ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2007, 02:03 PM   #121
Idahosam
Set Adrift

Oddometer: 4,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by brother dan
Well, I couldn't find the map I found last year, but I found this one.

http://www.birdsofprey.blm.gov/pdf/halverson_map.pdf

It looks like (according to this map) that the trail on the south side of the map doesn't turn into non-motorized until you get down to where your across from the pump station (where the road dead ends on the north side) I think that is still about a mile before your to wees bar petrogrlyphs. Maybe call the BLM office? They have a number where I got the map.. ---> link to page http://www.birdsofprey.blm.gov/recreation/hiking.htm

Hope that helps. There are plenty of trails on Sinker Butte (across from the dam) that can be ridden though.

Good luck guys..hate to be the bearer of bad new...

Dan (who never has weekends off)

Mr. BD I have studied the map you provided and from what I can see and as I too rode this last November, I believe we came up prior to or at the point where it becomes non-motorized; you see I remember the trail tapering off to a foot path at the point we took a left to climb out. Another issue I recall is I did not encounter any signs stating it a non-motorized restricted area.

So, all that said above, I would like to ride; however, 10 november is a not happening for me as: 1) My kid is in the Veterans Parade saturday morning (need to be there) 2) it's my B-day and 3) I'm watching the BSU game at 1PM, soooo, what about Sunday the 11th.

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
Aldous Huxley
Idahosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 02:10 PM   #122
ryanwilliamcantrell OP
Get Out and Ride!!

Oddometer: 3,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahosam
Mr. BD I have studied the map you provided and from what I can see and as I too rode this last November, I believe we came up prior to or at the point where it becomes non-motorized; you see I remember the trail tapering off to a foot path at the point we took a left to climb out. Another issue I recall is I did not encounter any signs stating it a non-motorized restricted area.

So, all that said above, I would like to ride; however, 10 november is a not happening for me as: 1) My kid is in the Veterans Parade saturday morning (need to be there) 2) it's my B-day and 3) I'm watching the BSU game at 1PM, soooo, what about Sunday the 11th.
Birthday?! Nobody told me you were turning 70?!

Sunday will work for me, as far as I know. I think Phil will want in on this one too, since that's why he got the XL.

I'll have to be on the pig, since I haven't had time to check the electrics on the XT.

ryanwilliamcantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 03:11 PM   #123
HeadingNorth
Keep On The Gas!!

Oddometer: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahosam
It's my B-day and 3) I'm watching the BSU game at 1PM, soooo, what about Sunday the 11th.
Happy Birthday you old goat!!

Over 50 rules!!
Old 11-02-2007, 03:20 PM   #124
Idahosam
Set Adrift

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwilliamcantrell
Birthday?! Nobody told me you were turning 70?!

Sunday will work for me, as far as I know. I think Phil will want in on this one too, since that's why he got the XL.

I'll have to be on the pig, since I haven't had time to check the electrics on the XT.

HA, only after riding with you my friend do I feel 70 ish for a day or two, Phil's coming along quite nicely and I do believe that XL suits him.

I was kinda thinking of riding the ICT section from BO south then heading back but this Beef trail was interesting (not difficult, except for about 100 meters or so) and closer to the house.

Aldous Huxley
Old 11-02-2007, 04:44 PM   #125
HeadingNorth
Keep On The Gas!!

RWC can take a 27 year old and turn him into a 90 year old in less than 4 hours.

Yeah I'm loving my old XL. I had a blast yesterday at Pickle Butte with RWC. I rode faster than every before but with control. (Mostly). I would like to keep a brisk yet safe pace so I can keep up with you Sam when your riding slow. I'm coming along. By next year I should be able to keep up.

I'd love to Ride like Heath but I can't take crashing like Heath.

HeadingNorth screwed with this post 11-02-2007 at 07:38 PM
HeadingNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 06:31 PM   #126
FoolHardy
Still Inky

Oddometer: 533
I had a good time eating dust at Pickle yesterday! Thanks for letting me follow you guys around. The rumors are true. Don't follow RWC for too long. He scared my bike and made it run back down the hill!

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go" - T.S. Elliot

FoolHardy screwed with this post 11-02-2007 at 09:02 PM
FoolHardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:45 PM   #127
ryanwilliamcantrell OP
Get Out and Ride!!

11/11 Ride

11:00 am

Heath is ditching me for an elk hunt.

So, that means I'm open for a ride in the Owyhee's this weekend. I'm open to whatever - single track, double, gravel... doesn't make me much difference. However, what we decide to ride will dictate which bike I bring.

If Black Mt. Rd. is still passable, that it's a great ride on a 650cc or less with protection and a good rider.

Or, we could go out Mud Flat Rd if someone wanted to go on a long ride on gravel roads... who knows where the snow line is though... my info says there's an inch on the ground as you get that far south...
Mud Flat1.5 in63 F 31 F 5730 ft12am PST 11/07

There's Christmas Mt. area out on the range...

There's still all of Rabbit and Fossil Creek to ride...

Or we could try to ride north while we still can - I over the top of Bogus last weekend and it was still clear - we could ride 8th to Bogus to Garden Valley...

Ideas??

ryanwilliamcantrell screwed with this post 11-09-2007 at 08:59 AM
Old 11-07-2007, 02:35 PM   #128
Heath
Coke-The choice of Angels

Oddometer: 715
Quote:

Heath is ditching me for an elk hunt.

Black powder and freezing temperatures are less dangerous
Old 11-07-2007, 02:48 PM   #129
Burtonridr
Wanderlost

Oddometer: 3,717
Quote:

Or we could try to ride north while we still can - I over the top of Bogus last weekend and it was still clear - we could ride 8th to Bogus to Garden Valley...

Ideas??
lol man I tried to ride up 8th and over to bogus and got up almost to the tower and couldnt get up the last 5 yards of the 30 yard incline because it was iced over in the shade. That was right after it snowed though.. I would say im definatley up for it but my xt is leaking horrendously. It needs a new crankcase cover gasket I believe. Otherwise I would go, I should probably call snake river yamaha and get them to order one in for me.... Have fun

"This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds."

Burtonridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:10 PM   #130
ryanwilliamcantrell OP
Get Out and Ride!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath
Black powder and freezing temperatures are less dangerous
True - doesn't require throttle control.

Have fun - hope you bag one.

Old 11-07-2007, 03:15 PM   #131
Idahosam
Set Adrift

Well I think Heath has the right idea But as for me, after serious consideration...BSU game Sat-party to go to sat evening+B-day=alcohol! I may be a tad slow Sunday so I'm thinking I just want to play on my KTM some-more (cause it's a blast to ride on single track), soooo, I'm just going to go play out around the gunnery range on some of the side roads I've never ridden maybe out to Initial Point. You know wander aimlessly and see if I can sweat the alcohol out.

Aldous Huxley
Old 11-07-2007, 05:40 PM   #132
cbmma1969
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 673
Garth, the DR350 owner, is unavailable this weekend, he'll be cleaning the garage after he tells his wife about the bike.
I'm up for a ride where ever. Personally though I think we should drag Sam out into the desert somplace and make him ride at some berserk pace over ungodly terrain...
Sunday works best for me I just need to be back home around 5.
The traveler is active; he goes strenuously in search of people, of adventure, or experience. The tourist is passive; he expects interesting things to happen to him. DANIEL J. BOORSTIN, attributed, Voyages of Discover
cbmma1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 05:55 PM   #133
ryanwilliamcantrell OP
Get Out and Ride!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmma1969
Garth, the DR350 owner, is unavailable this weekend, he'll be cleaning the garage after he tells his wife about the bike.
I'm up for a ride where ever. Personally though I think we should drag Sam out into the desert somplace and make him ride at some berserk pace over ungodly terrain...
Sunday works best for me I just need to be back home around 5.
Sunday works for me too.

Sam - you want some company and Pleasent Valley? If not, we can ride Rabbit Creek or Fossil Creek... there are even some unknown roads near Bogus I'd like to see...

Old 11-07-2007, 06:58 PM   #134
HeadingNorth
Keep On The Gas!!

Hey, I'd like to tag along too if that's O.K.

XL riders need love too!!
Old 11-07-2007, 07:28 PM   #135
Idahosam
Set Adrift

Quote:
Sunday works for me too.

Sam - you want some company and Pleasent Valley? If not, we can ride Rabbit Creek or Fossil Creek... there are even some unknown roads near Bogus I'd like to see...
Don't take it wrong but I staying out of the mountains right now so, what is fossil creek? is the start point at Hemingway?

Aldous Huxley