Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #4726
BAMF
B.A.M.F. -acronym

Oddometer: 51
yo Versys riders in the North East.... I am gonna go to the Twisted Throttle open house on May 19th.

I am planning on leaving philly around 3pm on the 18th and making it to a fellow versys rider's place to crash that night.

Lemme know if any of you wanna join.
www.carbonmade.nealjordan.com
BAMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:51 AM   #4727
miguelito
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy F View Post
I've had my Versys for just over a year now and a while since I posted any updates or mods I've done to the bike.
The KTM SMT handguards are brilliant and fitted quite neatly too with a little thought.

Those Hand guards do look great on the bike Davy!
miguelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:51 PM   #4728
Davy F
Pro Goolie Fiddler

Oddometer: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelito View Post
Those Hand guards do look great on the bike Davy!
Thanks. I think they're the best compromise between protection and cost.

I did a fitting guide here............http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...mt+hand+guards
Old 05-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #4729
ec90t
Banned

Oddometer: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenhat View Post
You mean no screen at all?
Yippers!
ec90t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #4730
JALnSC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,032
Not sure if I have a problem yet, but went over to a buddys house on my xrl and came back home on this.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
I am workingon the lights and preforming some pm while I have it. How hard to clean air filter.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:21 AM   #4731
RUSTYtankerBEAN
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
An ADV vendor pointed out I have 1 post in two years so I figure I better start contributing. Last June my wife traded in my Uly for a 2009 Versys after a sting of electrical issues kept me from riding for a few months. I had done my homework on the Versys and I was pretty sure it was the right bike for me, being stuck in Iraq I had no way of taking one out to be sure so I just had her pick it up. In November on my two weeks leave I was able to gently take it out( roads in November in South Dakota suck) and I loved it. Looking forward to posting some pictures of it with all the new things I have sitting at home in boxes!! Here are two pictures from Nov. when I got to ride it.

Aaron

RUSTYtankerBEAN screwed with this post 05-08-2012 at 12:26 AM Reason: Giant f'n picture.....
RUSTYtankerBEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:05 AM   #4732
Impact
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Versys Air Filter

I have been looking for a quality air filter for my Versys, today I received my BMC air filter from
Motovation Accessories out of Austin,Texas. The BMC filter is a K&N type filter that is performance
driven that you can clean and use over and over! Very, Very good quality, I recommend this product
for anyone looking to upgrade the air filter on the Versys !
Motovation Phone 512-697-9672

BMC Air Filter Part# (On box FM438/04) Motovation Part# 400952

Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:20 AM   #4733
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 4,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSTYtankerBEAN View Post
An ADV vendor pointed out I have 1 post in two years so I figure I better start contributing. Last June my wife traded in my Uly for a 2009 Versys after a sting of electrical issues kept me from riding for a few months. I had done my homework on the Versys and I was pretty sure it was the right bike for me, being stuck in Iraq I had no way of taking one out to be sure so I just had her pick it up. In November on my two weeks leave I was able to gently take it out( roads in November in South Dakota suck) and I loved it. Looking forward to posting some pictures of it with all the new things I have sitting at home in boxes!! Here are two pictures from Nov. when I got to ride it.

Aaron

Thank you for your service!

Have fun with your new V.
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:44 AM   #4734
Psalm11_6
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
I too have the BMC... It's ok for the price, but mostly I'd recommend sticking with the stock filter unless just looking for another filter.
Psalm11_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:14 AM   #4735
TypeSH
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
My Versys on a hitch carrier on my trip to the Arkansas Ozarks last weekend. My wife and kid stayed at the in-laws in Fayetteville while I had fun in the hills. I've done this many times with my DRZ but this is the first time with the Versys. .

I had a great time on mostly dirt roads.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #4736
Sir Not Appearing
That's no ordinary rabbit

Oddometer: 1,101
Question

Does anyone have the Cherry Bomb or Thrush turbo muffler on their Versys? If so, I have a couple of questions.

1. How has it held up?

2. On a scale of 1-10 (where 1=a stock EX250, 3=stock Versys, 10=sportbike with a D&D pipe, and 37=Harley), how loud is it?

I’d like just a little more volume, but I don’t want to destroy the OEM muffler nor do I want to spend loads of cash just with a very pretty, but way-loud pipe (carbon can Yosh )
2003 Ford Focus SVT
Sir Not Appearing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:26 PM   #4737
miguelito
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeSH View Post
My Versys on a hitch carrier on my trip to the Arkansas Ozarks last weekend. My wife and kid stayed at the in-laws in Fayetteville while I had fun in the hills. I've done this many times with my DRZ but this is the first time with the Versys. .

I've been curious whether the Versys would be too much to carry on a trailer hitch type carrier like that. Can you tell us how it performed/critique the carrier? Also which compamy manufactured it? Thanks!
miguelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #4738
TypeSH
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Not too much to carry at all with a good carrier like this Joe Hauler and a vehicle built for towing. My Armada has load leveling air bags so it doesn't sag. It also has a class IV hitch which is good for 1k lbs. tongue weight. If you had a smaller SUV with a class III hitch and no airbags or helper springs then I would be more concerned.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #4739
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 4,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeSH View Post
Not too much to carry at all with a good carrier like this Joe Hauler and a vehicle built for towing. My Armada has load leveling air bags so it doesn't sag. It also has a class IV hitch which is good for 1k lbs. tongue weight. If you had a smaller SUV with a class III hitch and no airbags or helper springs then I would be more concerned.
Roger that. Just keep an eye on those weld seams on everything. There's a fulcrum effect with that much weight off the back that is probably more than you realize. If everything is rated 1Klbs then you're probly good.
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #4740
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Oddometer: 29,884
Well, I think I am done with my mods. My Versys is ready to set sail on its first long voyage next week.

The dash shot shows the Powerlet 12v power plug, the SW Motech bar risers, the cramp buster throttle assist, the Kaoko throttle lock and the MRA Vario Screen.

Here's a shot of the T-Rex Racing frame slider.

A rear view shot of the Givi racks and luggage.

And a side shot which shows the Seat Concepts seat.

My initial impressions of all the mods are very favorable save for the screen. For me, it needs to be about 4 inches taller. I can rest my hand sideways on top of the screen at interstate speeds and get a nice clam spot. As it is I get a slight uneven flow of air on the top half of the helmet. It's not bad, but could be better. With the Seat Concepts seat's dish, it pulled me further away from the bars, so I added the risers to compensate. The seat is WAY better than stock and in my opinion the best way to go for an aftermarket seat. The Kaoko throttle lock is ridiculously simple and effective...albeit spendy. The Zumo GPS is a leftover from my previous bike and works well. The Powerlet 12V power source is of VERY good quality . Cramp busters are great for long days on the slab and can easily be rotated under the grip to stay out of the way in the twisties. The T-Rex frame sliders are a good way and the least expensive way to get a little extra tip over protection.

I'll be able to give a more qualified report following my trip to VA.
Dranrab Luap is offline   Reply With Quote