Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2008, 05:03 AM   #691
william t.
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 677
Well I have bought another Versys. It is in Washington state so it will take a while to get it shipped. 4500.00 plus about 800.00 shipping. Has a little less then 2000 miles on the odometer. I will be without a ride for short time but for the savings I can wait. Can always watch my videos and act like I am riding. I know for a fact that the Versys will lean way past what most people have the balls to do. Never would have thought the Givis would have touched the pavement. They set really high. I should have took my foot off the footrest and held it out front of me ,motard style. I think I would not have lowsided if I had done this. The footrest had my foot pushed all the way against the bike and could not give anymore. Causing the back wheel to get light. Of course the other option would have been to go slower. LIke I said before if you cannot ride this bike at a fast pace it is not the bike's fault and doing suspension work on it wil not make you a better rider. It is just amazing how this little bike handles and I am so proud that I get to pilot it.
william t. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:36 AM   #692
Bear on a bicycle
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by william t.
Well I have bought another Versys. It is in Washington state so it will take a while to get it shipped. 4500.00 plus about 800.00 shipping. Has a little less then 2000 miles on the odometer. I will be without a ride for short time but for the savings I can wait. Can always watch my videos and act like I am riding. I know for a fact that the Versys will lean way past what most people have the balls to do. Never would have thought the Givis would have touched the pavement. They set really high. I should have took my foot off the footrest and held it out front of me ,motard style. I think I would not have lowsided if I had done this. The footrest had my foot pushed all the way against the bike and could not give anymore. Causing the back wheel to get light. Of course the other option would have been to go slower. LIke I said before if you cannot ride this bike at a fast pace it is not the bike's fault and doing suspension work on it wil not make you a better rider. It is just amazing how this little bike handles and I am so proud that I get to pilot it.

Good to see your crash hasn't dampened your spirit!
Bear on a bicycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:27 AM   #693
robmorton
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Me and the Mrs now have one each
robmorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:07 AM   #694
william t.
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle
Good to see your crash hasn't dampened your spirit!
Just not being able to ride for a while is the only downer.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:21 PM   #695
llamapacker
Mr. Conservative

Oddometer: 1,167
William T., did you consider flying out and riding it home, since it is already broke in would have made for a nice adventure.

I bought mine in KS, rode the bus (don't recommend) for like 24 hours then picked up bike new and broke it in on way home. Very nice ride, high winds, T-storm, heavy rain pinned me down once.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:45 PM   #696
william t.
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapacker
William T., did you consider flying out and riding it home, since it is already broke in would have made for a nice adventure.

I bought mine in KS, rode the bus (don't recommend) for like 24 hours then picked up bike new and broke it in on way home. Very nice ride, high winds, T-storm, heavy rain pinned me down once.
I have a nerve problem in my upper back from my crash two years ago. They are going to try some kind of spinal shot next month to see if it helps. For 1200.00 it should fix anything.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:42 PM   #697
101N
peccavi

Oddometer: 1,831
Quote:
I have a nerve problem in my upper back from my crash two years ago. They are going to try some kind of spinal shot next month to see if it helps. For 1200.00 it should fix anything.
Elaborate on this a little. What are they proposing to do? And why are you - rather than your insurance carrier - paying the 1200?
101N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 05:53 PM   #698
william t.
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101N
Elaborate on this a little. What are they proposing to do? And why are you - rather than your insurance carrier - paying the 1200?
I did not have any insurance when I wrecked. The insurance I have now will not pay because it is an on going problem. The crash did some damage but the doctor that cemented the breaks in my vertbres did more damage to me then any wreck has ever done. Cannot make him pay because they say it was experimental surgery and I signed for it to be done. So far it has cost thousands of dollars to try and correct what he has done to me. They had to take part of a rib out and remove nerves from my spine. It helped some but there are still nerves that have the cement on them. I will find out more about the spinal shot when it gets closer to the time for it to happen. Some days it just sucks and others are not so bad. I know I am lucky to be alive and I think God for that. You hit an utility pole head on and live ,is pretty amazing.
Old 04-26-2008, 06:33 PM   #699
101N
peccavi

Oddometer: 1,831
Quote:
I did not have any insurance when I wrecked. The insurance I have now will not pay because it is an on going problem. The crash did some damage but the doctor that cemented the breaks in my vertbres did more damage to me then any wreck has ever done. Cannot make him pay because they say it was experimental surgery and I signed for it to be done. So far it has cost thousands of dollars to try and correct what he has done to me. They had to take part of a rib out and remove nerves from my spine. It helped some but there are still nerves that have the cement on them. I will find out more about the spinal shot when it gets closer to the time for it to happen. Some days it just sucks and others are not so bad. I know I am lucky to be alive and I think God for that. You hit an utility pole head on and live ,is pretty amazing.
"the doctor that cemented the breaks in my vertbres did more damage to me then any wreck has ever done"

Unless you had osteoporosis - unlikely - the fractures wouldn't have needed to be cemented in the first place. Compression fractures in non-osteoporotic adults usually heal without any intervention.

Get a second opinion at a major academic medical center before you allow any more experimentation on your body.
101N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:12 PM   #700
Ken
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 57,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot
I finally got around to editing the first post in this thread with the list of Versys owners.

Really??

The modern liberal is the stupidest human being to have ever lived!
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 04:37 AM   #701
Terrytori
Namaste

Oddometer: 1,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken
Really??
Yeah... I'm with Ken.

You can add a very pleased Terrytori to the list. Fine scooter.

http://www.secordgallery.com/gallery...2_itemId=35642
Terrytori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:25 AM   #702
pilot OP
Slacker Moderator

Oddometer: 30,993
Okay, I've been lazy lately and I lost my place. I'll see what I can do.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:53 AM   #703
OnlyVees
Moto-journalist

Oddometer: 875
Anyone here have the Kawasaki accessory panniers? They look pretty snazzy online...
The Versys is still on my radar... If I could just get over that flat exhaust note...
Old 04-27-2008, 07:43 AM   #704
Terrytori
Namaste

Oddometer: 1,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyVees
Anyone here have the Kawasaki accessory panniers? They look pretty snazzy online...
The Versys is still on my radar... If I could just get over that flat exhaust note...
yes... they're made by Givi and they're a quality product and as for the exhaust.... well.... that's why god invented Scorpion.

http://www.secordgallery.com/gallery...2_itemId=35642
Terrytori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:06 AM   #705
pilot OP
Slacker Moderator

Oddometer: 30,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken
Really??

Ya'll happy now?