Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2014, 03:11 AM   #1
nickpl OP
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Husaberg Te250 Fe501

Hi and good morning from sunny Serbia.

I would be gratefull of some advice concerning these two bikes. I have been offered heavily discounted and new a Te250 2014 and an Fe501 2013. The price is very similar for both.

Looking to enter my first enduro later this month with more to come, so a complete novice. But also looking to use the bike for longer off road mountain trips. Weekends away. Serbia and surrounding countries are perfect for this. etc.

Currently i own a Ktm1190 which i will be keeping. Im 6ft/183cm and 207lbs/93kgs if that makes a difference.

Are there any major differences between the 2013 and 2014 Fe501.

Many thanks in advance.
Nick

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
nickpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:42 AM   #2
payser
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Kupuj 501.

X challenge

payser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:10 AM   #3
AWM
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 11,323
250 to 500 is a big jump in throttle input.

I think it comes down to talent.Ive owned 450/530,and for me,5'7" 170lbs im faster,more comfy and happier at the end of the day with a smaller less aggressive trail bike.
I wont go into 2 vs 4 stroke but when you get tired or your going big distance those big bores tend to fight you when you get tired.I stopped with the 450s in the tight stuff.The minute I get alittle tired it got hard to man handle the machine and I swear they'd try killing me.
Going to a lighter bike made everything a lot easyer for me.They don't beat the hell out ya as bad and there a lot more forgiving in the tight stuff.
So I guess im asking is there anything your 1190 wont do on any terrain that isn't singal track?
Maybe it might make more since to leave your ADV for everything but the tight stuff and a quarter liter thumper for the tuff stuff.

Everyone is different,and what works for me might not work for you.Do you have friends with either one of those bikes?Id be bumming as many rides as I could to compare.
Just say.
Don't over look a good 2 stroke.

Theres a name for people without beards,"Women".
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:16 AM   #4
reveille
Now 70% Better!

Oddometer: 568
Way late to the party so sorry. i would do a 501. I am guessing you are tall being Serbian so you may also be big and tall so the 501 would fit you better. I'm Serbian and 6'4" 220lbs and it seems I'm not alone. Good luck
reveille is offline   Reply With Quote