ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2014, 09:35 AM   #7831
obrianmcc
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspurs View Post
The IAMC website is not very user friendly... I won't go into all the details here, but it is difficult to carry on an exchange of ideas there due the way messages are set up.

This thread is about Boise area riding and riders, and the club is based in Boise. Perfectly appropriate to discuss it here... if we weren't discussing it here, the meeting last week about reviving the club would not have happened... good thing we're discussing it here.

OBR ADV Gear
Website - www.obradvgear.com
Facebook - OBR ADV Gear
obrianmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:35 AM   #7832
capt ed
Capt Ed

Oddometer: 529
meeting

Dax and Rick is there a good evening to meet this week, I have been slammed and with out a computer since the meeting. you guys can PM me.

08 DL650
02 DRZ400

AKA CPT. CRUNCH
IAMC
Friend of RWC
capt ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:02 PM   #7833
silverspurs
what's over there?

Oddometer: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt ed View Post
Dax and Rick is there a good evening to meet this week, I have been slammed and with out a computer since the meeting. you guys can PM me.

PM sent... thanks ED

Yamaha 1200 Super Tenere, KTM 525exc, Yamaha TW 200
silverspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:52 PM   #7834
silverspurs
what's over there?

Things are afoot!!

Just posting to let everyone know that things are falling into place over at IAMC for finishing up the 2013 challenge with a recognition meeting/dinner, and putting together a 2014 challenge... watch the IAMC site for more details:

http://www.motoidaho.com/node/28

there is a Spring ride event posted there, and other things are coming up... so, things are starting to happen!...

more coming, so check the site for updates!...

Old 02-07-2014, 06:47 PM   #7835
rockhopjohn
I LOVE Orogenies

Oddometer: 233
Quote:
Just posting to let everyone know that things are falling into place over at IAMC for finishing up the 2013 challenge with a recognition meeting/dinner, and putting together a 2014 challenge... watch the IAMC site for more details:

there is a Spring ride event posted there, and other things are coming up... so, things are starting to happen!...

Good to hear things are clicking along, I staring down the barrel of nearly full schedule between now and the end of June, so as much as I would love to, I am not sure I'll be able to make it to 2013 Challenge meeting/dinner. Any idea when that will be?

If I am lucky I might be in town for the Prairie ride. That is one I always enjoy, and i will be curious to see what the fires have done to that neck of the woods.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:58 PM   #7836
silverspurs
what's over there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhopjohn View Post
Good to hear things are clicking along, I staring down the barrel of nearly full schedule between now and the end of June, so as much as I would love to, I am not sure I'll be able to make it to 2013 Challenge meeting/dinner. Any idea when that will be?

If I am lucky I might be in town for the Prairie ride. That is one I always enjoy, and i will be curious to see what the fires have done to that neck of the woods.

Dates for the dinner/meeting have been discussed, but not firmly set, hope to see a firm date in the next couple of weeks, probably around the 3rd week of March?

watch the IAMC website for more info, but the date will appear here also so that the word gets out to as many as possible...

for those of you that did part or all of the 2012 challenge and didn't get your stickers, they are being ordered also... good stuff!!

Old 02-08-2014, 09:44 AM   #7837
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,601
Quote:

That's good news that IAMC is falling back into place. Good club, I just wish I was close to one like it.

Looking forward to seeing a good number of you at the Jamboree. Your campsite will be waiting for you.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:28 AM   #7838
Jason Abbott
Long time Idaho rider

Oddometer: 658
Idaho Trails Site

Maybe was mentioned somewhere but I just noticed the Idaho Trails site has had a facelift. Seems like a bigger map view and more base layer selections. It's a great resource. I always use it with the Topo base layer. http://trails.idaho.gov/trails/.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:59 PM   #7839
ryanwilliamcantrell OP
Get Out and Ride!!

Oddometer: 3,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Abbott View Post
Maybe was mentioned somewhere but I just noticed the Idaho Trails site has had a facelift. Seems like a bigger map view and more base layer selections. It's a great resource. I always use it with the Topo base layer. http://trails.idaho.gov/trails/.
Gracias.

I'd really like to run Kirkham this year on the 350. It's one that I've been 'meaning' to ride for years, and just haven't every gotten around to it.

ryanwilliamcantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:11 AM   #7840
obrianmcc
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwilliamcantrell View Post
Gracias.

I'd really like to run Kirkham this year on the 350. It's one that I've been 'meaning' to ride for years, and just haven't every gotten around to it.
Kirkham Ridge? ..... Fun trail!

OBR ADV Gear
Website - www.obradvgear.com
Facebook - OBR ADV Gear
obrianmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:57 AM   #7841
AZmike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
great link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Abbott View Post
Thanks
Old 02-15-2014, 06:40 PM   #7842
Adso
n00b

Oddometer: 8
IAMC Forums

Hi gang,

I see that there have been a few posts on motoidaho.com. However, when I click on them all I can see is what appears to be the first post in each, but cannot see any of the replies. I am not able to post a new reply, even though I'm logged in.

I'm assuming that not being able to read replies, or post has something to do with not being a paid member.

Suggestions for consideration (assuming I can't read replies or post because i'm not a paid member):
  1. Make the forums readable without logging in. (like advrider). I've been a long time lurker on advrider. Just reading the posts fueled my decision to buy a bigger bike and do more with the sport.
  2. If you want to keep a section of the forums private, create a members only section. That way it would give non paid folks a chance to interact with paid members. I could see where club members could answer questions from new riders, arrange for riding buddies with non-members, etc. Perhaps that will help with participation on the site.
  3. If you are restricting forum posts to paid members only, change the "you are not allowed to post in the forums" message to something like "Only paid members can post in the members only forums". It would save folks from wondering why they can't post, even if they registered for the site.

Thanks for listening!

Adam
Adso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:54 PM   #7843
silverspurs
what's over there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adso View Post
Hi gang,

I see that there have been a few posts on motoidaho.com. However, when I click on them all I can see is what appears to be the first post in each, but cannot see any of the replies. I am not able to post a new reply, even though I'm logged in.

I'm assuming that not being able to read replies, or post has something to do with not being a paid member.

Suggestions for consideration (assuming I can't read replies or post because i'm not a paid member):
  1. Make the forums readable without logging in. (like advrider). I've been a long time lurker on advrider. Just reading the posts fueled my decision to buy a bigger bike and do more with the sport.
  2. If you want to keep a section of the forums private, create a members only section. That way it would give non paid folks a chance to interact with paid members. I could see where club members could answer questions from new riders, arrange for riding buddies with non-members, etc. Perhaps that will help with participation on the site.
  3. If you are restricting forum posts to paid members only, change the "you are not allowed to post in the forums" message to something like "Only paid members can post in the members only forums". It would save folks from wondering why they can't post, even if they registered for the site.

Thanks for listening!

Adam
Good to hear your concerns... the club is still working out leadership issues and details about how much membership will be, amount of challenge fees etc, and discussion is on-going about website development and/or changes... it is going to take some time to sort out all these details, but they are being worked on.

We have a 2014 challenge in the works, and should post something in the next few days about a 2013 challenge recognition event and 2014 challenge kick off.

stay tuned... I agree that it would be a good idea to be able to browse the site even if your not a current member... it may be a good way to generate interest and pull in more members and participation...

thanks rick

Old 02-22-2014, 12:18 PM   #7844
silverspurs
what's over there?

IAMC Annual Meeting and 2013 Challenge Recognition

just letting everyone know about the IAMC annual Dinner and Challenge Recognition... hope to see you there.

I hope this isn't considered spam as most folks that frequent this thread will want this information:

http://www.motoidaho.com/node/2155

Old 02-26-2014, 12:33 PM   #7845
MasterMarine
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,446
NW Utah / Raft Mountain ORV trails

Hi Boise riders.

On my next ride, I am planning to start in Jarbidge, NV then head east into Idaho and then south into Utah then back into NV and up into Jarbidge.

I am planning to ride over the Raft River Mountains in the Sawtooth National Forest in NW Utah. It appears there are some ORV trails in the area.

I am looking for a map of the trails.

Somewhere I saw a mention of a trail that goes south from Clear Creek to the ridge line of the range. I think it said it was open to motorcycles.

I am also planning to go over the Dove Creek and Grouse Creek Ranges.

Does anyone have any local knowledge about this area?
MasterMarine is offline   Reply With Quote