Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2008, 10:24 PM   #1576
Cail
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Has anyone used the Scott's stabilizer mount made by Scott's? I ordered it because I wasn't 100% sure the Protec would work. 2 questions:
1) Is the Protec, I think it's the KTM 640 kit you all are using, a direct bolt on, or is there modification to the Protech parts? If it's a direct fit, I'm going that route.

2) For those that have used the Scott's kit: It sure seems like the post and pin are a little short. They say you have to have a min. of 20mm from the bottom of the pin to the plastic pin collar. I'm right there are the pin barely fits into the link arm. They say it is supposed to be centered. I moved just bought the mount kit, as I have a Scott's on my YZ. Scott's didn't send me a different link arm. Did your guy's kits come with new link arms.

I just want to make sure I have every thing right before I Tig weld this post in place.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:34 PM   #1577
Cail
Gnarly Adventurer

I have size 14 feet and the shifter was always a little too close. I didn't like the whole idea of a bolt together shifter and Fastway doesn't have a listing for footpegs for the X. So after spending 2 hours trying to get this Scott's post lined up and welded on, still did tack it in place as I think it's just not right, I started working on other things. I had just received some Moose pegs for my YZ and after taking the Fastway pegs off of it (I ran them in the low position and they were just too low with my big clodhoppers, kept basing rocks with my feet), they bolted right onto the BMW. I did have to adjust them a little with the set bolt and washers and I had to use the YZ springs. But they did bolt right on. The bars are off the bike so I could ride test it, but sitting on the bike in the garage they seem to have more room between the shifter and footpeg. They are mounted in the lowboy position.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:48 PM   #1578
Cail
Gnarly Adventurer

Alright, one last tid bit for tonight (kick me off if this has been said before, but 105+ pages is a long read).

For you guys like me with big feet try these shifters:

http://www.hammerheaddesignsinc.com/...aha-yz250.html

They have numerous extended lengths. I just ordered the +15mm one. When I get it I'll report on fit and feel.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:00 AM   #1579
Oni
Ronin

Oddometer: 1,838
I live close to Scott's. I brought my X down and they got out the calipers and rulers. I wanted a clamp on post and below the bar mount...but they said there was not enough volume to fabricate one. I didn't want a weld on post with this frame.

Scott's is a cool little shop and I try to support them and buy a lot of stuff there...but I'm getting an Emig stabilizer/triple clamp.

Uhhh...sorry. Guess I didn't help at all with your question... If you have any more mounting problems let me know and I can swing by there with my bike so they can take more measurements. Maybe the post they sent is too short?

Oni screwed with this post 07-16-2008 at 12:21 AM
Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:13 AM   #1580
Firefight911
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cail
I have size 14 feet and the shifter was always a little too close. I didn't like the whole idea of a bolt together shifter and Fastway doesn't have a listing for footpegs for the X. So after spending 2 hours trying to get this Scott's post lined up and welded on, still did tack it in place as I think it's just not right, I started working on other things. I had just received some Moose pegs for my YZ and after taking the Fastway pegs off of it (I ran them in the low position and they were just too low with my big clodhoppers, kept basing rocks with my feet), they bolted right onto the BMW. I did have to adjust them a little with the set bolt and washers and I had to use the YZ springs. But they did bolt right on. The bars are off the bike so I could ride test it, but sitting on the bike in the garage they seem to have more room between the shifter and footpeg. They are mounted in the lowboy position.
HP2 model Pivot Pegz are bolt on.

Also, I was just cruising the Touratech site and see that they have added this shift lever for the X - LINKY

Firefight911 screwed with this post 07-16-2008 at 09:17 AM
Firefight911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:09 AM   #1581
Cail
Gnarly Adventurer

I saw that on the TT site too. I didn't like the "Also can be fitted to G650 Xchallenge with the tip 3/4" below footpeg level". So I went with the hammerhead. If it doesn't work I'll put it on my YZ.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:21 PM   #1582
Cail
Gnarly Adventurer

Called Scott's today. They sent me a 50mm pin and I was supposed to get a 63mm pin. They say it's in the mail, free of charge and I should have it by Sat.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:43 PM   #1583
Agave
El Corazón

Oddometer: 167
Next weeks project!

I'm off to Frenchglen Or on Friday for 4 days of riding around the Steens. I wanted to install it before I go but I thought better of it and would rather get it dialed in closer to home. I will report back on the Wilbers later next week....

Agave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:08 PM   #1584
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,046
Interested in hearing how you like the Wilbers and how it compares to the stock air shock.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:33 PM   #1585
Cail
Gnarly Adventurer

I received the "Baja" setting Ohlins from Ventura. Unfortunately I won't have time to ride it until next week. I'll let you know how it works. I, too want to know how that wWilburs works out. I like the reservior mounted to the body. As apposed to the Ohlins on the bottom of the subframe where it is vulnerable.

Also received the Scott's pin. The 63mm was the ticket. Welding the post on tomorrow. Also, is that a high and low speed compression dampening and rebound dampening adjustable? If so this is might be a more adjustable design. The "Baja" Ohlins only has one comp. adjustment, rebound and preload.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:44 PM   #1586
kutch
That fell off where?

Oddometer: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy
Interested in hearing how you like the Wilbers and how it compares to the stock air shock.

BIG DITTO...
Old 07-24-2008, 12:27 AM   #1587
FOXedupONE
Momafox can I ride?

Oddometer: 2,539
Just got my X.
So Far just tail tidy, bark busters and Leo Vince, oh and a Hella 80/100 bulb.
Waiting on a bunch of other stuff...does touratech keep anything that people might want to buy in stock?
Attached Images

FOXedupONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:29 AM   #1588
FOXedupONE
Momafox can I ride?

Oddometer: 2,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by steyr617
I'm off to Frenchglen Or on Friday for 4 days of riding around the Steens. I wanted to install it before I go but I thought better of it and would rather get it dialed in closer to home. I will report back on the Wilbers later next week....

Sweet shock, super curious how that works out for you.
FOXedupONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:03 AM   #1589
Don't shoot me!!!
Snowflakes are cold...

Oddometer: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXedupONE
...does touratech keep anything that people might want to buy in stock?

Ehhh, no....
Don't shoot me!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:14 AM   #1590
TymeRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by steyr617
Nice setup. I have the TT tank and a Renazco blue/black seat on mine. Is that the TT steel rear subframe on your bike? How was that to install? Was it pretty much the same design as the stock aluminum frame, except in steel? Or was there additional cross-bracing, etc. I'd love to see some pics of the subframe without the Zega's on it if you have some time.
TymeRider is offline   Reply With Quote