ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #7591
Hagen
crappy keyboarder

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCExpat View Post
I sold the DR as I wanted a more off road bike. I liked riding the DR from home to the trails but......riding home in 100+ was like sitting in a convection oven. Decided to get a bike to truck to the riding area and ride home with the AC. I got the Husaberg about 3 weeks ago and have been on 3 rides with and really like it. Good, smooth power from just over idle and not too heavy.

We did have a good ride that day and I hope to do a few more before winter hits.
I'm thinking about getting out this Saturday, wanna put something together? I'd love to see the berg.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:21 PM   #7592
tvbh40a
PSUViking

Oddometer: 1,407
what the??

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrider383 View Post
Did you find the section in your KTM's owners manual that covers "how to lift?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=bH3Nf9VeCKs
He had to use 2 arms, what a wuss!
tvbh40a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:26 PM   #7593
FoolHardy
Still Inky

Oddometer: 544
Yo Mike :)
Sorry we didn't connect, but I had a great ride! I met a couple of other riders at the springs. I saw them at the ramp and I waved as I went by. They caught up with me at the spring, they said that they had been lurking here and thought I might be the guy who posted that I wanted to ride out there today. I also met a couple of guys at the spring, and as it turns out they are the guys who built the "pool". They were about to drain it and do some patching. They let me soak for a while as long as I did the patching afterward, which I agreed to. Then I had the place all to myself , the sun was out, and it was so relaxing, I could have just laid there all day, but I promised to take my girl to the archery range :)

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go" - T.S. Elliot
FoolHardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:35 PM   #7594
tvbh40a
PSUViking

Oddometer: 1,407
bummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolHardy View Post
Sorry we didn't connect, but I had a great ride! I met a couple of other riders at the springs. I saw them at the ramp and I waved as I went by. They caught up with me at the spring, they said that they had been lurking here and thought I might be the guy who posted that I wanted to ride out there today. I also met a couple of guys at the spring, and as it turns out they are the guys who built the "pool". They were about to drain it and do some patching. They let me soak for a while as long as I did the patching afterward, which I agreed to. Then I had the place all to myself , the sun was out, and it was so relaxing, I could have just laid there all day, but I promised to take my girl to the archery range :)

If you need any help with Archery let me know. My son is one of the top Archers in the world. https://www.facebook.com/steveanders...ocation=stream

This is a pic of him in front of the Roman coliseum in Nimes, FR.
tvbh40a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:57 PM   #7595
Road Janitor
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Leslie Gulch Hot Springs

Hey FoolHardy good to hear you made it back. After we left you at the hot springs we headed back out towards US95 and turned and on Sand Basin Road. Dropped out at Poisin Creek Stage Stop and spent a few minutes checking it out. We hit jump Creek Road, headed south and ducked around the canal. From there we loosely followed the power lines back to the rigs near the POE. 92 miles with only 1/4 mile on pavement!
Road Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:06 PM   #7596
FoolHardy
Still Inky

Way cool Mike, you must be one proud papa. Today was day one for her. It was nice meeting you today Road Janitor :)

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go" - T.S. Elliot

FoolHardy screwed with this post 10-14-2013 at 10:16 PM
Old 10-15-2013, 07:45 AM   #7597
SCExpat
Ex-expat

Oddometer: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
I'm thinking about getting out this Saturday, wanna put something together? I'd love to see the berg.
As long as you do not want to do serious single track. Had my fill of that on the last ride. Too much like work on the Berg but I think it would be great on the trials bike.

If you follow the trail and look carefully, you can see 2 bikes just before the trail goes around the mountain.
SCExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #7598
TheAdmiral
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 883
Quote:

I had seen your post, but I had other ride plans for the day. Plus I've spent a lot of time riding down near there (Watson area) late summer and early fall. Few weeks ago I ran into several ATV groups that had taken the trail from Leslie Gulch to the Watson area and back. They said there were several rough area's and also mentioned the pools. I assume the hot spring pool you soaked in was what they were talking about. Sure was a nice day.

P.S. I wonder if Road Janitor is the same Road Janitor (person/group) I rode with out in the Danskin OHV area a few years ago (Veterans Day)? That was a fun time, though I held the group up with my slow riding.

Admiral's Voyages http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=788178
TheAdmiral is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #7599
FoolHardy
Still Inky

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAdmiral View Post
I had seen your post, but I had other ride plans for the day. Plus I've spent a lot of time riding down near there (Watson area) late summer and early fall. Few weeks ago I ran into several ATV groups that had taken the trail from Leslie Gulch to the Watson area and back. They said there were several rough area's and also mentioned the pools. I assume the hot spring pool you soaked in was what they were talking about. Sure was a nice day.

P.S. I wonder if Road Janitor is the same Road Janitor (person/group) I rode with out in the Danskin OHV area a few years ago (Veterans Day)? That was a fun time, though I held the group up with my slow riding.
Yeah, your name came up :) Not sure where "Watson" is.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:50 PM   #7600
obrianmcc
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 539
Quote:
As long as you do not want to do serious single track. Had my fill of that on the last ride. Too much like work on the Berg but I think it would be great on the trials bike.

If you follow the trail and look carefully, you can see 2 bikes just before the trail goes around the mountain.
Haga ?

OBR ADV Gear
Website - www.obradvgear.com
Facebook - OBR ADV Gear
obrianmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:06 PM   #7601
Hagen
crappy keyboarder

Oddometer: 9
[QUOTE=SCExpat;22556171]As long as you do not want to do serious single track. Had my fill of that on the last ride. Too much like work on the Berg but I think it would be great on the trials bike.

Negative on the single track. That dead end trail we rode the last time out together was about the limit of my ability. The road up to Hawley lookout was sure fun. I'll pm ya tomorrow.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:41 AM   #7602
TheAdmiral
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 883
Quote:
Not sure where "Watson" is.
Watson is west of Leslie Gulch at the headwaters of Lake Owyhee. Lots of cool things to see, Watson Cemetery, ruins of Watson Post Office, and some early 1900 ranches & ranch sites. There are also some nearby ranches up river on both sides (Birch Creek/Morrison Ranch (aka Pinnacle Ranch), Hattie Harrell & Griffith Ranch on the west side. Birch Creek is easy to get too, but the rest could test the KLR a bit because of some rocky steep terrain at times. My TW handled it well and an ATV should be easier. I've posted my rides in the area in my day trippin thread.

Watson area from up on the canyon rim area.

Admiral's Voyages http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=788178
TheAdmiral is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:47 AM   #7603
SCExpat
Ex-expat

Oddometer: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrianmcc View Post
Haga ?
Not sure where that is...but The trail we rode was the Corral Creek TH. 129.
http://moto-viking.com/?page_id=692

[QUOTE=Hagen;22562309]
Quote:

Negative on the single track. That dead end trail we rode the last time out together was about the limit of my ability. The road up to Hawley lookout was sure fun. I'll pm ya tomorrow.
Saturday is good so far.
SCExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #7604
FoolHardy
Still Inky

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAdmiral View Post
The hot springs are at the waypoint on the map east of the cemetery.
On an unrelated note I am going to Impact Guns after work to try out some pistols. 1st and 3rd wednesdays of the month from 5-7 is guys night, no charge for us men to use the range. Ten bucks for as many different pistols of the same caliber (plus ammo) for an hour of shooting. I'm looking to buy a pistol, so I'm going to try out a few. Anyone who wants is invited to join :)

Old 10-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #7605
obrianmcc
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 539
[QUOTE=SCExpat;22565057]Not sure where that is...but The trail we rode was the Corral Creek TH. 129.
http://moto-viking.com/?page_id=692

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen View Post

Saturday is good so far.

Corral Crk ..... gotcha..... I know where you're at now.

Haga is 130A/130A03 and drops off the back (south) side of Thorn Creek

OBR ADV Gear
Website - www.obradvgear.com
Facebook - OBR ADV Gear
obrianmcc is offline   Reply With Quote