ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2007, 08:42 PM   #136
cbmma1969
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahosam
Don't take it wrong but I staying out of the mountains right now so, what is fossil creek? is the start point at Hemingway?
Would it be because Heath is wandering around with a gun???

Never ridden Fossil.
The traveler is active; he goes strenuously in search of people, of adventure, or experience. The tourist is passive; he expects interesting things to happen to him. DANIEL J. BOORSTIN, attributed, Voyages of Discover
cbmma1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:14 PM   #137
ryanwilliamcantrell OP
Get Out and Ride!!

Oddometer: 3,862
Quote:
Don't take it wrong but I staying out of the mountains right now so, what is fossil creek? is the start point at Hemingway?
It goes Hemmingway, Rabbit, then Fossil. on the way to Oreana They are all OHV areas w/ parking lots as starting points. They all interconnect over many miles of trails. It's sort of like tyring to connect the dots.

Why are you staying out of the mountiains??

ryanwilliamcantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:16 PM   #138
ryanwilliamcantrell OP
Get Out and Ride!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmma1969
Never ridden Fossil.
I've not ridden it much, either. Hemmingway a lot, Rabbit a bit, and Fossil very little. Lots of single track whoops kind of stuff.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:57 PM   #139
Idahosam
Set Adrift

Oddometer: 4,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwilliamcantrell
It goes Hemmingway, Rabbit, then Fossil. on the way to Oreana They are all OHV areas w/ parking lots as starting points. They all interconnect over many miles of trails. It's sort of like tyring to connect the dots.

Why are you staying out of the mountiains??
Just worried that I won't be on the top of my game (reactions) due to post Saturday Party. I think Humpty Bumpy and the back side would be fun but parts of trail 6 leave a very little narrow margin for spacing out; come to think of it Humpty bumpy has a section you'd better damn well be acute on.

Let's see I might change my mind, I do know that 200 EXC is as happy on the side of that mountain as a lab is to water, it's the rider we need to worry about, beside is HN ready for the likes of T6 or T4. I love Humpty B. though. Crap I'm talking myself into it shake it off, burrrrrr.

Man I bet the traction is awesome up there right now!! No shake it off.

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
Aldous Huxley
Idahosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:16 AM   #140
ryanwilliamcantrell OP
Get Out and Ride!!

Quote:
Just worried that I won't be on the top of my game (reactions) due to post Saturday Party. I think Humpty Bumpy and the back side would be fun but parts of trail 6 leave a very little narrow margin for spacing out; come to think of it Humpty bumpy has a section you'd better damn well be acute on.

Let's see I might change my mind, I do know that 200 EXC is as happy on the side of that mountain as a lab is to water, it's the rider we need to worry about, beside is HN ready for the likes of T6 or T4. I love Humpty B. though. Crap I'm talking myself into it shake it off, burrrrrr.

Man I bet the traction is awesome up there right now!! No shake it off.
No, Phil's not ready for 4 or 6. But, he'd be happy as a clam to take 8th up, and meet us up on BRR, because he is ready for Eagleson (sp) and I think he'd enjoy the challenge. Then we could take HB back up, he could take Eagleson back up, and we meet at the top of BRR agian.

Or, if Phil is interested, I've always wanted to turn left on Robie, and go back up to Bogus the back way... Dagwood?? I think in the name of the trail??

Old 11-08-2007, 08:23 AM   #141
HeadingNorth
Keep On The Gas!!

Oddometer: 987
Quote:
No, Phil's not ready for 4 or 6. But, he'd be happy as a clam to take 8th up, and meet us up on BRR, because he is ready for Eagleson (sp) and I think he'd enjoy the challenge. Then we could take HB back up, he could take Eagleson back up, and we meet at the top of BRR agian.

Or, if Phil is interested, I've always wanted to turn left on Robie, and go back up to Bogus the back way... Dagwood?? I think in the name of the trail??
Hey kids, Go ahead and plan your ride. If it's something I'm not ready for I'll opt out. No hard feelings. Go do the trail 4 and 6. Weather says a decent chance of cold and wet this weekend anyway. So go for it kids and I'll hang with ya in the OHV stuff this winter.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:30 AM   #142
Idahosam
Set Adrift

Oddometer: 4,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadingNorth
Hey kids, Go ahead and plan your ride. If it's something I'm not ready for I'll opt out. No hard feelings. Go do the trail 4 and 6. Weather says a decent chance of cold and wet this weekend anyway. So go for it kids and I'll hang with ya in the OHV stuff this winter.
OH Hell no! Your not weasling out, let it be the desert. Now, is it Pleasent Valley or Hemingway?

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
Aldous Huxley
Idahosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:52 AM   #143
HeadingNorth
Keep On The Gas!!

Quote:
OH Hell no! Your not weasling out, let it be the desert. Now, is it Pleasent Valley or Hemingway?
No, No desert!! I've already be down Eagleson and did not find it all that hard!
8th st,Rockey canyon, BRR all that type stuff is fine for me. I just don't want to be the wet blanket if you guys want to ride straight down the mountain with your hair on fire.

Beside our days are numbered for riding the foothills anyway so let make the most of it.

I need to just kind of wander around up there and get my berings and get a feel for where all these trails connect. I can meet up with you guys here and there. Kind of like taking the kids to the mall and telling them to stay in the arcade while you shop and then check in with them once in a while.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:57 AM   #144
ryanwilliamcantrell OP
Get Out and Ride!!

Quote:
No, No desert!! I've already be down Eagleson and did not find it all that hard!
8th st,Rockey canyon, BRR all that type stuff is fine for me. I just don't want to be the wet blanket if you guys want to ride straight down the mountain with your hair on fire.

Beside our days are numbered for riding the foothills anyway so let make the most of it.

I need to just kind of wander around up there and get my berings and get a feel for where all these trails connect. I can meet up with you guys here and there. Kind of like taking the kids to the mall and telling them to stay in the arcade while you shop and then check in with them once in a while.
I'd forgotten you did Eagleson - was that with Zane?

Maybe you'd like to try Humpty? We could trade bikes and I think you'd be fine on Humpty on my XT if Eagleson felt fine to you (because my bike tracks a little better, feels a little lighter, and is geared lower). You'd get a kick out of Humpty.

And, as Sam said, you're not weasling out of the ride.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:02 AM   #145
HeadingNorth
Keep On The Gas!!

Quote:
I'd forgotten you did Eagleson - was that with Zane?

Maybe you'd like to try Humpty? We could trade bikes and I think you'd be fine on Humpty on my XT if Eagleson felt fine to you (because my bike tracks a little better, feels a little lighter, and is geared lower). You'd get a kick out of Humpty.

And, as Sam said, you're not weasling out of the ride.
Squeak, Squeak, Squeak.................

Yes that was wth Zane. I'll take a look at Humpty and if it's a bit of a stretch I can take another trail and meet up with you. I want you guys to have fun and be big boys and not worry about the children.

This is Sunday we are talking about right??
Old 11-08-2007, 10:32 AM   #146
ryanwilliamcantrell OP
Get Out and Ride!!

Quote:
This is Sunday we are talking about right??
Yep.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:52 AM   #147
cbmma1969
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 685
Quote:
... if you guys want to ride straight down the mountain with your hair on fire.
I thought that was how RWC normally rode...
The traveler is active; he goes strenuously in search of people, of adventure, or experience. The tourist is passive; he expects interesting things to happen to him. DANIEL J. BOORSTIN, attributed, Voyages of Discover
cbmma1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:54 AM   #148
ryanwilliamcantrell OP
Get Out and Ride!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmma1969
I thought that was how RWC normally rode...
No, no. I prefer to go straight up the mountain with my hair on fire... until the bike either flips back on me, or I lose traction and go over.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:56 AM   #149
ryanwilliamcantrell OP
Get Out and Ride!!

One of these days I'm going to get back on a YZ490 for KX500... then you'll get to see some truly stupid riding, capable of putting me in traction for months. I sold the 2 strokes to keep from flying over the handlebars at 80... but man... the thrill of the 2 stroke has been pulling hard the last year.

Must.... resist......

Old 11-08-2007, 11:08 AM   #150
HeadingNorth
Keep On The Gas!!

Quote:
One of these days I'm going to get back on a YZ490 for KX500... then you'll get to see some truly stupid riding, capable of putting me in traction for months. I sold the 2 strokes to keep from flying over the handlebars at 80... but man... the thrill of the 2 stroke has been pulling hard the last year.

Must.... resist......
Yes, Otherwise you are giving credability to the concept that we live our lives in circles. NO 2 STROKES!!! Who would take care of me!!!