ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-27-2013, 06:59 AM   #7531
hyperboarder
Potato Farmer
 
hyperboarder's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Meridian, ID
Oddometer: 1,023
So this week is the last week of the fiscal year at work and it's been rather stressful. Need to go beat on the bike this weekend to get blow off some steam, I have no idea when, but I was hoping someone might have some GPS tracks that I can use as I still have limited experience riding here. Looking for something that would be maybe a 2 hour loop from NW Meridian (Linder and Chinden) with probably level 2-3 dirt. I suppose a good map would do too, just don't want to get too lost .
__________________
Current: 08 Yamaha WR250R, 05 Suzuki DL1000, 92 Ford E250 Motohauler
Gone but not forgotten: 2008 KLR650, 2000 GSXR1000, 1999 ZX6R, 2000 GSXF600, 2004 Ural Tourist, 99 Suzuki DR650

Quarter Life Crisis 2011 Ural National Rally
hyperboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:21 AM   #7532
tvbh40a
PSUViking
 
tvbh40a's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Idaho home of the fiesta bowl champ BSU bronco's
Oddometer: 1,387
Getting lost is half the fun.

Head north on Eagle road and don't stop. You can hang a few rights and come back home on the Highway. Fun dirt roads up there. Or head towards Emmett and hang a right before you drop in the valley. Head up towards Pearl. Traction should be way better than off camber poof dirt that was on Black's creek a few weeks ago.
__________________
"Do today what other's won't, so you can do tomorrow what other's can't." Jody Sears-West Point
It is not enough to want to make the effort. Its in the doing, not just the thinking, that we accomplish our goals."
Just tell her my wife said it's OK-Handy
tvbh40a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:06 AM   #7533
silverspurs
what's over there?
 
silverspurs's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: E-DA-HOW
Oddometer: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbh40a View Post
Head north on Eagle road and don't stop. You can hang a few rights and come back home on the Highway. Fun dirt roads up there. Or head towards Emmett and hang a right before you drop in the valley. Head up towards Pearl. Traction should be way better than off camber poof dirt that was on Black's creek a few weeks ago.
what he said, but here is a map of a fun route I like that is level 2 or 3 in a couple of spots... however; don't follow this map from point D to E... google won't route it, but the Johnson Creek Road goes on through from D to E and is a fun ride... so just keep going North on Johnson Creek Rd at D... whatever you do, have fun!!

View Larger Map">
View Larger Map
__________________
"I have never been lost, but I will admit to being mighty confused for a while."
-Daniel Boone-
silverspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #7534
badmemory
Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Boise
Oddometer: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspurs View Post
what he said, but here is a map of a fun route I like that is level 2 or 3 in a couple of spots... however; don't follow this map from point D to E... google won't route it, but the Johnson Creek Road goes on through from D to E and is a fun ride... so just keep going North on Johnson Creek Rd at D... whatever you do, have fun!!

View Larger Map">
View Larger Map
That is a fun ride close to home. Pay no mind to the ambiguous No Trespassing signs around Johnson Creek rd, as long as you stay on the road you're fine. Gem county records on the interwebs show that a few years ago, the adjacent residents wanted to close off the road to the public. There was a spirited debate and the county ultimately won, so Johnson Cr Road should be forever a public easement. May have a cow gate or 2 to deal with.
badmemory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:56 AM   #7535
hyperboarder
Potato Farmer
 
hyperboarder's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Meridian, ID
Oddometer: 1,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmemory View Post
That is a fun ride close to home. Pay no mind to the ambiguous No Trespassing signs around Johnson Creek rd, as long as you stay on the road you're fine. Gem county records on the interwebs show that a few years ago, the adjacent residents wanted to close off the road to the public. There was a spirited debate and the county ultimately won, so Johnson Cr Road should be forever a public easement. May have a cow gate or 2 to deal with.
Looks like a winner. I'm going to try and dump this onto my 76CSX, haven't done that from google maps yet. Thanks gents!
__________________
Current: 08 Yamaha WR250R, 05 Suzuki DL1000, 92 Ford E250 Motohauler
Gone but not forgotten: 2008 KLR650, 2000 GSXR1000, 1999 ZX6R, 2000 GSXF600, 2004 Ural Tourist, 99 Suzuki DR650

Quarter Life Crisis 2011 Ural National Rally
hyperboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #7536
obrianmcc
Gnarly Adventurer
 
obrianmcc's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Boise Idaho
Oddometer: 359
Another couple of options off N Eagle......

1) N Eagle, Johnson Crk, Montour, Horseshoe Bend, Porter Crk, Hawley Mtn, Harris Creek Summit .... then Boise Ridge or back to Horseshoe Bend to connect Pearl Rd Home.

2) N Eagle, Johnson Crk, Montour, Sweet - Ola, High Valley, Banks Grade, Garden Valley, Alder Creek Summit, Placerville ..... then Boise Ridge or back to Horseshoe Bend to connect Pearl Rd Home.


Lots of options.... pretty much pull out the map and connect the dots! .... and if your lucky you might actually find some snow!
__________________
2006 DRZ 400 E / Plated - 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere

OBR ADV Gear
Website - www.obradvgear.com
Facebook - OBR ADV Gear
obrianmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:04 PM   #7537
hyperboarder
Potato Farmer
 
hyperboarder's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Meridian, ID
Oddometer: 1,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrianmcc View Post
Another couple of options off N Eagle......

1) N Eagle, Johnson Crk, Montour, Horseshoe Bend, Porter Crk, Hawley Mtn, Harris Creek Summit .... then Boise Ridge or back to Horseshoe Bend to connect Pearl Rd Home.

2) N Eagle, Johnson Crk, Montour, Sweet - Ola, High Valley, Banks Grade, Garden Valley, Alder Creek Summit, Placerville ..... then Boise Ridge or back to Horseshoe Bend to connect Pearl Rd Home.


Lots of options.... pretty much pull out the map and connect the dots! .... and if your lucky you might actually find some snow!
Are those all searchable in google?

Again, I have terrible knowledge of the local area, so places like Horseshoe Bend and Garden Valley ring a bell but the rest are all unknown to me. Really need to go get a stinkin Benchmark atlas.
__________________
Current: 08 Yamaha WR250R, 05 Suzuki DL1000, 92 Ford E250 Motohauler
Gone but not forgotten: 2008 KLR650, 2000 GSXR1000, 1999 ZX6R, 2000 GSXF600, 2004 Ural Tourist, 99 Suzuki DR650

Quarter Life Crisis 2011 Ural National Rally
hyperboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:33 PM   #7538
badmemory
Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Boise
Oddometer: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrianmcc View Post
Another couple of options off N Eagle......

1) N Eagle, Johnson Crk, Montour, Horseshoe Bend, Porter Crk, Hawley Mtn, Harris Creek Summit .... then Boise Ridge or back to Horseshoe Bend to connect Pearl Rd Home.
Can you get to Hawley Mt via Porter Creek Rd now? Seems like there was a locked gate a couple years ago. Looks like a fun route.
badmemory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #7539
obrianmcc
Gnarly Adventurer
 
obrianmcc's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Boise Idaho
Oddometer: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmemory View Post
Can you get to Hawley Mt via Porter Creek Rd now? Seems like there was a locked gate a couple years ago. Looks like a fun route.
.....it's actually through the State Land at the end of Jerusalem Rd
__________________
2006 DRZ 400 E / Plated - 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere

OBR ADV Gear
Website - www.obradvgear.com
Facebook - OBR ADV Gear
obrianmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:22 PM   #7540
obrianmcc
Gnarly Adventurer
 
obrianmcc's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Boise Idaho
Oddometer: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperboarder View Post
Are those all searchable in google?

Again, I have terrible knowledge of the local area, so places like Horseshoe Bend and Garden Valley ring a bell but the rest are all unknown to me. Really need to go get a stinkin Benchmark atlas.
You're not too far off.... you can establish your route off Google. I'm more of a map guy .... I have a GPS but have never embraced it's full capability.
__________________
2006 DRZ 400 E / Plated - 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere

OBR ADV Gear
Website - www.obradvgear.com
Facebook - OBR ADV Gear
obrianmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:46 PM   #7541
badmemory
Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Boise
Oddometer: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrianmcc View Post
.....it's actually through the State Land at the end of Jerusalem Rd
Ah, sure enough. Thanks!
badmemory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #7542
Blink43va
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Boise, ID
Oddometer: 16
New to ADV and the riding community. Would like to meet up and ride with you guys if the possibility arises.

My roommate and I ride quite a bit. I have a 1996 XR600R and he has a 2013 XT250. We are looking to meet some more ADV'rs to ride with!

Take care,

-Garrett
Blink43va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:22 PM   #7543
silverspurs
what's over there?
 
silverspurs's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: E-DA-HOW
Oddometer: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmemory View Post
Can you get to Hawley Mt via Porter Creek Rd now? Seems like there was a locked gate a couple years ago. Looks like a fun route.
that gate going up Porter Creek road is no ordinary gate!! it's "Fort Knox" quality!!... it's a big stout sum bitch!
unless your buddies with the key holder... your not getting through that gate!!
__________________
"I have never been lost, but I will admit to being mighty confused for a while."
-Daniel Boone-
silverspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:11 AM   #7544
bikerlibre
Adventurer
 
bikerlibre's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Boise
Oddometer: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspurs View Post
that gate going up Porter Creek road is no ordinary gate!! it's "Fort Knox" quality!!... it's a big stout sum bitch!
unless your buddies with the key holder... your not getting through that gate!!
I wondered if that route went through and I was considering a ride to come off Hawley Mnt. down the Porter Creek rd. but will discard that idea, thanks.

Going to Hawley Mnt. via Porter Creek-Jerusalem rd. is a good route which I recently rode. There's a few forks in the road to note (left, then right) and a turnoff from FS 373 right onto FS 374. Getting off-track is easy to do.
bikerlibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:55 PM   #7545
silverspurs
what's over there?
 
silverspurs's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: E-DA-HOW
Oddometer: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerlibre View Post
I wondered if that route went through and I was considering a ride to come off Hawley Mnt. down the Porter Creek rd. but will discard that idea, thanks.

Going to Hawley Mnt. via Porter Creek-Jerusalem rd. is a good route which I recently rode. There's a few forks in the road to note (left, then right) and a turnoff from FS 373 right onto FS 374. Getting off-track is easy to do.
if you have a gps route or pictures etc... I'd like to try that some time... I've seen the faint two track heading downhill North of Hawley LO and wondered if it went anywhere or just was a dead end... I've also ridden out quite a ways on Jerusalem rd, just never connected the two... thanks for the info!
__________________
"I have never been lost, but I will admit to being mighty confused for a while."
-Daniel Boone-
silverspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014