ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2014, 07:53 PM   #8011
FoolHardy
Still Inky

Oddometer: 542
Lynn's Shoe repair, 11th ave in Nampa. They have never actually done MX boots, but have done lots of heavy work boots and felt confident that they could get it done, even if they have to do a bit of hand stitching, since the machines would have a hard time getting to where the stitching is broken. They quoted me a price of $50 which I thought was very reasonable considering the amount of difficult stitching and short turnaround time.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go" - T.S. Elliot
FoolHardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:58 PM   #8012
silverspurs
what's over there?

Oddometer: 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolHardy View Post
Lynn's Shoe repair, 11th ave in Nampa. They have never actually done MX boots, but have done lots of heavy work boots and felt confident that they could get it done, even if they have to do a bit of hand stitching, since the machines would have a hard time getting to where the stitching is broken. They quoted me a price of $50 which I thought was very reasonable considering the amount of difficult stitching and short turnaround time.
Let us know how it turns out... never know when that might be needed...

Yamaha 1200 Super Tenere, KTM 525exc, Yamaha TW 200
silverspurs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 02:48 PM   #8013
Idahosam
Set Adrift

Oddometer: 4,110
Well, my surgery date has been moved up to June 3d ....... Hope me luck Hooligans.

So with a little luck and good Physical Therapy I should be able to get some good fall riding in...

Everyone have a great Spring/summer of MOST EXCELLENT RIDES

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
Aldous Huxley
Idahosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:41 PM   #8014
silverspurs
what's over there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahosam View Post
Well, my surgery date has been moved up to June 3d ....... Hope me luck Hooligans.

So with a little luck and good Physical Therapy I should be able to get some good fall riding in...

I'm sure your nervous about this Sam, but it can give you a new lease on a physically active life... good luck.

rick

Old 04-23-2014, 07:48 PM   #8015
FoolHardy
Still Inky

Oddometer: 542
Best of luck Sam, I'm sure you'll be back to tearing yourself up before you know it :)
Rick, I got my boots back already. They had to hand stitch it all,(the gold stitching) and it looks great. I was very happy to pay them $60 for such good customer service.
[IMG][/IMG]

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go" - T.S. Elliot
FoolHardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:00 PM   #8016
trailrider383
867-5309

Oddometer: 3,063
Quote:

You still have time for some riding before the surgery. Come along on my death march to Nevada May 2-4. Around 900 miles for the weekend.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:04 PM   #8017
WhichWayNow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
IAMC Prairie Postponed

For those interested in the IAMC Spring Prairie Ride, I've decided to reschedule the ride for Saturday May 3, one week later than originally planned.

It's just looking like it will be rainy and wet on Saturday. Hopefully most everyone that was planning to come can make it next weekend.
WhichWayNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:05 PM   #8018
WhichWayNow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Good luck Sam!

I hope it all goes well and you have a quick recovery.
WhichWayNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:32 PM   #8019
Ron in Boise
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
The part looks the same.

Quote:

Last May 17, I had a part that looks a lot like a new hip joint put in my right shoulder.

I had planned it for then because I am not a big fan of hot weather riding so I figured on recuperating in air conditioned environments.

Prior to the surgery my friend Larry and I went down to southern Utah and explored the St. George area first and then spent a week and a half doing the sandstone in the Moab area.

I followed my Dr.'s recommendations for rehab to the letter and guess what? That new shoulder joint does what is needed and doesn't hurt like the old bone on bone joint did.

Good luck; hope to meet you in the hills some day.

Ron in Boise
Ron in Boise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:40 PM   #8020
silverspurs
what's over there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolHardy View Post
Best of luck Sam, I'm sure you'll be back to tearing yourself up before you know it :)
Rick, I got my boots back already. They had to hand stitch it all,(the gold stitching) and it looks great. I was very happy to pay them $60 for such good customer service.
[IMG][/IMG]
Good to know there is someone around who can do that if needed...

Trent and I are thinking about another Sun/Mon ride this weekend to Perrine Falls, Cauldron Lynn, Mt Harrison and Kimama Butte LO... maybe even Big Southern Butte LO... interested? (lot's of Tarmac on this one...)

By the way, I took your comment regarding the KLR and Tenere being so close to doing the same kind of terrain to heart and picked up a '03' KTM 525 exc... it's plated, but needs to have the enduro stuff re-installed because the PO only used it off road... I hope to have it ready to go mid May or so... to start getting some of those more difficult challenge sites this year... whoop!!

'09' KLR 685 for sale!!

silverspurs screwed with this post 04-23-2014 at 10:50 PM
Old 04-24-2014, 05:10 AM   #8021
tvbh40a
PSUViking

Oddometer: 1,404
zactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspurs View Post
Good to know there is someone around who can do that if needed...

Trent and I are thinking about another Sun/Mon ride this weekend to Perrine Falls, Cauldron Lynn, Mt Harrison and Kimama Butte LO... maybe even Big Southern Butte LO... interested? (lot's of Tarmac on this one...)

By the way, I took your comment regarding the KLR and Tenere being so close to doing the same kind of terrain to heart and picked up a '03' KTM 525 exc... it's plated, but needs to have the enduro stuff re-installed because the PO only used it off road... I hope to have it ready to go mid May or so... to start getting some of those more difficult challenge sites this year... whoop!!

'09' KLR 685 for sale!!
Good combo. I went with 530 exc to go with the Panzer. Good fun.
tvbh40a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:29 AM   #8022
3horsepack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Quote:

Good on ya Sam. The other side won't be terrible. Physical therapy is the key. But your pretty active and will exceed the PT pretty quick. Good luck and if you need anything just give a shout.
3horsepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:29 AM   #8023
Idahosam
Set Adrift

Oddometer: 4,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrider383 View Post
You still have time for some riding before the surgery. Come along on my death march to Nevada May 2-4. Around 900 miles for the weekend.

............. "Death March"....... No! wait It's Trailrider383, yup a good spirited ride for sure Alas Ed riding of late is particularly painful for me. So, I will be awaiting a RR with lots of pictures. I know your sidekick will have your back SW.

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
Aldous Huxley
Idahosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:14 AM   #8024
dave186
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrider383 View Post
I might be game for this. Let me know some details. Picked up a new bike that might be perfect for the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dave186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:24 PM   #8025
trailrider383
867-5309

Oddometer: 3,063
Quote:
............. "Death March"....... No! wait It's Trailrider383, yup a good spirited ride for sure Alas Ed riding of late is particularly painful for me. So, I will be awaiting a RR with lots of pictures. I know your sidekick will have your back SW.
SW? Do you mean WhiskeySierra? I don't think he wants to ride a KTM500 900+ miles in a 3 day weekend.