Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2014, 03:43 AM   #1
mag162 OP
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Larger gear sources

I wear a 3xtall, hard to find decent gear this size
Does anyone have a source for nice leather?
mag162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:06 PM   #2
Tmaximusv
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag162 View Post
I wear a 3xtall, hard to find decent gear this size
Does anyone have a source for nice leather?
I think you had us until you said leather. Lots of textile gear out there in big/tall, but I haven't seen much in the Hagrid class of leather gear.

Good luck from your (slightly) smaller comrade. (See my avatar for my body double)
Old 09-09-2014, 01:08 PM   #3
Rgconner
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 580
Vanson.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:33 PM   #4
yellowcarbon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
I also wear a 3XL Tall (54 chest & I'm 6'3" w/ a long torso), so I feel your pain. There are several options that I have found.

Vanson makes excellent leather gear and offers it in large sizes. Most of the Vanson stuff (Sportrider, Hurricane, etc.) do not fit tall people when ordering off the rack. So make sure the torso length is specified. You may have to order it custom if you want one of the technical line. I have found the Corsair & mesh jackets are much longer in the body and work for me. I really like Vanson leather jackets and it will last you a decade easily. So if you mentally spread the cost out over that time frame, it doesn't feel so expensive. A $750 jacket 'only' cost you $75 a year over a decade. I've spent more of cheap gear that wore out in a season.

First Gear & Hein Gericke used to offer tall sizes in their leather lines. I don't think they do it anymore. I don't see Hein Gericke any more, but they were one of the few that offered large sizes as well as talls. So you could try looking for a used jacket, but that is a pain in the ass.

If you are interested in non-leather gear, take a look at Motoport. I have a Kevlar mesh jacket that I am in love with. It offers the protection of leather with the air flow of mesh. They are semi-custom, so you can get the size you want. I have found the larger sizes do come up for sale used pretty regularly for 50-70% the cost of new. Which isn't common in most larger gear.
yellowcarbon is offline   Reply With Quote