User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #361
Eladbern
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
1979 mercury zephyer & 1983 honda nighthawk

Loved to blow alernaters and eject moon roof down the interstate at 75 mph. And the ass was so light any moisture on the road caused it to flail wildly into doughnuts since apperantly combining 0 rear end weight with single side rear wheel drive was a good plan.

The night hawk was a complete bitch to restart if you let it sit for more than 48 hours and picked up a weird electric bug that cause a couple cylinders to go in and out at random leading to a very interesting ride. Add the that the factory shocks were essentially a hard tail and the ride was comfortable for 10's of miles and I wouldn't buy another. At least not of that year lol.

As for the Corbin seats I have one on my Transalp and my Pacific Coast and love them both. The thing is you don't break in a Corbin, they break you in. Once they do though 13 hours days in the saddle are quite enjoyable!
Eladbern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:46 PM   #362
DirtClaudeKilly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 195
70's Ford Cortina

This is an English made Ford - major POS.

I was in school and needed some reliable transportation when i bought a used Ford Cortina. Some of the breakdowns that I can remember include:

The shifter came off in my hand while shifting into second gear, i had to drive the 10 miles home in second gear
The lights stopped working late one night coming home from partying ( I was young, dumb and a tad drunk). It was interesting driving through the city streets on my way home at 2 AM while keeping an eye out for the cops.

Finally it caught on fire and I sold it to its’ next victim.

DirtClaudeKilly screwed with this post 01-20-2013 at 08:51 PM
DirtClaudeKilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #363
DonL
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
1988 iroc z

I always wanted a sports car and finally had the money so I purchased a used 1988 Black IROC Z in 1990. It had 24,000 miles on it and I thought it was in perfect condition. Little did I know, but it starting falling apart almost from the beginning. A month after I bought I blew an intake manifold gasket. I thought for sure that I had cracked the block, coolant was all over the engine bay. Then the MAF sensor, alternator, and paint all started me down a long and expensive road. I think it ate a total of 6 alternators, Two MAF sensors, two sets of tires. GM would not cover the paint. Needless to say, I don`t think I would ever purchase another car from GM.
DonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:28 AM   #364
Tim
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,356
Intercoms.

I have spent hundreds of pounds and spent many many hours trying to set up rider to passenger intercoms and have never found anything that worked to anywhere near the abilities claimed by the manufacturers.

I have tried, Sonic, Nady, Autocom and Intaride
Old 01-21-2013, 07:28 AM   #365
BMWf800gs
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 219
BMW and their bad attitude along with HORRIBLE SERVICE.
Taking a motorcycle to BMW for warrenty or repair is asking to be abused and have your motorcycle returned to you worse off than when you handed it over to them.
They seem very snobish and do not like to answer questions.
One dealer refused to fix a problem they caused. And it was obvious!
When you try to communicate with BMW Motorrad they give you the run around and will not try to help you in any way most of the time. They will not even get you to someone that can or know anything about the BMW products!
I could understand if I ask them questions about Apple products, KTM, McIntosh or some other companies product.
Suzuki DRZ 400s, KTM 300XC, BMW f800gs -when it is not broke down,waiting for BMW to fix it
BMWf800gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:35 AM   #366
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Intercoms.

I have spent hundreds of pounds and spent many many hours trying to set up rider to passenger intercoms and have never found anything that worked to anywhere near the abilities claimed by the manufacturers.

I have tried different ones along with my riding buddies with poor results. I bought a Sena last year and am impressed with it. The sound is clear and no wind noise. I use it with a passenger and bike to bike with no problem. Plus I run my radio through it.
sorebutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:36 AM   #367
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 13,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Intercoms.

SENA SMH10. Setup and use is easy peasy.
Where the fuck is the road?
Boon Booni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:12 AM   #368
sjc56
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,159
A KLR 250 I traded for, could never get it to run well and the one time I did it left me stranded no wonder the PO seemed really happy to get rid of it!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:15 AM   #369
Storm Shadow
Thread Ninja

Oddometer: 1,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDirt View Post
You poor man.
I dont even need to explain the horror of it.in shirt brought a 405 mi16 for 18000. Spent 24000 in misc repairs. In 3 years. Tried to trade no car yard in australia would acept it. I think one offered 500 bucks the rest refused. Listed it for sale for 2 of thise 3 years. Sold first person 1000 bucks or i was going tl set fire to it. What went wrong. Shorter to list what was right. Um er. The rims were nice magnesium ultra light from ferrari. The rest of the car was pretty much replaced repaired or just something wrong with it.

send on a small touch screen by a guy with fat fingers
Storm Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:57 AM   #370
ilbiker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eladbern View Post
Loved to blow alernaters and eject moon roof down the interstate at 75 mph. And the ass was so light any moisture on the road caused it to flail wildly into doughnuts since apperantly combining 0 rear end weight with single side rear wheel drive was a good plan.
!
I loved my 79 Ford Fairmont but it had the 302 and posi rear endso it was a litle light weight screamer. Fun car...
ilbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #371
bwringer
Gimpy, Yet Alacritous

Oddometer: 2,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by AviatorTroy View Post
I had anHJC CL12 and I thought it was a decent helmet. Then I got a CL14 and never again will I get another HJC. They changed the cheek pads, they changed the way the visor mounts, and it was awful. The visor popped off at least once every couple hours of riding. The cheek pads made my neck sore somehow. Just an awful redesign.

I'm in the same boat -- HJC changed the internal shapes of all their helmets, so nothing they make fits me any more. I guess everyone else has a Charlie Brown type head or something.

I've got maybe 1 more year on a pair of AC-12s (one was pretty much the last leftover in the country) and then I'm gonna have to find something else that fits.

Hoping I can find something at the moto shows next month...
"Do not crinkle your food wrappers loudly. Be considerate to others, or I will bite your torso and give you a disease."
bwringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:35 AM   #372
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorebutt View Post
I have tried different ones along with my riding buddies with poor results. I bought a Sena last year and am impressed with it. The sound is clear and no wind noise. I use it with a passenger and bike to bike with no problem. Plus I run my radio through it.
I had the same issues with intercoms, and the Sena SMH10 is definitely the ticket. Well worth the cost, and rocketmoto (here in vendors) gives the best price, just PM him.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #373
max384
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
I had the same issues with intercoms, and the Sena SMH10 is definitely the ticket. Well worth the cost, and rocketmoto (here in vendors) gives the best price, just PM him.
I REALLY wish I had gone with the Sena, not the Scala Q2. Mine is absolutely terrible. I never use it, because it just doesn't work well enough for me.

Newfoundland 2012

James Bay 2014
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:21 AM   #374
WIBO
Will it buff out?

Oddometer: 3,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zecatfish View Post

"But its a Race Engine, you have to work on them more"
That is KTM speak for its engine is a POS.

Me: I don't give a fuck what you think.
WIBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:28 AM   #375
WIBO
Will it buff out?

Oddometer: 3,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongodave View Post
Baja Designs passenger pegs for an XR650R. They don't line up parallel.
Called BD and they said that that's how they come! The right folds up under the sidecover, gouging it. For $130, they could have shaped the part so it fits and looks right.

I wasn't planning to put anyone back there, anyway. Just for emergencies (injured rider, etc.). Kept 'em.
I just bolted on a pair of those tubular BMX peg stands when I used mine infrequently....don't fold up but will do for an easy ride out.....just say'in....
Me: I don't give a fuck what you think.
WIBO is offline   Reply With Quote