User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2014, 08:45 PM   #1
thegreyman OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
It's Amazing what you can do with a GOPRO

Been using my GOPRO for over a month now. The key is the editing. Here is a little clip. IF you your own short clip. Please do share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUbLGUH3aXU
Old 09-20-2014, 09:05 PM   #2
mwood7800
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 606
That fucking sucked. Where's the happy ending. Thanks for taking up my ????
mwood7800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 07:07 AM   #3
thegreyman OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwood7800 View Post
Why did it suck? Quantify your statement. Share your own 2-3 minute video clip, would love to take a look at what the "Standard" is ;)

What do you mean by happy ending? I only know one type of happy-ending and you can't get that from YOUTUBE ;)

You seem angry- cheer up.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:28 AM   #4
divimon2000
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 588
Nice job! You're right about editing but before that you need many cameras. Guy above was just pulling ya

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
divimon2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:47 AM   #5
Maggot12
Banned

Oddometer: 3,689
Nice vid.. chest mount is a nice location. Took a sec to realize why you passed cars on the wrong side.
Maggot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:40 AM   #6
thegreyman OP
Adventurer

Thank guys! I appreciate the support. Like all of you- I love,love riding. I found that by making little vids and motovlogging- I get to prolong the "experience" a bit. I truly enjoy it.

I'm new at this ( couple weeks). First channel got deleted by youtube ( that was my bad- I explain that here below in my latest VLOG. I highly enocourage y'all to give it a shot. I mean why not? We ride anyways, might as well capture it via a GOPRO or a Camera.

The editing is tricky and there are lots of ways you go with editing. I've learned allot the past couple weeks from some seasoned editors. So if anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM me. I'll pass one what I know regarding- what I learned about computer hardware and editing software.

LATEST VIDEO/VLOG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tu6x...ature=youtu.be

Ride Safe!
Old 09-21-2014, 12:58 PM   #7
Anders-
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreyman View Post
I found that by making little vids and motovlogging- I get to prolong the "experience" a bit. I truly enjoy it.
Just remember you're still on a bike, otherwise the clip might look like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7g7uyFQF6I
Anders- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:04 PM   #8
themosjohn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
That last one was hard to watch
themosjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:22 PM   #9
450kid
XC racer

Oddometer: 273
Nice vid. Did you mess with the colors any in editing? It almost looks like HDR photography. I'm still working with the original GoPro HD Hero and a Sony camcorder for my stuff.

Here's one of my latest videos that I took some time with, before I traded my 690 Enduro in on my Stelvio.

Old 09-21-2014, 11:49 PM   #10
Rainier_runner
Epic Adventurer

Oddometer: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwood7800 View Post
Way to be a dick! Where's yours!?! Until you can show better, STFU!
Old 09-22-2014, 01:05 AM   #11
thegreyman OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450kid View Post
Nice vid. Did you mess with the colors any in editing? It almost looks like HDR photography. I'm still working with the original GoPro HD Hero and a Sony camcorder for my stuff.

Here's one of my latest videos that I took some time with, before I traded my 690 Enduro in on my Stelvio.

Nice video. Your colors look fine, actually I can tell no difference between your GOPRO HD and my Hero 3. As far as my colors, I use gopro studio for the editing. In gopro studio you have the ability to adjust the colors.We had lots of overcast that day- so I brightened and enriched the colors as much as I could- to really try to make them "pop". BTW- Stelvio is a great machine. Look forward to seeing some Stelvio vids.

thegreyman screwed with this post 09-22-2014 at 01:15 AM
thegreyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 01:20 AM   #12
thegreyman OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by themosjohn View Post
That last one was hard to watch
Yeah. Fair enough. I felt the same way. It was mostly cause I had to redo the video ( so it wasn as natural), because of my old channel getting deleted. But I hear ya, vlogging is as easy as it looks. But still great fun. The good news is- I can only go forward and improve and that's the whole point.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:04 AM   #13
themosjohn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
Greyman, i was talking about the guy running into the back of the truck being hard to watch. Mainly cause of imaging what that would feel like. I thought you did a fine job in the video of yours that i watched. I need to do some learning/playing with gopro editor cause i havent had much luck getting stuff on to youtube so far. The 3 vids i have uploaded, i have done so from my phone after using the gopro app. Took half a day to upload so i know i wasnt doing something right. Guess its time to revisit the laptop and try again
themosjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 05:22 AM   #14
thegreyman OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by themosjohn View Post
Greyman, i was talking about the guy running into the back of the truck being hard to watch. Mainly cause of imaging what that would feel like. I thought you did a fine job in the video of yours that i watched. I need to do some learning/playing with gopro editor cause i havent had much luck getting stuff on to youtube so far. The 3 vids i have uploaded, i have done so from my phone after using the gopro app. Took half a day to upload so i know i wasnt doing something right. Guess its time to revisit the laptop and try again
Ahhh ok, that makes sense. I still wasn't too happy with my last VLOG, as I said it was a REDO, and REDO's never really turn out all that good.

I've been editing like a madman the past several weeks using GOPRO STUDIO. I have lots of vids edited- just waiting to get my views and subscriber's up before I start uploading them.

That said, If you have any questions at all regarding GOPRO STUDIO, just PM me. I will be more than happy to pass on my lessons learned to you. If I can help someone not make same mistake that I did- then I am all for it.

Cheers man and ride safe.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:05 PM   #15
450kid
XC racer

Oddometer: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreyman;25124359.
In gopro studio you have the ability to adjust the colors.We had lots of overcast that day- so I brightened and enriched the colors as much as I could- to really try to make them "pop". BTW- Stelvio is a great machine. Look forward to seeing some Stelvio vids.

Oh okay! That's what I was noticing. Thanks for the comment. I put a couple of videos up from my easy ride on the Stelvio yesterday, but they're nothing too special. Just putting around the easy trail teaching my gf to ride. It is a sweet bike, though.