Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2011, 12:44 PM   #181
Karbono
Rookie GSer

Oddometer: 337
There was an article on a magazine, comparing a few different tyres. I'm putting the data on a worksheet. Can someone please check if my translations make sense?

You can find the doc here.

Karbono screwed with this post 09-12-2011 at 12:55 PM
Karbono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:58 PM   #182
Karbono
Rookie GSer

I was heart broken because of my Michelin Anakee 2s.... I thought they were so good, but those guys don't agree...

I hope someone can use these numbers. I know I will... New Continental Trail Attacks for me.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:40 PM   #183
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,195
That is a great chart, thanks ...
Which part of the data - if any was off-road ... that part is not clear to me ... after a beer or two anyway...
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:43 PM   #184
Karbono
Rookie GSer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRWooden View Post
That is a great chart, thanks ...
Which part of the data - if any was off-road ... that part is not clear to me ... after a beer or two anyway...
Glad you liked it. None of it was off road.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:09 AM   #185
MrKiwi
Ageing Enthusiast

Oddometer: 367
I have the conti trail attack on the rear and it is OK on gravel but no real grip in wet dirt/clay or in sand. Good tire though, I like it.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:28 AM   #186
Leebo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 531
Great thread, it convinced me to order a set. best price I found was jake wilson.. free shipping too
$265 for the set
2002 Kawi Prairie 650
Leebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:36 AM   #187
lhendrik
Truffle Rustler

Oddometer: 2,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leebo View Post
Great thread, it convinced me to order a set. best price I found was jake wilson.. free shipping too
$265 for the set

+1 on Jake Wilson. Best price, fast delivery, tires were nice and round :)

Ha, I just realized that I actually go my tires here at a slightly better price and service was great: http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/

lhendrik screwed with this post 03-28-2012 at 03:44 PM
lhendrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #188
marcing
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
I bought Conti Trail Attack II last year and done about 3000miles so far... I was lucky because most of time it was dry.
I would be very interested about how it is on wet road because the summer is coming what means that in UK the rain season is coming too :)
Any feedback about it before I crash ?
marcing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:37 PM   #189
Karbono
Rookie GSer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcing View Post
I bought Conti Trail Attack II last year and done about 3000miles so far... I was lucky because most of time it was dry.
I would be very interested about how it is on wet road because the summer is coming what means that in UK the rain season is coming too :)
I posted a tyre comparison on one of the tyre threads. I remember it not excelling on wet. I would send the link if I wasn't on my mobile. Look for the thread on my list of topics/posts.

It got 6/10, 1 being the best. Since its a comparison, it doesn't mean it's bad, just that it's not as good as the rest.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:40 PM   #190
Karbono
Rookie GSer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karbono View Post
I posted a tyre comparison on one of the tyre threads. I remember it not excelling on wet. I would send the link if I wasn't on my mobile. Look for the thread on my list of topics/posts.

It got 6/10, 1 being the best. Since its a comparison, it doesn't mean it's bad, just that it's not as good as the rest.
I just noticed the article is on this thread a couple of pages back. Better read the whole topic before asking for info that was already given, huh?

Sorry. I'm a bit cranky and I went to some trouble getting the info together for all the inmates that day. I don't like feeling it was wasted time.

Karbono screwed with this post 03-26-2012 at 02:41 PM
Old 03-26-2012, 12:20 PM   #191
Tsotsie
Semi-reformed Tsotsi

Oddometer: 1,672
About to mount my 3rd CTA on the rear of a 08 KLR. Front still on after 11K miles and good for more. Did several sets of Avon's, both Distanzia and Gripsters- hard rubber and not great molding - reasonable wear. Tried an Annakee - nice but wore quickly.

Love the CTA's! On black top they really give one confidence in the dry. Been good in the wet too. I never get to really wearing out a back tire - but I guess I would get 5-6k miles. I tend to ride 3-4 k mile road trips and starting on a ride like that with a 1/2 worn tire is not smart.
Tsotsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:10 AM   #192
walrond
Earth Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcing View Post

I ride in the rain all the time and usually don't change my pace too much if the roads are wet. I find that the TAs perform quite well in the wet.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #193
No False Enthusiasm
a quiet adventurer

Oddometer: 4,343
Alloy wheeled Bonnevilles are not easy to fit tires. One inmate recommended Conti Road Attack on front and Trail Attack on rear. Those have now have about 1,000 miles on them, and the ride is excellent. Some might think this combination is a bit unusual, but I recommend this combination over OEM selection.

With the Trail Attack on back, the Bonny does have a tendency now to head down rural unpaved roads...

NFE
No False Enthusiasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #194
Motzilla
Lunch-Boxer

Oddometer: 123
Tourance again

After reading this thread and many others, seems to me that will stay with Tourance once more!!! If it works, why fix it?
Motzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:30 PM   #195
ET-VT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 244
I was looking at these to make my Tiger 1050 a little more comfortable on the unavoidable dirt roads I ride on, but a full set is $133 more than a set of Pirelli Scorpion Trails (from BikeBandit.com). Is there any reason to think the Contis are that much better a tire?
ET-VT is offline   Reply With Quote