User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2014, 05:21 PM   #1
TebKLR OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 586
Redverz tent

Seriously considering one. What color do you have, and what do you like/dislike about it (color, as well as anything else). I know it's "heavy", so no need to add those comments.

Thanks!
TebKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 05:30 PM   #2
skysailor
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,338
Looked at one at the MOA rally. Really nice. Too large for me. I'm a minimalist when it comes to tents, but they are tempting.
Weight? Not an issue. The bike won't know it's there.
Lyle
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 05:48 PM   #3
Reidy008
I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer: 1,926
Long time user

I have the second generation and love it. I have no problem with the weight or the size and would recommend it highly. The company provided great customer service for me as well. Extremely well built tent.
Reidy008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:30 PM   #4
GPHusky250
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 340
I purchased the "green" version...thought it would blend in with nature a bit better than yellow.

If there's any negative about the tent...and it's not much of a negative...is it weighs about 13lbs. Now..for 13lbs you get a tent that you can move around in, stand up in, get out of the weather in, cook in, store your gear in, ride your bike in and probably something I'm not thinking about.

I just ran the COBDR with a Hubba Hubba NX because I could save 8 lbs over the Redverz. Big mistake on my part, especially when it came to the rain. Won't happen again. When you pack the Redverz on the bike, you don't even know it's there. Beginning to understand, at least for me...that packing on 50-80lbs of gear isn't really that noticeable while riding...now if you drop the bike you'll probably feel it picking it up. :)

Love the tent...love being able to stand up and put my pants on, love being able to break out my chair and cook where it's dry when it's raining out side.

I don't think you'll ever be disappointed with your choice.

GPHusky250 screwed with this post 08-10-2014 at 12:35 AM
GPHusky250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:40 AM   #5
catweasel67
Still a B.A.N

Oddometer: 7,654
Can you put the inner mesh up without the outer? That's a deal breaker for me when it comes to tents.

As is being stand-alone - ie doesn't need pegs unless there's a strong wind.

The former makes it far more comfortable in the heat whilst the latter makes it easier and quicker to erect (also less chance of losing pegs)
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -- Robert E. Howard
catweasel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:23 AM   #6
Reidy008
I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer: 1,926
Tent

It will not stand up alone. You need to use at least a few of the guide lines. The inner does not work without the outer as it is suspended by the out tent. The verstibule ends on the second version can be left open making the inner very open providing plenty of air flow. I would say from yourn post only the free standing would be an issue.
Reidy008 is offline   Reply With Quote