Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2008, 08:18 AM   #1606
Jolly705
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozadvntr
Jolly,

I purchased these on recomendation and yes, they are to tight. I placed them in my battery drill and turned them down with wet and dry to achieve some clearence. The left was very tight but the right seemed to fit well.

They are a bit more expensive over here, $30 a set so I was a little cranky they fitted so poorly.
I think I am going to have to go the same route. The diameter of the bleeders don't seem to fit in the hole on the forks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy1
Too tight? Meaning the top of them is too close to the bars? I can see that being the issue, there is barely enough room to get a screwdriver in there.
Shawn please see above and poor pic posted. I think they need to be sanded down a touch. I could not get them past this point on the left fork.

Jolly705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:20 AM   #1607
gaspipe
Wandering Soul

Oddometer: 11,329
Lordy. The way you two carry on is a little amusing.

You buy an $8000+ limited production, non-mainstream bike, and complain because Marzocchi and Motion Pro aren't comparing notes assuring absolute compatibility on a part offered for $20 retail? They fit fine on three sets of 'Zoke forks I've used thus far. Sorry that you two have to make a slight adjustment on yours.

This is exactly the sort of stuff that makes people not want to post ride reports or bike build reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly705
I bought the motion pro bleeders from this post and I was wondering if anyone has them installed? I personally think they did not fit proper and were too tight. I would love some feedback. Thanks again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozadntr
Jolly,

I purchased these on recomendation and yes, they are to tight. I placed them in my battery drill and turned them down with wet and dry to achieve some clearence. The left was very tight but the right seemed to fit well.

They are a bit more expensive over here, $30 a set so I was a little cranky they fitted so poorly.

Hair of the dog....
gaspipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:26 AM   #1608
gaspipe
Wandering Soul

Jolly - I don't have the OE forks anymore - but I'm wondering if you and Mick are having the same side clearance issue (left). The X-Ch has two different caps, where regular 'Zokes have one.

Quote:
I think I am going to have to go the same route. The diameter of the bleeders don't seem to fit in the hole on the forks.

Shawn please see above and poor pic posted. I think they need to be sanded down a touch. I could not get them past this point on the left fork.

Hair of the dog....
Old 07-29-2008, 02:30 PM   #1609
Jolly705
Beastly Adventurer

Hmmmm not sure, this could be a good point. The right side might be fine. I will have to check that out tonight when I get home. If this is the case I will only have to grind one side down

Ahhh come now I went from KTM to BMW thinking it was more main stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspipe
Jolly - I don't have the OE forks anymore - but I'm wondering if you and Mick are having the same side clearance issue (left). The X-Ch has two different caps, where regular 'Zokes have one.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:59 PM   #1610
TymeRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 381
Quote:

I just installed these on my stock forks this past weekend. On my bike, the interference was between the six-side "Nut" portion of the fork cap and the larger diameter portion of the bleeder. Instead of turning/sanding down the bleeder, I chose to use my Dremel grinder to relieve a small arc in the one side of the six-sided nut portion of the cap. That allowed me to thread the bleeder all the way in until the larger diameter portion of the bleeder bottomed on the top surface of the fork cap. My caliper indicated that ideally the larger diameter should go partway down into the hole, but I choose to add a 2nd o-ring (one from the bleeder + one from the stock screw) to compensate. We'll see how that works.
TymeRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:02 PM   #1611
Jolly705
Beastly Adventurer

Can you take pics of how far down your bleeders go?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TymeRider
I just installed these on my stock forks this past weekend. On my bike, the interference was between the six-side "Nut" portion of the fork cap and the larger diameter portion of the bleeder. Instead of turning/sanding down the bleeder, I chose to use my Dremel grinder to relieve a small arc in the one side of the six-sided nut portion of the cap. That allowed me to thread the bleeder all the way in until the larger diameter portion of the bleeder bottomed on the top surface of the fork cap. My caliper indicated that ideally the larger diameter should go partway down into the hole, but I choose to add a 2nd o-ring (one from the bleeder + one from the stock screw) to compensate. We'll see how that works.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:24 PM   #1612
ozadvntr
Planning that trip, again

Oddometer: 1,169
The fit difference between the left and right is a matter of a millimetre or two. You need to skim the left and then they fit fine. I skimmed the right to get rid of the Orange so they looked the same. Yes, it is because the left cap is different. I tried it out on a couple of XC's and same issue. Right perfect, left tight and cocked to the rear.

I never considered it an issue, hence no post, just a pain in the arse to modify. I simply responded to another guy stating that there is a clearence issue with the MP Bleeders in case he thought he had a dodgy set. No problem on my part, I have had them fitted for 3 months now.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:27 PM   #1613
ozadvntr
Planning that trip, again

Oddometer: 1,169
Quote:
SteveRed said:

Shit mate.. I just posted you the f@#king side tank! Send it back unused if you fit the TT tank as i might set it up as a water tank on my bike. Can't do that with fuel in it
Steve,

Sorry mate, I was not sure if I would get the TT tank in time to fit it, I have. I did plan to do what you intimated a while ago, run both the TT and the Z.

Just looking at T pieces now to run as you suggested on the Z tank post.

I would like to give it a try? What do you think?
Old 07-29-2008, 06:17 PM   #1614
gaspipe
Wandering Soul

Well it sure seems like there is a bit of sloppage in the build of the fork caps on the version of 'Zoke that came on the XC.

We've got one dude where the hex interfered with installation, a few where one cap was an issue, and some where there was no issue at all.

For anyone wanting these, you might have to do some minor machine work, or then again, you might not.

Hair of the dog....
Old 07-29-2008, 10:35 PM   #1615
TymeRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 381
Quote:
Here are the pics....

TymeRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:47 PM   #1616
SteveRed
Adventure Mojo

Oddometer: 2,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozadvntr
Steve,

Sorry mate, I was not sure if I would get the TT tank in time to fit it, I have. I did plan to do what you intimated a while ago, run both the TT and the Z.

Just looking at T pieces now to run as you suggested on the Z tank post.

I would like to give it a try? What do you think?
No drama's mate.. I'm easy if you want to run both tanks. Was just a thought if you didn't need the X Tank. Cheers Mick

http://www.adventuremoto.com.au
Your ride.. Your adventure!
SteveRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:32 AM   #1617
Jolly705
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks for the pics.

Quote:
Here are the pics....
Old 07-31-2008, 01:33 PM   #1618
kutch
That fell off where?

Oddometer: 583
In case anyone is looking for A SET....
Old 07-31-2008, 03:09 PM   #1619
Skaife
--------------

Oddometer: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutch
In case anyone is looking for A SET....
Bummer! What are you going to replace them with?
Skaife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:42 PM   #1620
kutch
That fell off where?

Oddometer: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaife
Bummer! What are you going to replace them with?
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293892