Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2007, 03:18 PM   #271
Metteke
Beemer beat in me

Oddometer: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Kool
Metteke,

if I want to remove that spacer, I which direction should I dial the compression and rebound adjusters before I unbolt the fork caps?
I did it on the new G450X fork which is similar few weeks ago, but can't remember the setting. There were 12 of us around one one fork you see.
My guess is all the way to the end where normally you start counting to set the standard setting. I'll be at work again 2 of jan, I'll have a look in my docs then.
Metteke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 06:08 PM   #272
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
I have some good news for you X owners that want an undermount damper solution. I bought a Protect undermount for my TE610 and decided to spend an hour seing how close the fit was on my X. Here is the Protect undermount clamp for the TE610.....

The fit was very close on the X, but no cigar After breaking out the calipers and taking some measurements, I called Protect enduro concepts and spoke to the owner (Pete). He's going to tweak the software and spit out a test clamp and send it to me to see how it fits He's going to start it next week.

Anyone interested in the undermount? Maybe he would be willing to do a group buy? He also offers GPR stabilizers which gives more options.

Anyway, this is my Xmas gift to the X community
Old 12-26-2007, 07:07 PM   #273
Trailace
Dumb Ass

Oddometer: 1,150
Does anyone know the part number for the add on 12 vote socket kit.
2007 G650X Challenge
2002 R1150GS ADV
Iron Butt # 7362
Trailace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 07:17 PM   #274
PacWestGS
Life Is The Adventure!

Oddometer: 10,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft
I have some good news for you X owners that want an undermount damper solution. I bought a Protect undermount for my TE610 and decided to spend an hour seing how close the fit was on my X. Here is the Protect undermount clamp for the TE610.....

Sweet I'll keep looking in...

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. (Albert Einstein)
PacWestGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 07:41 PM   #275
JR356
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailace
Does anyone know the part number for the add on 12 vote socket kit.
Hi,

Look at Powerlet,they have a variety of socket kits/plugs and custom wiring for all your needs.The Powerlet socket/plug is the same as the BMW.

http://www.powerletproducts.com/prod...FRk0awodznb1Ww

JR356
JR356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 11:35 PM   #276
Max Kool
Xtankteam™

Oddometer: 3,227
The power socket has part no 61 34 7 694 306 and the MSRP is $34,50

Crankshaft, count me in on a Pro-tect Enduro Concepts undermount 100% definately. I can get the damper itself anywhere, and the "pole" won't be that hard either I guess. But a submount is way beyond the horizon.... My choice would be the undermount for a Scotts damper Aaron.

So yes please. PM me for further details as soon you have them.

Thanks mate, you make the Xchallenge world rock!

Max Kool screwed with this post 12-26-2007 at 11:50 PM
Max Kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 01:51 AM   #277
SteveRed
Adventure Mojo

Oddometer: 2,678
Quote:

The fit was very close on the X, but no cigar After breaking out the calipers and taking some measurements, I called Protect enduro concepts and spoke to the owner (Pete). He's going to tweak the software and spit out a test clamp and send it to me to see how it fits He's going to start it next week.

Anyone interested in the undermount? Maybe he would be willing to do a group buy? He also offers GPR stabilizers which gives more options.

Absolutely Crankshaft 100%+... It would be great if Pete made a built in riser version as the bars are too low for enduro racing!? How soon can he turn these around??

http://www.adventuremoto.com.au
Your ride.. Your adventure!
SteveRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 02:04 AM   #278
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRed
Absolutely Crankshaft 100%+... It would be great if Pete made a built in riser version as the bars are too low for enduro racing!? How soon can he turn these around??
The undermount adds an inch to bar height right out of the box, so I think its perfect for the average guy with the stock bars. I had Pastranas on the test fit and the fit was even better for tall dudes like me\

I'll give Pete a call and see if I can persuade him to roll one out sooner.

I'l keep you guys posted!
Old 12-27-2007, 02:07 AM   #279
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Quote:

Crankshaft, count me in on a Pro-tect Enduro Concepts undermount 100% definately. I can get the damper itself anywhere, and the "pole" won't be that hard either I guess. But a submount is way beyond the horizon.... My choice would be the undermount for a Scotts damper Aaron.

So yes please. PM me for further details as soon you have them.

Thanks mate, you make the Xchallenge world rock!

Yup, I've got a Scotts from my KTM, so I'm with you. I'm assuming the weld on post is the best solution with the steering lock in the way, but maybe a clamp on will work with some grinding
Old 12-27-2007, 02:12 AM   #280
SteveRed
Adventure Mojo

Oddometer: 2,678
Ye.. An inch is about perfect for me... I'm very average

http://www.adventuremoto.com.au
Your ride.. Your adventure!
SteveRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 02:15 AM   #281
Max Kool
Xtankteam™

Quote:
Yup, I've got a Scotts from my KTM, so I'm with you. I'm assuming the weld on post is the best solution with the steering lock in the way, but maybe a clamp on will work with some grinding
I'll gladly sacrifire the steering lock for a clamp on if needed. But I'm in for both.

(and what time is it where you live??? Don't you need to be asleep by now?)

And don't make them rise too high. Not everyone want his bars high up, and you can alway buy some bars with a higher rise.

PS, Cranky, do you have Paypal?
Old 12-27-2007, 03:15 AM   #282
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Quote:
I'll gladly sacrifire the steering lock for a clamp on if needed. But I'm in for both.

(and what time is it where you live??? Don't you need to be asleep by now?)

And don't make them rise too high. Not everyone want his bars high up, and you can alway buy some bars with a higher rise.

PS, Cranky, do you have Paypal?
Yes sir, I have Paypal.

I can sleep when I'm dead
Old 12-27-2007, 03:19 AM   #283
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Here's the write up off the Protect website....

Quote:
Our Under the Bar Scotts steering Damper Mount and Top Clamp are machined from Aluminum 6061-T6. This mount bolts directly to your stock OEM triple clamp, and is strongly secured with four bolts. It is precision machined to accommodate your Scotts Steering Damper, tucking it nicely under the handlebars, and out of harms way. Damper adjustability is not a problem here…feel free to make changes on the fly. This new lower mounting bracket also adds a little less than 1” to handlebar height. Elbows up everyone! Mounting your new Pro-Tect System is quite easy and all bolt on hardware is included. When purchasing a Lower Damper Mount, modifications must be made to your frame bracket tower to accommodate the new under the bar damper height. This is accomplished by simply shortening the length of the frame bracket tower. Careful measurement and a clean cut are all that is required. In addition, the damper link arm must be removed and reversed. We offer a link arm puller if you don’t already have one. Detailed step by step instructions are included. Please feel free to contact customer service if you have any further questions. *Damper is shown for display purposes only and is not included in purchase.

And the site link....
tp://www.ptenduro.com/

Pete's makes mounts for RallyPanam also, so if Charlie R is a customer, its good enough for me
Old 12-27-2007, 04:26 AM   #284
Max Kool
Xtankteam™

A little less than 1" extra height, I can live with that. I was about to buy bars with a slightly higher bend, now I don't need to anymore. This will be perfect.

Thanksalot!
Old 12-27-2007, 08:30 AM   #285
Cail
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
1 more for the submount for the Scott's. Keep us posted.