Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2007, 10:01 AM   #31
Mike Butt
Agent Provocateur

Oddometer: 55,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyQ
You have about 100 watts to spare at 5k rpms which is odd since at 5k rpm you'd be hauling the mail pretty seriously. So far no battery issues with the way I have it setup and using it.

There was a little heat on the legs when new and the O2 sensor was hooked up. Bike was running way too lean. With O2 bypassed and a little more fuel into the beast everything has leveled off to a normal amount of heat given off. The bike is E3 compliant so its a lean one from the factory. I need to ditch the muffler it weighs alot and I am sure its stopping up the engine. Just hate to go loud it sounds so sweet as it is.
Thanks man.
Adventure Rider #799
Mike Butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:47 AM   #32
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,676
Quote:
good thing they didn't

Super nice sport touring bike, with a chain.
ZOMG I love it, exactly what I would have done with it and same color too! DROOLSVILLE

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:58 AM   #33
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Quote:
Sure no problem, I'll list it all the good and bad.

* Givi windscreen (not perfect but with ear plugs its tolerable).
* Givi PLX racks with V35N side bags, fit in real nice and tight.
* Givi topcase rack with E460 topcase (not shown in pic).
* Garmin Zumo 550 GPS with RAM lock knob.
* Valentine1 radar detector with Visual alert LEDS from Marc Parnes.
* SlipStreamer radar platform handlebar mounted.
* Currently wired for Gerbing heated gear, vest & gloves.
* Power outlet mounted under seat.
* Dale Walker mirror extentions (a must have item)
* Dale Walker O2 bypass plug, re-mapped ECM with a Yosh box at +5,0,0 much better!
* Michelin Pilot Power tires (not long lasting but kick butt in the twisties).

I wanna trade my 650R for your, badly!

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
Old 11-03-2007, 10:08 AM   #34
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serp.
I have the 2003 Bandit 1200 and I love it. I bought it new in Sept. 03 for $6200 otd and it now has 65,000 trouble free miles.
65k!

According to reviews, the new 1250 is A LOT better (re torque, suspension,
fuel economy, prettymuch everything). I just hope they didn't "kill" the
reliability.

I want one.

Old 11-03-2007, 11:34 AM   #35
Serp.
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez
65k!
Well it would have a lot more but I ride my second bike most of the time to keep the mileage down on my Suzi.
Serp. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:40 AM   #36
JonnyThrice
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Theres a dealer local to me selling nex B1250 for around $7500 CAD (or 8 million USD$ )....I think $7800 for the ABS model. If theyre still priced like that next season, I'm totally going to pick one up!
JonnyThrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:19 AM   #37
westnash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,246
How wide are those bags? Lose the topbox and it will improve in looks by about 100%

I saw one post where a guy bought one and kept it only a short time before trading for a 1000 Strom. Any one know why...the Strom is a comfortable bike but is the Bandit too heavy or a poor handler?
westnash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:54 AM   #38
Groucho
Hexhead Hoon

Oddometer: 470
The 1250S does seem to pack an incredible bang over buck ratio...been checking one out at my local HondaZuki dealer.

In your opinion- how are these as (returning) n00b bikes? I'm just getting back into riding- I've some GS850 experience back in the dim and distant mid-eighties, no street riding to speak of since (some off-road).

There are other bikes I prefer from a "gut" perspective, but I can't escape the value of these bikes!

2008 BMW R1200GSA Schnellpanzerkampfmotorrad
1977 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 FB
Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:42 AM   #39
westnash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho
The 1250S does seem to pack an incredible bang over buck ratio...been checking one out at my local HondaZuki dealer.

In your opinion- how are these as (returning) n00b bikes? I'm just getting back into riding- I've some GS850 experience back in the dim and distant mid-eighties, no street riding to speak of since (some off-road).

There are other bikes I prefer from a "gut" perspective, but I can't escape the value of these bikes!
Don't overlook a 650 Strom or a SV 650 depending on your riding style....offers the most bang for buck and a good returnees bike,,,,,,you wont believe what a 650 can do.
westnash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:42 AM   #40
PassTheGravy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 757
That's way too much bike for a noob. Bad things can happen very quickly on a bike with that much torque.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:30 PM   #41
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by westnash
How wide are those bags? Lose the topbox and it will improve in looks by about 100%

I saw one post where a guy bought one and kept it only a short time before trading for a 1000 Strom. Any one know why...the Strom is a comfortable bike but is the Bandit too heavy or a poor handler?
My setup is 36" across the back out to out no wider than a Strom with Jesse bags I know I had a two Stroms with Jesse bags they were 37". Also had a Strom with Givi E360's at 42" across. The bags on my Bandit are the Givi PLX series that tuck in snug to the curve of the bike. Topcase is not on the bike unless I travel and yes you need the extra storage out on the road who cares what it looks like. Extra pair of underware is worth it. It will out handle a V-Strom like a GSXR out handles a cruiser. Bandit is not as comfortable as a V-Strom but I can live with that. One twist of the throttle and you will forget the V-Strom quickly and it will disappear in the Bandits mirror.
WERA Expert #826
RoyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:41 PM   #42
Motorcyclist
Drag a Bag!

Oddometer: 3,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyThrice
Theres a dealer local to me selling nex B1250 for around $7500 CAD (or 8 million USD$ ).
Funny guy......wait till 300 million Americans go north looking for gainful employment. You guys got a guest worker visa program yet? Eh?
Motorcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 01:12 PM   #43
Motorcyclist
Drag a Bag!

Oddometer: 3,297
Rode one Sunday

I rode a Bandit 1250 on Sunday at a breakfast ride I go to. A friend let me take hers out for a spin, and I was completely impressed. I have never looked seriously at inline 4's, because I seem to be very sensitive to the vibration they typically put out (makes my hands go to sleep quickly). The new Bandit was virtually vibration free from 0 to 100 mph, and may be fine all the way to redline but I didn't push it past the ton. The motor was superb, and abundant torque was available from idle up to any point in the rev range. Shifting was typical Suzuki, which translates to among the best in the business. The suspension was a bit harsh, but that might be related to it being set up for a 140 pound woman as opposed to a 225 pound me. The bike tracked exceptionally well, and gassing it around corners left a permanent smile on my face. The power comes on so controlled and progressively that the bike feels like it is on rails. Riding on the highway is a joy, and unless you are well into "go to jail" speeds, the engine is just loping along. She had barbacks on hers, and a recontoured seat, which wasn't uncomfortable, but just a bit awkward for my height, 6'-1".

The only thing I didn't like was the stock windshield, but that can be easily fixed once the aftermarket catches up. All in all a super package, and the Suzuki (aka - Givi) luggage looks very sharp on the bike. I could be seriously tempted, and it gives me something to think about since I all but had my heart set on a Triumph Tiger.

Well done Suzuki, and a bargain to boot!

George

Motorcyclist screwed with this post 11-05-2007 at 01:20 PM
Motorcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:31 PM   #44
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 9,968
the 1250 is one of the best looking new, mostly naked bikes I have seen in a long time.

Im not crazy about the faring/windscreen, but it's certainly not bad.

Im seriously considering one....they look really comfy and a 1250 Suzuki motor?

Fuggetabootit.
Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:00 PM   #45
Bags
recovering masshole

Oddometer: 48
Writing my congressman aboot Canadian guestworker program

Bandits are great bikes and it always seemed a little wierd to me that they're so much more popular in the UK than in the States. Too practical? Not niche enough?

Dunno...but as a former teacher now back in school I needed a bike that cost just a bit less than Roy Q's upgrades --don't get me wrong, great setup!

Anyway scored a 2001 garaged bandit 600s with 8k miles for a reasonable price and though I'd rather have the B12/1250....practical sport touring and great everyday ride (my only wheels).

T

BTW -- I "sat" a 1250.....did it feel just a bit topheavy to anyone else?