how it rides and mention the fun factor. The fun factor is a big part of the riding equation so IMO you are fully justified in getting another V.

I think the Versys is turning out to be one of those very reliable, good handling UJMs that riders will look back on in several years and say "I wish I had kept that motorcycle, it was GREAT!" And, the funky looking nose job keeps the unknowing masses away
Old 01-25-2010, 07:39 AM   #2290
Dezzie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 325
foriegn 2010 review!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b9iK_l4LkU

Also MCN this week has been reviewing the new version and so far its getting a very good review!
Old 01-25-2010, 12:41 PM   #2291
Cuff
no function beer well w/o

Oddometer: 721
Quote:
I'm only at 31,000 kms after one summer and two winters but I pulled off an Irom Butt in B.C. last summer. Could have gone a couple hundred more miles at the end if needed. The bike pulled all day long in the mountains, no problem.

Couple of links to another board here locally. One one a tag game we played last winter (the little Versys can get into some strange places.) and one about our Iron Butt. Cheers.

http://bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111979

http://bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111979

IBA# 38547

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/galler...er/1446/sort/3

Cuff screwed with this post 01-27-2010 at 05:01 PM
Cuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:26 PM   #2292
shikataganai
moof

Oddometer: 348
Add me to the owner's list, as I picked up a 2008 Versys with just over 4800 miles on it tonight. It's red--were all 2008s red?--and is stock save for a Powerlet and the Givi windscreen that the Webbikeworld folks seem to like.

Initial riding impressions are good. I had a chance to ride a few minutes on a riding buddy's Versys last week and this one felt very similar, with lots of engine braking, somewhat jerky fueling very low in the rev range, and lots of power from those front brake rotors. It'll take a bit of adjustment in my riding style but I think I'll be happy with this bike.

shikataganai screwed with this post 01-28-2010 at 04:23 PM
shikataganai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:51 PM   #2293
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 4,574
Why isn't this thread stickied like the other brands?
browneye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:08 PM   #2294
flyguync
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikataganai
Add me to the owner's list, as I picked up a 2008 Versys with just over 4800 miles on it tonight. It's red--were all 2008s red?--and is stock save for a Powerlet and the Givi windscreen that the Webbikeworld folks seem to like.

Initial riding impressions are good. I had a chance to ride a few minutes on a riding buddy's Versys last week and this one felt very similar, with lots of engine braking, somewhat jerky fueling very low in the rev range, and lots of power from those front brake rotors. It'll take a bit of adjustment in my riding style but I think I'll be happy with this bike.
If you don't like the engine braking, slap on a 43 tooth rear sprocket, it'll take you less than an hour. It also will improve the vibration at highway speeds.
2001 Honda XR650R (Sold)
flyguync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:10 PM   #2295
c881
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
Quote:
hmm..mm, just cleared my keabord.
89,784km.
that's my count.
just changed oil+filter, cleaned air filter.
oh yes, after 42,000km or so, decided to change the spark plug.
at 96,000 that's when I'm going to treat him to all the rest.
2 years and 10 months, that's my count & my better half won't hear of any other bike.
touring? 8400 km round Europe with luggage & 2up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikataganai

look for the "Air mod" and 43 tooth rear sprocket, worked for me.
c881 is offline   Reply With Quote