Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2008, 03:32 AM   #16
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Oddometer: 29,884
I've spent a goodly amount of time over at www.z1000.net It's a pretty active forum.
Dranrab Luap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:51 AM   #17
Bald Kirk
Dances with Dirt Bikes

Oddometer: 743
I enjoyed my Z1000 trememdously.

Took it on many long trips and it always ran like a top.

I'm a little over 6' and found the seating position fairly upright - not too leaned over. I would have liked a little more leg room on long rides but you can't have it all!

Contrats on the new bike - I'm sure you are having a blast!
Old 12-12-2008, 08:20 AM   #18
Gregster OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bald Kirk
I enjoyed my Z1000 trememdously.

Took it on many long trips and it always ran like a top.

I'm a little over 6' and found the seating position fairly upright - not too leaned over. I would have liked a little more leg room on long rides but you can't have it all!

Contrats on the new bike - I'm sure you are having a blast!
Yeah, it's been a little over a year now since I bought my Z and what a great summer I had. No regrets at all - I love this bike. The only mods I've done is to purchase a set of brand new OEM mufflers off eBay for $75 to use on longer trips - the Yoshi pipes sound great, but can be a bit much for more than a day ride. I'll keep both exhaust systems and change up to the OEM ones for my Cape Breton run next summer.

Oh yeah, I also made a homemade rack for it. I am going to get some sort of a trunk (like a Givi) and maybe even some side pannier bags for it this winter.

Gregster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 08:49 AM   #19
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,726
I still drool over Z1000s... I even like the stock exhaust! I guess I'll put that on my list again for Santa this year

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 09:17 AM   #20
BobFV1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 23,806
My son Nick had a Z1000, sold it about 2 years ago when he caught "Duc Fever". He regrets selling the bike. We bought it used and had it down to the Z1000 or a Speed Triple and he wen Kawi because he couldn't handle the looks of the headlights on the Speedy (kids!).

I rode the bike quite a bit and I really liked it. The engine pulled like a four cylinder superbike - much more like my old R1 than like other bikes I have owned, but it did have more of a "torquey" feel than the R1 had - it seemed to deliver some good power in the low powerband for a 4-cylinder bike.

The seating position was interesting - I found it to be pretty darn upfright and forward. I felt more like I was sitting "in front" of the bike than "down in" the bike - sort of the opposite of my old R1150R whch made me feel like I was sitting down in the guts of the bike.

We (Nick and I) loved the black paint job (certainly more than the green - but I know a lot of "Kawi guys" like the green) and while we had toyed at first with going to an aftermarket exhaust, the stock exhaust grew on us and we were glad we kept it - very unique look, here are a few pics of that great old bike - I think it was an 03. We sold it to a guy in Baltimore so if anyone is up there you may see it running around:

BobFV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 09:33 AM   #21
northline
Something wicked

Oddometer: 90
I had an 04 in black. I had a bunch of powdercoating done,PC3usb, micron pipe and dry shot nitrous....it all worked pretty well. I should look for a pic , it was menacing ride.
northline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 08:10 PM   #22
ghostrider.y2k
ride enything but HD

Oddometer: 866
Did z750s are welcome in this thred?If yes,here is my 05 Z750

"w strone slonca..........."
ghostrider.y2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:09 AM   #23
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Oddometer: 29,884
Ghostrider, do you know a guy named Gordon from Pensacola FL. The reason I ask is that the only time I've seen a Z750S on the road, the guy was riding with a person (Gordon IIRC) that had a blue Sprint. They stayed next to us at the KOA in Tellico Plains.
Dranrab Luap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 07:50 AM   #24
Fireman1000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,307
I bought a new one on 2003. Sometimes I wish I hadn't sold it.

Did a little touring on it as well.

Fireman1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:41 PM   #25
Carlo Muro
Supercàzzola

Oddometer: 2,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregster
Oh yeah, I also made a homemade rack for it. I am going to get some sort of a trunk (like a Givi) and maybe even some side pannier bags for it this winter.

you "made" that rack? Those are some mad fab skills my friend
Old 12-20-2008, 07:09 PM   #26
ghostrider.y2k
ride enything but HD

Oddometer: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranrab Luap
Ghostrider, do you know a guy named Gordon from Pensacola FL. The reason I ask is that the only time I've seen a Z750S on the road, the guy was riding with a person (Gordon IIRC) that had a blue Sprint. They stayed next to us at the KOA in Tellico Plains.

sorry no,i don't know gordon. this picture was taken in se iowa on one of our 500+ mile day rides.sprint in the picture it belong to my friend martin,it's 06 sprint st.he just replace it with 07 abs version in the same color due to crash last fall.i rode his sprint and shortly after buy one 01 sprint st with 955 motot,rode it whole summer and trade it for 05 tiger,did i mension i love the triple motor.......blah,blah.my z 750 was put to the side for while but i still ride it.my z is great light,quick and good gas milage.i did fw trips on it with great results like 1600 miles deals gap from chicago in 3 days or 1700 mile lost in mid west trip(il,wi,ia,mo,in,mi).wether in chicago suck so riding season is short so sometimes we try to get creative

"w strone slonca..........."

ghostrider.y2k screwed with this post 12-28-2008 at 08:30 AM
ghostrider.y2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:39 AM   #27
Z0RR0
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 554
bit of a thread revival ... not many Z owners here.

Picked this puppy up tuesday, commuting has become quite a bit more fun.

Trip planning begins!
Z0RR0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:02 PM   #28
Dave37
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
The first time I saw a Z1000 I was sitting at a gas station in my cage and this guy pulled up. I was 16. That was the bike I wanted, it was white with the orange (or red?) seat. I think the stock gold pipes made it stand out. Of course I got a YZF600 instead because it was cheaper, but I still want a Z!

But now I think I'd rather the Street/Speed Triple.. lol. So many bikes so hard to choose.

'03 Aprilia Caponord
'99 Honda VFR800Fi - Sold
'00 Honda XR650R SM
My Smugmug

Dave37 screwed with this post 05-18-2009 at 08:49 PM
Dave37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:30 PM   #29
Z0RR0
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 554
I actually wanted a Speed Triple ... but I couldn't find a clean title one around. So I went with second best option, Z1000. Very happy with it so far. :)
Z0RR0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 03:34 PM   #30
optimum_malarky
Premium nonsense

Oddometer: 375
Day to Day impressions

Can some of you z1000 owners take me through the pros and cons of the bike? I've posted elsewhere, but I've noticed a few z's around lately for very reasonable prices. I keep going back and forth between a second bike with classic looks (sporty or bonnie) and strong performance (sv1000, SP3), and I think the performance bug is winning! I'd like to use the bike for commuting, cruising around town, and enjoying the twisties (no knee scraping for me yet!). The question has been asked before: what is it like living with a z1000? Why are so many stories on this thread of people who have sold their z?

Past:
2003 Suzuki SV1000 N,
2003 R1150 GS,2004 Triumph Speed Triple (wrecked), 2001 Triumph Sprint ST, 2003 Suzuki SV650, 1984 R80 ST , 1973 CB750
optimum_malarky is offline   Reply With Quote