ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #6151
silverspurs
what's over there?
 
silverspurs's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: E-DA-HOW
Oddometer: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbh40a View Post
If you don't mind me asking where are you going in Canada?
Boise to Vancouver BC, then up to Whistler and Pemberton on the Sea to Sky Hi-way, up the Caribou Hi-way to Prince George, Yellowhead Hiway over to Prince Rupert, catch the ferry to Port Hardy on Vancouver Island, then down the Island to Victoria, another ferry over to WA. down the WA. coast then back home through central OR... two 1200's, one a GS, the other an RT, and me on my 1700 vulcan cruiser...

this is a scouting trip for our hoped for Dead Horse trip in two years... plus just getting away and having some fun!!

silverspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:25 AM   #6152
daxm
Gnarly Adventurer
 
daxm's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Boise, Id
Oddometer: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahosam View Post
Forgive me for asking, but whats the hurry? You have at least 5 months before the snow starts to fly. You sir are cooking from point to point. Snow should be cleared off most upper elevations by the end of June.

This is my first year of really trying to participate in the challenge so I'm eager to get going. Also, though I don't have a packed summer schedule, I just know that the next thing I know it will be October and I've not hit all the challenge sites! So, I'm getting while the getting is good (or bad as is the case with snow, etc.).
__________________
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." -- Carl Sagan
daxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:19 AM   #6153
Firefighter_Joe
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Firefighter_Joe's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Oddometer: 205
Morning Idahoans! I'm still lurking. Meridian PD sent this out, might be fun to go to!

Joe

Hello—
If you ride a motorcycle, this is something you may be interested in.
The Treasure Valley Motor Officers are sponsoring Chills and Thrills at High Desert Harley this Saturday. Registration begins at 8:00 AM and the course is open from 9 to 1:00 PM. There will be cone patterns set up based on Police Motor drills. Some patterns will be slightly larger for the motorcycling public and some will be set to Police Motor standards. There will be Police Motors representing various agencies from around the valley to help guide you through the drills as well as Police Motor instructors. The intent of this event is to make you a better rider and help you recognize areas that need improvement in an effort to reduce motorcycle crashes and fatalities. Idaho STAR will also be there with information on motorcycle safety classes.

The event is free to attend; however, we do this as a fund raiser for the Ronald McDonald House so a donation would be appreciated. Someone from their staff will be there to accept donations.

You are required to have a motorcycle endorsement and wear appropriate riding gear: DOT helmet, full finger gloves, long pants and over the ankle foot wear.

Thanks and hope to see you Saturday,

Will Stoy
Motor Officer
Meridian Police Dept.
Firefighter_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #6154
Scooterholic
Studly Adventurer
 
Scooterholic's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Nampa Idaho
Oddometer: 569
My wife and I are going to the Chills and Thrills, if you see a yellow katana and a blue bandit feel free to say hi.
__________________
Go that way really fast if something gets in your way turn.

2001 Suzuki Katana 600
1992 Kawasaki ZX7 ( in bike coma )
2007 Honda Reflex
Scooterholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #6155
BeckadareO
Adventurer
 
BeckadareO's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Nampa, Idaho
Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter_Joe View Post
Morning Idahoans! I'm still lurking. Meridian PD sent this out, might be fun to go to!

Joe

Hello—
If you ride a motorcycle, this is something you may be interested in.
The Treasure Valley Motor Officers are sponsoring Chills and Thrills at High Desert Harley this Saturday. Registration begins at 8:00 AM and the course is open from 9 to 1:00 PM. There will be cone patterns set up based on Police Motor drills. Some patterns will be slightly larger for the motorcycling public and some will be set to Police Motor standards. There will be Police Motors representing various agencies from around the valley to help guide you through the drills as well as Police Motor instructors. The intent of this event is to make you a better rider and help you recognize areas that need improvement in an effort to reduce motorcycle crashes and fatalities. Idaho STAR will also be there with information on motorcycle safety classes.

The event is free to attend; however, we do this as a fund raiser for the Ronald McDonald House so a donation would be appreciated. Someone from their staff will be there to accept donations.

You are required to have a motorcycle endorsement and wear appropriate riding gear: DOT helmet, full finger gloves, long pants and over the ankle foot wear.

Thanks and hope to see you Saturday,

Will Stoy
Motor Officer
Meridian Police Dept.
Ended up going to this and had a great time. I can't wait to do it again. They were very helpful and patient with everyone
BeckadareO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:51 AM   #6156
Special Ed_65
A.K.A. Special Ed
 
Special Ed_65's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Nampa ID
Oddometer: 169
Happy Trails's KLR650 25th Anniversary Rally

Here is some information about Happy Trails's KLR650 25th Anniversary Rally next week.... http://www.happy-trail.com/KLR-25th-...ary-Rally.aspx and https://sites.google.com/a/happy-tra...rally/schedule
__________________
A.K.A. Special Ed..... They let me ride in the back of the Short Bus

http://www.motoidaho.com/
Special Ed_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:26 PM   #6157
Idahosam
Set Adrift
 
Idahosam's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Here and There.. but mostly in the Desert
Oddometer: 4,108
A shout out to Special Ed, Dan D, Ewood and the Shutteman for a Great 5 day ride through Hells Canyon area. Also hoping no one is hurting too bad and or bruised.

Here's something to make you chuckle. Dan can I get some of your video to use.... add to mine?

__________________
My Ride South of the Border
Riding Nevada's Pony Express Trail May 2013

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
Aldous Huxley
Idahosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:37 PM   #6158
IDRIDR
Take me to the River
 
IDRIDR's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Boise, Idaho
Oddometer: 1,238
Hells Canyon ride was fantastic!! Good to finally meet you Sam.

IDRIDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:35 PM   #6159
Idahosam
Set Adrift
 
Idahosam's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Here and There.. but mostly in the Desert
Oddometer: 4,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDRIDR View Post
Hells Canyon ride was fantastic!! Good to finally meet you Sam.

Indeed! Very nice meeting the both of you's; I hope to see you out there in the future. Maybe next time we'll sit a talk a bit.

Took me almost 12 hours to get home, had a couple of side trips to attend to.
__________________
My Ride South of the Border
Riding Nevada's Pony Express Trail May 2013

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
Aldous Huxley
Idahosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #6160
EWood
Adventurer
 
EWood's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Boise, Idaho
Oddometer: 42
Side Trip Entertainment

Great Video Sam! Love the name our your new Film Production Company... It was a great trip...

Eric
EWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:08 AM   #6161
Jason Abbott
Long time Idaho rider
 
Jason Abbott's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Boise, Idaho, USA
Oddometer: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahosam View Post
Here's something to make you chuckle.
That was fantastic.
__________________
Photo ride reports: http://trailimage.com/
Jason Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #6162
Special Ed_65
A.K.A. Special Ed
 
Special Ed_65's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Nampa ID
Oddometer: 169
Thanks Sam

Thanks for the great trip Sam....

This sign caught my eye when we were in the bottom of Kirkwood. I thought it was appropriate for the trail going down in there

__________________
A.K.A. Special Ed..... They let me ride in the back of the Short Bus

http://www.motoidaho.com/
Special Ed_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #6163
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister
 
Ladybug0048's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
Oddometer: 10,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahosam View Post
A shout out to Special Ed, Dan D, Ewood and the Shutteman for a Great 5 day ride through Hells Canyon area. Also hoping no one is hurting too bad and or bruised.

Here's something to make you chuckle. Dan can I get some of your video to use.... add to mine?

This needs to go on the first post of the 2013 Hells Canyon thread as previews of coming attractions
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #6164
trailrider383
867-5309
 
trailrider383's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: NP, ID
Oddometer: 3,023
Did Sam fall down or something? Where is the ride report on the trail down into Kirkwood?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special Ed_65 View Post
Thanks for the great trip Sam....

This sign caught my eye when we were in the bottom of Kirkwood. I thought it was appropriate for the trail going down in there

__________________
DO WHAT YOU LIKE - LIKE WHAT YOU DO
Explain to me again why enjoying life when I retire is more important than enjoying life now?
trailrider383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:12 PM   #6165
Idahosam
Set Adrift
 
Idahosam's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Here and There.. but mostly in the Desert
Oddometer: 4,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrider383 View Post
Did Sam fall down or something? Where is the ride report on the trail down into Kirkwood?
I told Special Ed he could do the report. Hard to get the really cool shots from up front.

Here's a couple from just before the decent



From here on it gets good... as-in sliding down Dan was smiling here but that changed real quick.






But once we got there the ranch was very interesting and pretty warm to boot



So, we have to go up



Almost a 4000 ft drop in 5 miles, but I'll let Ed Tell the tale of woe.

I'm getting ready to head up to my place in Cascade and I have no internet.
__________________
My Ride South of the Border
Riding Nevada's Pony Express Trail May 2013

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
Aldous Huxley
Idahosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014