ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #6361
silverspurs
what's over there?

Oddometer: 859
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwilliamcantrell View Post
Careful for Rednecks with open containers!

(That's where I got hit by an F250 last year, on the way back into Middle Fork LO)

I remember that!... I'll be careful and hug the right bar ditch all the time!!
silverspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #6362
daxm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspurs View Post
I posted a group ride over on IAMC for the Salmon/Challis area Next Sunday and Monday... July 29 and 30... meeting in Salmon Sunday morning about 9am, visiting Ulyssess, Yellowjacket, Middle Fork Peak LO, and Leesburg, then camping at Challis HS campground that night...

on Monday, the plan is to ride the Sleeping Deer Road and visit Bay Horse then head back to Boise... if your going to over that way, let's get together for a ride!... rick

Enjoy! It is beautiful up here. Alas, I'm not going to be able to get all the sites since I crashed and split my valve cover head on my bike.

Notice the straight, flat road I'm on. Pretty technical to crash on! I *think* I glanced a loose rock which shot my front tire up in the air and sideways. It happened so quickly I don't recall anything other than: "Rock! Shit, I'm crashing! Ouch, my ribs and hip!"

Luckily I had ATGATT or all this rock would have made this crash MUCH worse. I'll need a new helmet to be sure.

As you can see all the oil I didn't restart the bike but just coasted to the main road. I'm U-Hauling the bike back to Boise for repair. Once that is done I'm going back here and I'm going to piss on that damn rock! It isn't going to keep me from finishing this Challenge! No Way!

I hope to see ya'll on the road in a few weeks.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:37 PM   #6363
Handy
Sunburnt

Oddometer: 1,666
That sucks! At least you are OK, hopefully you can get back on the road quickly.
Handy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:19 PM   #6364
silverspurs
what's over there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxm View Post
Enjoy! It is beautiful up here. Alas, I'm not going to be able to get all the sites since I crashed and split my valve cover head on my bike.

Notice the straight, flat road I'm on. Pretty technical to crash on! I *think* I glanced a loose rock which shot my front tire up in the air and sideways. It happened so quickly I don't recall anything other than: "Rock! Shit, I'm crashing! Ouch, my ribs and hip!"

Luckily I had ATGATT or all this rock would have made this crash MUCH worse. I'll need a new helmet to be sure.

As you can see all the oil I didn't restart the bike but just coasted to the main road. I'm U-Hauling the bike back to Boise for repair. Once that is done I'm going back here and I'm going to piss on that damn rock! It isn't going to keep me from finishing this Challenge! No Way!

I hope to see ya'll on the road in a few weeks.

oh man!... sorry to see this!... what road were you on?? hope it is simple to fix so you can get back on the road... and I hope the aches and pains go away soon!
Old 07-26-2012, 03:24 AM   #6365
daxm
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
oh man!... sorry to see this!... what road were you on?? hope it is simple to fix so you can get back on the road... and I hope the aches and pains go away soon!
Funny enough it was the furthest road from home. FS005, North of North Fork.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #6366
tvbh40a
PSUViking

Oddometer: 1,412
truck

Quote:

Do you need any help? I am sitting on my butt in the AC. I can come haul it for ya.
tvbh40a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:00 PM   #6367
silverspurs
what's over there?

Quote:

Sooo... that would be the road behind Indian Creek Guard station up to Ulysses?? I'm bringing my truck to Salmon on Sunday Morning... if you haven't figured out a way to get the bike home by tonight, then give me a call on my cell tonight..., we can bring a trailer and haul it home for you, we'll be leaving tomorrow about noon for Henry's Lake, then up to Salmon on Sunday... let me know... rick

silverspurs screwed with this post 07-26-2012 at 05:05 PM
Old 07-26-2012, 05:04 PM   #6368
silverspurs
what's over there?

Quote:

sorry , repost
Old 07-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #6369
daxm
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:

Sooo... that would be the road behind Indian Creek Guard station up to Ulysses?? I'm bringing my truck to Salmon on Sunday Morning... if you haven't figured out a way to get the bike home by tonight, then give me a call on my cell tonight..., we can bring a trailer and haul it home for you, we'll be leaving tomorrow about noon for Henry's Lake, then up to Salmon on Sunday... let me know... rick
I already hauled it home. Thanks for the offer though!
You'll probably see where I wrecked due to the oil spill. Watch out for stealth rocks!

Old 07-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #6370
silverspurs
what's over there?

Quote:
I already hauled it home. Thanks for the offer though!
You'll probably see where I wrecked due to the oil spill. Watch out for stealth rocks!

glad your back safe!
Old 07-27-2012, 06:15 PM   #6371
Jason Abbott
Long time Idaho rider

Oddometer: 659
My annual brother ride

Me and my three brothers spent five days riding through North Idaho mountains. We had radios this time which was nice. That's the talking in the video. It's not edited fancy like Sam's but as a sweetener, there's a little tumble at the end.

This is just part of one day, getting from our first-day campsite along Marble Creek over into Montana. I have a bunch of pictures for a report too. The video was a new thing. If you haven't seen much of North Idaho, here you go

Old 07-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #6372
Stegerman
MotoOCD sufferer

Oddometer: 584
Unusual request (doesnt hurt to ask)

Hello All - I'm a Boise area rider who due to family, work, etc.. doesn't get out much off road and hence I am fairly sure I don't know any of you although I love reading all the rides you guys go on. That said, I just received word that my 95 yr old grandma back in Montana has stopped taking in nutrition and they don't expect her to last very long. That means I am facing at least a (sad) 6 day trip to Billings and back for her funeral. I bought an 1150GS last fall and have been saving my pennies for some cases to put on, but don't have them yet. Here's the request: I have the stock case mounts, so if anyone has some cases they would be willing to rent me for the trip I would really appreciate it. It would certainly make packing on the bike easier. I am a mid-40s rider who has logged 40K miles since 2009 (mostly on my now sold F650) and am very trust-worthy. I'm not a hard case, I'm just not in a position right now to drop the money on some new cases. I'm guessing I'll need them either by the end of the week or early next. I know it's a long shot, but it never hurts to ask.

Thanks - if you can help pm me and that will send an email to my phone or send me an email on my profile.

formally trained to screw with people's minds..
Stegerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:59 PM   #6373
tvbh40a
PSUViking

Oddometer: 1,412
nice video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Abbott View Post
Me and my three brothers spent five days riding through North Idaho mountains. We had radios this time which was nice. That's the talking in the video. It's not edited fancy like Sam's but as a sweetener, there's a little tumble at the end.

This is just part of one day, getting from our first-day campsite along Marble Creek over into Montana. I have a bunch of pictures for a report too. The video was a new thing. If you haven't seen much of North Idaho, here you go

That was the most controlled exit off a trail I have ever seen. Good job.
tvbh40a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:31 PM   #6374
Stegerman
MotoOCD sufferer

Oddometer: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Abbott View Post

What a great video. Fun to watch where you go with that big pig. Thanks

Evo posted and Tapatalk approved

formally trained to screw with people's minds..
Stegerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:59 AM   #6375
FXRBILL
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stegerman View Post
Hello All - I'm a Boise area rider who due to family, work, etc.. doesn't get out much off road and hence I am fairly sure I don't know any of you although I love reading all the rides you guys go on. That said, I just received word that my 95 yr old grandma back in Montana has stopped taking in nutrition and they don't expect her to last very long. That means I am facing at least a (sad) 6 day trip to Billings and back for her funeral. I bought an 1150GS last fall and have been saving my pennies for some cases to put on, but don't have them yet. Here's the request: I have the stock case mounts, so if anyone has some cases they would be willing to rent me for the trip I would really appreciate it. It would certainly make packing on the bike easier. I am a mid-40s rider who has logged 40K miles since 2009 (mostly on my now sold F650) and am very trust-worthy. I'm not a hard case, I'm just not in a position right now to drop the money on some new cases. I'm guessing I'll need them either by the end of the week or early next. I know it's a long shot, but it never hurts to ask.

Thanks - if you can help pm me and that will send an email to my phone or send me an email on my profile.
No hard cases but I have a Cortech Tri bag system that you are welcome to use.