ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #7051
Bob
Formerly H20Pumper

Oddometer: 2,455
Awesome video!
I want to ride with Hunter, if he promises to wait for me at all the intersections.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:21 AM   #7052
Jason Abbott
Long time Idaho rider

Oddometer: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMarine View Post
Looks like fun out there! Good Job Hunter!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahosam View Post
Wooh, way to go Hunter! Oh and you too Jason Looks like you guys had an outstanding ride.
I'll pass that along to him. He doesn't seem to believe he did a good job. The dirt pros he's watched probably made it seem easier than what he experienced. He said he's up for another ride this week, though, so we'll get him to the X-Games yet! And then the real pinnacle, a ride with y'all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Awesome video! I want to ride with Hunter, if he promises to wait for me at all the intersections.
Probably out of luck, there. We haven't talked about trail etiquette yet.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:48 AM   #7053
daxm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
Big Bike Boulder Basin Bash 2013???

I didn't make it all the way up to the top last year and then Jason Abbott had to show me up (and take is wife with him!).

So, I propose an overnighter stay and challenge for all us big bike riders to try riding the Boulder Basin road. (We can't let Jason be the ONLY one of us to get up to the top!)

I don't have any date in mind as of yet BUT we should not go before July 15th (or even later) as that draw isn't snow free until mid/late July.

Any takers on joining me? Any suggestions on what date works best?

Jason, you gonna come show us up again?

Silverspurs, wanna try it again?
Old 04-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #7054
Jason Abbott
Long time Idaho rider

Oddometer: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by daxm View Post
I propose an overnighter stay and challenge for all us big bike riders to try riding the Boulder Basin road … Jason, you gonna come
I'm no longer in the big bike club but I'll certainly ride along and help with the lifting. Dates already booked for me are July 26–29 and August 9–13.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:05 AM   #7055
tvbh40a
PSUViking

Oddometer: 1,396
yup

Quote:
I didn't make it all the way up to the top last year and then Jason Abbott had to show me up (and take is wife with him!).

So, I propose an overnighter stay and challenge for all us big bike riders to try riding the Boulder Basin road. (We can't let Jason be the ONLY one of us to get up to the top!)

I don't have any date in mind as of yet BUT we should not go before July 15th (or even later) as that draw isn't snow free until mid/late July.

In if the dates work out..

tvbh40a screwed with this post 04-29-2013 at 07:29 PM
tvbh40a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:01 PM   #7056
effensteve
Enjoying the ride

Oddometer: 576
I'd be more than happy to help Jason laugh, point, shoot then lift. Been wanting to get up that direction. But, sorry I'm not in your club, little bike. But I'll bring beer.
effensteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:36 PM   #7057
Idahosam
Set Adrift

Oddometer: 4,108
Quote:

This could be fun! I'll ride my DRZ and help with the picking up of said Bavarian Panzer, while recording for prosperity...... Jason can do the archival documenting

I currently have the weekend of July 20th open?

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
Aldous Huxley
Idahosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:05 PM   #7058
silverspurs
what's over there?

Oddometer: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwilliamcantrell View Post
My best friend endo'd my TW200 too. I watched him get crossed up in the whoops going to fast (TW200 ~ not the bike to be cruising through whoops on, at speed). Watched him go right over the handlebars, then watched my new TW200 (less than 2k miles on it, and 6 months old) do three cartwheels before coming to rest. It was a rough day. Broken collar bone, trashed bars, fairing tank... pretty much the everything in front of the footpegs was toast, save the rim and forks.

Hey guy's;
I've got an opportunity to pick up a mid 90's tw200 with about 5000 on the odo... I'd be getting it mostly for the wife and grand kids to ride but also for me to use for some of the knarlier jeep trails and single track where I don't want to take my bigger bikes...

what do you think about the tw 200?? are they ok?

silverspurs screwed with this post 04-29-2013 at 09:17 PM
silverspurs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:14 PM   #7059
silverspurs
what's over there?

Quote:

Hmmm;
you saw what happened to me with my "mid size" klr last year!... I only made it in 1/2 way before I spun out in those softball size rocks on the slide...

but this sounds like fun!!, I've got606's on the KLR now and I'll strip er' down for that trip... soooo, I'm in!! (but not on the Tenere, not enough ground clearance and I'd probably start to cry if I injured her)

I might even try this on a tw200 (if I end up with one)
Old 04-29-2013, 01:47 PM   #7060
Ron in Boise
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspurs View Post
Hmmm;
you saw what happened to me with my "mid size" klr last year!... I only made it in 1/2 way before I spun out in those softball size rocks on the slide...

but this sounds like fun!!, I've got606's on the KLR now and I'll strip er' down for that trip... soooo, I'm in!! (but not on the Tenere, not enough ground clearance and I'd probably start to cry if I injured her)

I might even try this on a tw200 (if I end up with one)

A friend of mine and I just got back from a week in the St.George area and a week and a half down by Moab. We both ride TW200,s.
http://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...ure-ride-moab/
I have had my TW200 for a little over a year now. I put a 55 tooth on the back and find that it enhances my ability to navigate the near impossible. I am mostly a back country rider but have been riding dirt bikes since 1959. If I want to ride roads, I have a Sportster.

Happy Trails All

Ron in Boise
Ron in Boise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:34 PM   #7061
daxm
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Abbott View Post
I'm no longer in the big bike club but I'll certainly ride along and help with the lifting. Dates already booked for me are July 26–29 and August 9–13.
What!!! No big bike anymore! Hmm... I guess I can't be your friend anymore. Okay, I'm over it. What about Aug 2-4?

Quote:
This could be fun! I'll ride my DRZ and help with the picking up of said Bavarian Panzer, while recording for prosperity...... Jason can do the archival documenting

I currently have the weekend of July 20th open?
Idahosam, You know this area better than I. Considering that most of the trail is just following the stream bed up the mountain I'm concerned with going too early. Can you do the first weekend of Aug? (Aug 2,3,4 area).

I don't know if we need a double overnighter if anyone is tight on time. I figure either I'll get to the top or not on one day and be too pooped to try it again. Last time I tried Silverspurs had to wait 30 minutes for me to catch my breath before we continued our trip.

I'll setup a motoidaho.com event once we dial in the date.

Oh, and you small member (oops I mean bike) riders. You can come too. Feel free to laugh heartily as my fat ass tries to ride a big bike places neither should go.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:10 PM   #7062
Xylx
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Tw 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspurs View Post
Hey guy's;
I've got an opportunity to pick up a mid 90's tw200 with about 5000 on the odo... I'd bet getting it mostly for the wife and grand kids to ride but also I might use for some of the knarlier jeep trails and single track where I don't want to take my biker bikes...

what do you think about the tw 200?? are they ok?
Last week when I was lying on a rock in Moab with my DRZ on top of me I was thinking, maybe it's time to get a TW200. I know a guy who is not the most skilled rider, but got one up the Kane Creek trail in Moab. Speaks volumes about those bikes. I see low mileage TWs on Craigslist in Boise fairly often.
Xylx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:16 PM   #7063
Idahosam
Set Adrift

Oddometer: 4,108
Quote:
What!!! No big bike anymore! Hmm... I guess I can't be your friend anymore. Okay, I'm over it. What about Aug 2-4?

Idahosam, You know this area better than I. Considering that most of the trail is just following the stream bed up the mountain I'm concerned with going too early. Can you do the first weekend of Aug? (Aug 2,3,4 area).

I don't know if we need a double overnighter if anyone is tight on time. I figure either I'll get to the top or not on one day and be too pooped to try it again. Last time I tried Silverspurs had to wait 30 minutes for me to catch my breath before we continued our trip.

I'll setup a motoidaho.com event once we dial in the date.

Oh, and you small member (oops I mean bike) riders. You can come too. Feel free to laugh heartily as my fat ass tries to ride a big bike places neither should go.
Hey Daxm, I wish but as it stands right now I am scheduled to be at the "Rally in the Gorge" that weekend.

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
Aldous Huxley
Idahosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #7064
daxm
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Hey Daxm, I wish but as it stands right now I am scheduled to be at the "Rally in the Gorge" that weekend.
Then July 20th it is! :-)

I'll post a ride over at motoidaho.com

Bear in mind I'm not the most organized person so consider this ride a "choose your own adventure" type of ride.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:20 PM   #7065
silverspurs
what's over there?

Quote:
I believe Jason is drinking the Orange Kool-aid these days!!