User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2011, 12:27 PM   #421
Leafster
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Akrapovic full system 1250/650

Hi all, I sold my Bandit and have just listed my exhaust system on eBay. It's a beatiful system, light and great sounding. Fits 650/1250 2007 and up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...CA:MOTORS:1123

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p.../Bike%20parts/
Leafster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:04 PM   #422
rhys
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,661
Whoa, beautiful COMPLETE exhaust!

What kind of power gains is being claimed with that system??? I have all the Dale Walker mods done, but I bought a custom OEM header with the CAT' completely cut off and then necked down to fit my slip-on pipe. My power gains resulted in virtually no difference, save for a little less torque.....
albeit with a different Dyno under different condtions.
rhys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:06 PM   #423
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhys View Post
Whoa, beautiful COMPLETE exhaust!

What kind of power gains is being claimed with that system??? I have all the Dale Walker mods done, but I bought a custom OEM header with the CAT' completely cut off and then necked down to fit my slip-on pipe. My power gains resulted in virtually no difference, save for a little less torque.....
http://www.akrapovic.com/motorcycle-...007/racing-85/

Just a few clicks after google..

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:08 PM   #424
rhys
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,661
(uuuh, how did I post a modified duplicate post???, sorry....)

Whoa, beautiful COMPLETE exhaust system!
What kind of power gains is being claimed with that system???

I have all the Dale Walker mods done, but I bought a custom OEM header with the CAT' completely cut off and then necked down to fit my slip-on pipe. My power gains resulted in virtually no difference, save for a little less torque.....
rhys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:50 AM   #425
flaadvandmtbrider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 212
1500 miles on my 2009

Well, I started this thread over 3 years ago, and I've had my '09 ABS Bandit 1250 for 3 months now. I've also owned a '97 Bandit and a '99 VFR. The VFR was a fine motorcycle and technology-wise held up very well compared to the '09 Bandit.
-VFR handles better, Bandit more comfortable.
-Bandit has more usable power that you don't have to rev for.
-Bandit needs the mirror wideners, can't believe they don't make them longer.
-Bandit has really smoothed out after 1K miles, the difference is amazing, everything just works better.
-the fit and finish on the Bandit is not quite up to par with the 10 year old VFR, but for a new bike at 7200 bucks it's hard to complain.
-the '09 Bandit is leaps and bounds better than the '97 Bandit, here in FLA the water cooling makes a big difference.
-Bandit sounds great with a pipe and the PAIR system plugged.
-Bandit headlight from the factory was pointed straight at the ground.
-do the seat mod, raising just the front, makes a big difference.
-all in all a great bike with huge potential.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:05 PM   #426
scharfg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
Crash/tip over/slide protection on '08 Bandit plus other mods?

Hi there newb here, I did a search but could not find what I was looking for so I'm posting a thread.

I just bought a new to me '08 CND Bandit (with the fairing) and with nick name like "Fall Guy" I want to do what I can (within reason) to protect my bike from a fall/crash.

I've protected my KLR, DR350/650 and Vulcan but I've never owned a ST bike before so I'm looking for advice on how to do it to a ST type bike. Do I just mount up some Twisted throttle engine guards and call it good (like my dual sport/enduro bikes) or are frame sliders enough and if yes do I buy four of them (one set for the front and one for the rear) or?

Are those $15/pair from fleaebay worthy or does one have to spend $50+ for a set?

Also what other mods are a must for the 1250 Bandit (ie; is there a web page I can go to and find out the whats and the hows)? For example are mirror extenders a must, how about the seat mod, are risers needed (I put risers on all my other bikes to improve riding comfort), hwy bars?

I will be using the bike for long distance touring (ie: 600-800 miles/day), not so much around town.

So far the bike has the following modes:

- Zuk gel seat
- hand warmers
- going to install DL650/1000 hand guards
- Vstream 19" wind screen
- Dale Walker Stage 1
- ATRE

Thanks!
scharfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:24 PM   #427
Valleyrider
I Survived The '60s

Oddometer: 1,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by scharfg View Post
Hi there newb here, I did a search but could not find what I was looking for so I'm posting a thread.

I just bought a new to me '08 CND Bandit (with the fairing) and with nick name like "Fall Guy" I want to do what I can (within reason) to protect my bike from a fall/crash.

So far the bike has the following modes:

- Zuk gel seat
- hand warmers
- going to install DL650/1000 hand guards
- Vstream 19" wind screen
- Dale Walker Stage 1
- ATRE

Thanks!
Check TWT (Two Wheeled Texans) It has a great Bandit page with lot's of what you're looking for.
http://www.twtex.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94
Dale Walker has some very nice engine guards. Google Holeshot.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48000856@N06/
Valleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #428
Ohio_Danimal
Midlife Crisis Man

Oddometer: 596
Hey Bandito's

I'm looking for a pair of bandit 1250 mirrors.
They are identical to the mirrors on my SV650, except about aninch longer stalks.
I thought that this would be a good place to ask.
Top dollar paid!

sorry to interrupt the thread

Anger is age, hell bent.
Ohio_Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #429
scharfg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleyrider View Post
Check TWT (Two Wheeled Texans) It has a great Bandit page with lot's of what you're looking for.
http://www.twtex.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94
Dale Walker has some very nice engine guards. Google Holeshot.
Hi there Valley Rider thanks so much for the tips.

I've posted some stuff as well on the TWT forum and I've got an email into Dale to see if his nerfs will fit my bike as I have the stock lower fairing on mine.

Thanks again!
scharfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:34 AM   #430
mhpr262

Oddometer: 3,370
Are there any "water buffalo" owners on here who have experienced problems with the EFI respectively mapping? I was not happy with my 1250 when I first bought it as the bike would keep very slightly surging and bucking as if I was moving the throttle while I certainly wasn't, it was unpredictable and very annoying. Throttle response was also relatively harsh.

I was able to get rid of that by having the mapping changed by a member of the German forum I'm on. That guy really knew what he was doing, got rid of all the problems and also got rid of the "flat spot" in the power curve (ca 15 hp plus). The engine also had a much smoother throttle response. I wrote a glowing review and at least twenty or thirty other members followed suit and also had nothing but good to say about the change ... until some dickhead publicly started making noises about "tax fraud" and "unregistered trade" and whatnot. That put an immediate end to the business

I was one of the only guys to meet the member personally and his first customer, so if any of you is interested in having his Bandit modded send me a PM and I'll try to convince him, it might be different with a foreign customer and he'll make an exception. I paid 125€, that would be around 160$ or so i imagine.

That modded mapping works especially well with a high-flow airfilters and exhausts.
mhpr262 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #431
The Rizz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 633
Anybody bought a 1250 lately? Curious what OTD prices are looking like these days. I'm interested in either a leftover Bandit or GSX1250f.

Sold, stolen, or totalled: 2008 Versys, 2004 525 EXC, 2009 Street Triple, 2005.5 950 Adventure, 2003 DRZ400e, 2000 DR650, 2004 KLR650, 2003 DRZ400s, 2002 DRZ400s, 2003 FZ1, 1998 VFR800, 1996 Ninja 250 race bike, 2000 TL1000R, 2000 ZR7.
The Rizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:12 AM   #432
Alton
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 293
Rode to work in the rain today. The Big B is sitting outside in the rain taking a shower.
Love my Bandit even more every time I'm out.

BTW, if you want handlebar risers, I made my own for $15. If anyone is interested I can post how.
Alton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #433
de Vaca
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rizz View Post
Anybody bought a 1250 lately? Curious what OTD prices are looking like these days. I'm interested in either a leftover Bandit or GSX1250f.
Local dealer is selling 2011 GSX 1250 FA models for $9995. I just paid $8500 for a used one with 500 miles on it. What a great bike. I like sport bikes with an upright riding position that have good mid range torque made for a tall rider. I had a Versys that met those criteria well, but I wanted something better suited for touring, The Versys had decent power, but this engine feels like a jet turbine when you open it up.
de Vaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:14 AM   #434
jwdub
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 551
My 07 Bandit is a good long distance touring bike -- solo. Just did over 1500 miles in 730, 580 and 220 mile segments. I'm using GIVI bags and a Cortec Tri-Bag for luggage with a prototype Madstad windshield mount. I also have flipped the riders pegs to gain more leg room, added the factory fairing that was an option when they first came out and use SWMOTEC mirror extenders to see past my elbows.

I haven't had any EFI issues with mine. A Speedo Healer corrected the spedo error but it understates the odometer by 5%. A Dale Walker muffler lets me hear the motor at speed without creating fatigue. For tires, I've found that the Shinko 005 Advance front paired with a Shinko 009 Raven gives good longevity and traction for a reasonable price.

Overall, the Bandit is hard to beat.

YMMV
jwdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:54 AM   #435
mminob
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
Givi bags and Top box gsx650f for sale...SOLD...

Hey guys and gals...I just got a 2008 gsx650f and dont need the givi v35 saddlebags and v46 top box all mounts and hardware ...matte black, monokey...and i here that your 1250 is a match for the mounts ...so $500 shipped is one half off of new and you can travel in style...mminob@cox.net for pics..cheers malcolm in so cal......SOLD ...SOLD...SOLD...Thanks guys...

mminob screwed with this post 05-02-2012 at 10:55 AM Reason: sold
mminob is offline   Reply With Quote