ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2011, 08:23 PM   #4471
ryanwilliamcantrell OP
Get Out and Ride!!

Oddometer: 3,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahosam View Post

Bet that got your attention! This thread slipped all the way to the middle of page 2... What the $%$^%& Is anyone still in Boise?

PLease let Spring show it's sunny/warm face. We all need to come out of hibernation
I'm really hurting for a weekend ride. I was REALLY hoping this weekend would be the 1st of the year, but waking up to snow on the day of departure really killed that.

ryanwilliamcantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:05 PM   #4472
Idahosam
Set Adrift

Oddometer: 4,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwilliamcantrell View Post
I'm really hurting for a weekend ride. I was REALLY hoping this weekend would be the 1st of the year, but waking up to snow on the day of departure really killed that.
Amen to that, I had something planned out for last weekend too, but you have to admit, really hard to motivate when it's snowing. snowed pretty good out at work today 1/2 inch but melted off by late afternoon. The wind never let up though....... OH COME On SPRING

You've not even got to properly break in your XR yet

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
Aldous Huxley
Idahosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:01 PM   #4473
trailrider383
867-5309

Oddometer: 3,164
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahosam View Post
Amen to that, I had something planned out for last weekend too, but you have to admit, really hard to motivate when it's snowing. snowed pretty good out at work today 1/2 inch but melted off by late afternoon. The wind never let up though....... OH COME On SPRING

You've not even got to properly break in your XR yet

What did I say on 2-7-11? Oh yeah here it is.

[QUOTE=trailrider383;15136856]Thanks for the report. Things are looking up in the desert. Gonna have to start hitting it hard before it rains/snows again.[/QUOTE]

And what did I do on 2-12-11? Nice weekend in February, what to do? Kind of a no-brainer. You got to strike while the iron is hot boys.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:00 AM   #4474
Idahosam
Set Adrift

[QUOTE=trailrider383;15257626]

What did I say on 2-7-11? Oh yeah here it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrider383 View Post
Thanks for the report. Things are looking up in the desert. Gonna have to start hitting it hard before it rains/snows again.[/QUOTE]

And what did I do on 2-12-11? Nice weekend in February, what to do? Kind of a no-brainer. You got to strike while the iron is hot boys.

Wasn't that the Saturday of the Happy Trail Grand Opening ( I won a nice door prize)? I was there and still got a nice afternoon ride in; the next day on the other hand was miserable.

What I have noticed is the weather difference. I work 40 miles out in the desert and many, many times the Boise Bowl is depressing (inversion, rainy, cloudy, etc, etc) but as I drive (climb) out of town every morning the weather morphs to mostly sunny and clear; however, the temperature drop at least 5 degrees and the wind is unrelenting sustained 15-20 on most days but at least I get my vitamin "D" dose in That said it is difficult to get the motivation wagon on a depressing Saturday.... so come on spring!!!!

See you out there

Aldous Huxley
Old 02-23-2011, 10:08 AM   #4475
effensteve
Enjoying the ride

Oddometer: 661
Yup, that was tech day Weekend, I guess really we could blame Capt. Ed for not getting out like we wanted that weekend. I mean really, who schedules a day to tear down the bikes when it is that nice out. If you think about it, Trailrider really isn't a nice guy, He didn't post anything accept the gloating, no invites, no nothin. Oh well, my doo is done and I am shooting for a 10k year.
effensteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:19 AM   #4476
FoolHardy
Still Inky

Oddometer: 548
Picked up a new ride for the wife this weekend, a 2001 TW200. She should be able to easily do the speed limit now, and the liitle Tdub will be a good confidence builder offroad. Once my leg is all healed up we'll be ready to roll!

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go" - T.S. Elliot
FoolHardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:33 AM   #4477
ryanwilliamcantrell OP
Get Out and Ride!!

Oddometer: 3,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkyfingers View Post
Picked up a new ride for the wife this weekend, a 2001 TW200. She should be able to easily do the speed limit now, and the liitle Tdub will be a good confidence builder offroad. Once my leg is all healed up we'll be ready to roll!
Those are great trail bikes too ~ you should come out on the single track this year with it ~ Deadwood Ridge is calling your name.

ryanwilliamcantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:45 AM   #4478
effensteve
Enjoying the ride

Congrats inky

Thats super, I wish my wife would ride. I think I am a little jealous of you. Have fun this summer. The woods are a great place for naughty co-eds.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:52 PM   #4479
trailrider383
867-5309

Quote:
Originally Posted by effensteve View Post
Yup, that was tech day Weekend, I guess really we could blame Capt. Ed for not getting out like we wanted that weekend. I mean really, who schedules a day to tear down the bikes when it is that nice out. If you think about it, Trailrider really isn't a nice guy, He didn't post anything accept the gloating, no invites, no nothin. Oh well, my doo is done and I am shooting for a 10k year.
I guess I'm going to have to quote myself again.

Quote:
P.S. I'm loading my gear on the DR and going camping tomorrow. That is all.
Can't you read between the lines? I posted that at 9:49 p.m. and left the next morning at 10:30. You had all kinds of time to invite yourself along. I knew you and Bob were busy that day at the doohickey orgy and I wasn't going to wait around til late in the day to leave.

Everyone else was probably busy cleaning their cats glands or painting the wifes toenails or something.

10k year?

1. You are going to add 10k worth of farkles to your KLR?
2. You are going to buy a KTM?
3. You hope to pay taxes on 10K profit?

When are you going to post up a ride to the Fields area?
Old 02-23-2011, 02:16 PM   #4480
effensteve
Enjoying the ride

What an orgy it was , big fat beauties strung out all over the brand new shop floor at HT. The trip to fields is going to have to wait untill I can figure out exactly where the Homestead is and a route thaws out. I think it will contribute to the 10,000 mile year that will happen this year. I refuse to farkle the big lady beyond bash guards and big dude suspension junk. I can't buy another bike untill this one is toast, could be a while.

According to the weather guesser 7000 there could be a good mid week ride on the schedule for next week.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:03 PM   #4481
Idahosam
Set Adrift

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkyfingers View Post
Hey Inky, congratulations! your wife or you will enjoy that little donkey. I bought one new in 94 rode it all over then sold it to Toni in 06 and he couldn't kill it either.

Aldous Huxley
Old 02-23-2011, 06:11 PM   #4482
Idahosam
Set Adrift

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrider383 View Post
I guess I'm going to have to quote myself again.

Can't you read between the lines? I posted that at 9:49 p.m. and left the next morning at 10:30. You had all kinds of time to invite yourself along. I knew you and Bob were busy that day at the doohickey orgy and I wasn't going to wait around til late in the day to leave.

Everyone else was probably busy cleaning their cats glands or painting the wifes toenails or something.

10k year?

1. You are going to add 10k worth of farkles to your KLR?
2. You are going to buy a KTM?
3. You hope to pay taxes on 10K profit?

When are you going to post up a ride to the Fields area?
.......................................... Is it spring YET

Aldous Huxley
Old 02-23-2011, 07:37 PM   #4483
trailrider383
867-5309

Quote:
According to the weather guesser 7000 there could be a good mid week ride on the schedule for next week.
I could probably do a ride mid-week. Post it up beyotch.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:43 PM   #4484
Special Ed_65
A.K.A. Special Ed

Oddometer: 169
Quote:

Steve, I would be up for a wednesday Ride......?

http://www.motoidaho.com/
Special Ed_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:21 PM   #4485
effensteve
Enjoying the ride

Well Eds (plural of Ed?) Wednesday sounds fine to me. I'm thinking west side of the Owyhee somewhere. Probably have to stick to some of the main roads to stay out of the legendary Owyhee gumbo, but we can play it by ear.