ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2008, 09:30 PM   #766
ditchbanker
Owner of dull user line
 
ditchbanker's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Idaho-Beneath the smell of sugarbeats
Oddometer: 1,143
So, Ryan, how is the reassembly going? More importantly, how long do you plan on keaping the KLR in working order?
__________________
"I can't think of a single unmemorable camping trip we've had."

--Heath
ditchbanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:35 AM   #767
Idahosam
Set Adrift
 
Idahosam's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Here and There.. but mostly in the Desert
Oddometer: 4,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbh40a
Here you go;


In my son's words- a very sweet ride. It is a blast to ride,

Sorry Sam, I don't have all the electric accessories you have. I went out this morning and thermometer said 24 degrees and chance of snow. I was hoping it would get put off a week due to weather, as I said on the other web site.

I will go to work on those electric heating gadgets.
Hey that's quite OK as I pondered my sanity when I got to the snow level (immigrant rd & HY 20); the wind was whipping across the snow at ~15 mph Burrrrrrr.... And that I was running along a 40-50 mph you may have been bored not getting that new toy of yours out of second gear Your way out of my class now KLR= CJ5 , KTM 950R= Porsche That is one fine machine you have Don't hurt yourself now.
__________________
My Ride South of the Border
Riding Nevada's Pony Express Trail May 2013

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
Aldous Huxley
Idahosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:50 AM   #768
HeadingNorth
Keep On The Gas!!
 
HeadingNorth's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Boise Idaho
Oddometer: 987
Sweet!!

Yo Mike, Sweet ride!!! Can I borrow it???

RWC, That all sucks man!! How does Mrs. RWC take the news!!

Sam, Don't freeze out just yet.

I had a fun day yesterday. In prep for our Coast run and Redwoods I got the Beemer out and had the service brought up to snuff. Mounted my GPS on her and just had to do a test run. My goal was Emmett to Payette to Cambridge to Oxbow Dam to Halfway and then to the freeway home. So let the fun begin!!

The day starts out innocent enough. Pretty.

Black Canyon Res near Emmett on hWY 52
[/IMG]

Still some snow as we all know. Pretty


Sometimes my GPS decides to take a tour. Since I'm in no hurry I play along.


About 20 miles from Cambridge I notice the weather up ahead look bad. Now I always as myself "What Would RWC DO" and then I do the opposite. But this time I say, "What The Hell!!"


Getting close. Just outside Cambridge


So I fill up the tummy tank and get warm. It's pretty cold running at 75.


I take one more look down HWY 71 to Oxbow. Looks dark. Oh well Let's go.




Lot's of winter here. I watch for ice on the road as it's REAL cold now. The collected water on the side of the road is just iced over.




Then it starts. Snow!! Crap!!! It's almost April!!



I tried to get more photo's of it snowing but it diden't work. Since road tires and ice don't mix I turn around.
Got to stop for a picture. Ryan would be down that road in a New Yourk Minute!!


The balance of the trip was pretty much back the way I came. Just as I got home the storm that followed hit my house with a dusting of snow.

Man I love this bike!! Fast, quick turning and comfortable. If you manage the maintance they are no more than and other twin cyl bike. Buy then used and you get a good price. I only paid $7000 back in 2001 and she had 24,000 miles. Now she's got 65,500 and running strong. She was for sale but now I'm going to keep her. 280 miles today. No sweat
__________________
"Ride More....Bitch When Necessary...But....NO SINGLE TRACK RYAN"
HeadingNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:13 AM   #769
Idahosam
Set Adrift
 
Idahosam's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Here and There.. but mostly in the Desert
Oddometer: 4,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadingNorth
Yo Mike, Sweet ride!!! Can I borrow it???

RWC, That all sucks man!! How does Mrs. RWC take the news!!

Sam, Don't freeze out just yet.

I had a fun day yesterday. In prep for our Coast run and Redwoods I got the Beemer out and had the service brought up to snuff. Mounted my GPS on her and just had to do a test run. My goal was Emmett to Payette to Cambridge to Oxbow Dam to Halfway and then to the freeway home. So let the fun begin!!

The day starts out innocent enough. Pretty.

Black Canyon Res near Emmett on hWY 52
[/IMG]

Still some snow as we all know. Pretty


Sometimes my GPS decides to take a tour. Since I'm in no hurry I play along.


About 20 miles from Cambridge I notice the weather up ahead look bad. Now I always as myself "What Would RWC DO" and then I do the opposite. But this time I say, "What The Hell!!"


Getting close. Just outside Cambridge


So I fill up the tummy tank and get warm. It's pretty cold running at 75.


I take one more look down HWY 71 to Oxbow. Looks dark. Oh well Let's go.




Lot's of winter here. I watch for ice on the road as it's REAL cold now. The collected water on the side of the road is just iced over.




Then it starts. Snow!! Crap!!! It's almost April!!



I tried to get more photo's of it snowing but it diden't work. Since road tires and ice don't mix I turn around.
Got to stop for a picture. Ryan would be down that road in a New Yourk Minute!!


The balance of the trip was pretty much back the way I came. Just as I got home the storm that followed hit my house with a dusting of snow.

Man I love this bike!! Fast, quick turning and comfortable. If you manage the maintance they are no more than and other twin cyl bike. Buy then used and you get a good price. I only paid $7000 back in 2001 and she had 24,000 miles. Now she's got 65,500 and running strong. She was for sale but now I'm going to keep her. 280 miles today. No sweat

Quote:
She was for sale but now I'm going to keep her. 280 miles today. No sweat
So glad you changed your mind; that is one fine looking machine there and we'll do a few more road trips.... maybe a long weekend through Canyonlands later in the year

I am looking forward to our coast run.
__________________
My Ride South of the Border
Riding Nevada's Pony Express Trail May 2013

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
Aldous Huxley
Idahosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:48 AM   #770
ryanwilliamcantrell OP
Get Out and Ride!!
 
ryanwilliamcantrell's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Nampa, Idaho
Oddometer: 3,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadingNorth
She was for sale but now I'm going to keep her.





Get a DRZ already.



Your Strom will do anything that BMW will do....
__________________
Ride your own ride & enjoy your ride.


ryanwilliamcantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:10 AM   #771
HeadingNorth
Keep On The Gas!!
 
HeadingNorth's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Boise Idaho
Oddometer: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwilliamcantrell
Get a DRZ already.Your Strom will do anything that BMW will do....
O.K. Who will give me $4800 for the Strom??
__________________
"Ride More....Bitch When Necessary...But....NO SINGLE TRACK RYAN"
HeadingNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:18 AM   #772
Burtonridr
Wanderlost
 
Burtonridr's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Idaho
Oddometer: 3,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadingNorth
O.K. Who will give me $4800 for the Strom??
Lets start the bidding at the contents of my pocket..

Keys to misc things

a twenty dollar bill

two pennies

a dime

a nickle

and you can have the pants too if you want them

Jk, I love the strom but I dont have the money for one... When I get a bigger road bike I will probably get the strom
__________________
Have beer, will fly

"This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds."

Burtonridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:43 PM   #773
ryanwilliamcantrell OP
Get Out and Ride!!
 
ryanwilliamcantrell's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Nampa, Idaho
Oddometer: 3,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadingNorth
O.K. Who will give me $4800 for the Strom??
__________________
Ride your own ride & enjoy your ride.


ryanwilliamcantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:47 PM   #774
HeadingNorth
Keep On The Gas!!
 
HeadingNorth's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Boise Idaho
Oddometer: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwilliamcantrell
Yeah, How could I let my trusty Alaska ride go!
__________________
"Ride More....Bitch When Necessary...But....NO SINGLE TRACK RYAN"
HeadingNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:48 PM   #775
ryanwilliamcantrell OP
Get Out and Ride!!
 
ryanwilliamcantrell's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Nampa, Idaho
Oddometer: 3,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadingNorth
Yeah, How could I let my trusty Alaska ride go!
I think you'd have to be hitting the pipe to keep the BMW over the Strom.
__________________
Ride your own ride & enjoy your ride.


ryanwilliamcantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 05:01 PM   #776
Idahosam
Set Adrift
 
Idahosam's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Here and There.. but mostly in the Desert
Oddometer: 4,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwilliamcantrell
I think you'd have to be hitting the pipe to keep the BMW over the Strom.

Ryan, what is it you have against the BMW anyway? I personally think his stable looks pretty good as it is, JMHO. BTW he survived the 60's and 70's just as I did..man the 70's were fun! Pipe huh.
__________________
My Ride South of the Border
Riding Nevada's Pony Express Trail May 2013

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
Aldous Huxley
Idahosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:16 PM   #777
HeadingNorth
Keep On The Gas!!
 
HeadingNorth's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Boise Idaho
Oddometer: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahosam
BTW he survived the 60's and 70's just as I did..man the 70's were fun!
You should have seen me in my bell bottoms and leisure suit. Killer!!
__________________
"Ride More....Bitch When Necessary...But....NO SINGLE TRACK RYAN"
HeadingNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:38 PM   #778
capt ed
Capt Ed
 
capt ed's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Boise,Id
Oddometer: 527
platform shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadingNorth
You should have seen me in my bell bottoms and leisure suit. Killer!!
I resemble those remarks but added the platforms., sell the strom I know you are kidding, I was going to get you a free room for Thrursday night on the way to the Ralley.
capt ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:45 PM   #779
ryanwilliamcantrell OP
Get Out and Ride!!
 
ryanwilliamcantrell's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Nampa, Idaho
Oddometer: 3,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahosam
Ryan, what is it you have against the BMW anyway?
Unversatile.



The thought of taking the unversatile bike over the versatile bike makes my brain ache.
__________________
Ride your own ride & enjoy your ride.


ryanwilliamcantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 07:03 PM   #780
Idahosam
Set Adrift
 
Idahosam's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Here and There.. but mostly in the Desert
Oddometer: 4,107
RWC said:
Quote:
...makes my brain ache.
Yup! that shouldn't take to much these days, what with two machines one needed put together and another need-en taken apart; Yup my barain would be hurtin too So, how's the 685 project coming along?

Phil, Ed I never had the platforms, but I had a killer levi suit with a large collar. Bell bottoms that's a word I've not heard in a long long time.
__________________
My Ride South of the Border
Riding Nevada's Pony Express Trail May 2013

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
Aldous Huxley
Idahosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014