Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2011, 11:34 PM   #4396
keep it simple!
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
I will testride by the end of this week the OEM muffler from which the internals are changed (by Stephan Scheffelmeier). It 'should' sound much better, have a little more on top. From the outside it looks like 100% original.
Benefits of the OEM (for me) are: it's a reflektionmuffler (no burning wool to change) + quality of manufacturing + fits like a glove.
The extra weight is a minus.
keep it simple! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:35 AM   #4397
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by keep it simple! View Post
I will testride by the end of this week the OEM muffler from which the internals are changed (by Stephan Scheffelmeier). It 'should' sound much better, have a little more on top. From the outside it looks like 100% original.
Benefits of the OEM (for me) are: it's a reflektionmuffler (no burning wool to change) + quality of manufacturing + fits like a glove.
Had the internals changed on mine too and pretty happy with the drop in heat from the muffler and also the amount of compression braking on deceleration. Increased responsiveness also making it a lot better bike to ride. Cat is still in it too. Would be nice if it was lighter though.

xronly
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:38 AM   #4398
snooker
AttitudeIsEverything

Oddometer: 1,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddler View Post
Velcro sounds like a good idea. I smeared some silcon on the inside of the holder to improve fit, then I use a loop cut from inner tube to secure it. I use similar loops to secure the power lead to the gps (1/2 hitch on the cable), and at the other end, to the power socket.
I glued a small strip of inner tube on the inside of the bottom of the mount to prevent the looseness and rattling. I put a $10 Zagg invisibleShield screen protector on it, and I use a pair of really strong rubber O-rings from my local Ace Hardware store as a safety backup just above the display area. Something like these in general (stock photo), and my GPS is going nowhere... here is the only pic I could find:

If you want a more serious GPS 60 holder and a much more protective one, this one that Stovebolt sells seems to get good reviews.

FindMeSpot ~~~ Spotwalla Baja Trip ~~~ Neduro Did Dakar!
snooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:40 AM   #4399
Gunslinger1
GIVE'R

Oddometer: 627
Quote:
OEM muffler from which the internals are changed (by Stephan Scheffelmeier)..

CAn you guys tell me or better yet show me what you are doing to the inside of the OEM muffler? We have the tech to modify it just not sure what to do to it.........

Best Regards
Gunslinger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:22 AM   #4400
keep it simple!
Gnarly Adventurer

1. Cut
2. Changing internals
3. Weld

1 = easy
2 = ? (stefan did the trial and error...)
3 = on stephans changed muffler you cannot see that it had ever been opened up (but he's a master welder too)
Old 02-03-2011, 07:00 AM   #4401
Muddler
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 735
Any advice on where I could get this done locally (Aus)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz View Post
Had the internals changed on mine too and pretty happy with the drop in heat from the muffler and also the amount of compression braking on deceleration. Increased responsiveness also making it a lot better bike to ride. Cat is still in it too. Would be nice if it was lighter though.
Muddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:34 AM   #4402
Gunslinger1
GIVE'R

QUOTE=keep it simple!;15099004]1. Cut
2. Changing internals
3. Weld

1 = easy
3 = on stephans changed muffler you cannot see that it had ever been opened up (but he's a master welder too)[/QUOTE]

Any information on step two would be Great.............
Old 02-03-2011, 09:39 AM   #4403
jessehere
Ridin'

Oddometer: 769
Quote:
Let us know how it sounds and performs
jessehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:10 PM   #4404
lewiss66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofly1 View Post
Dirty X
Hi gofly1,
Is It possible that you shoot a little video of your GPR exhaust so we can better estimate the sound It makes?

G650 Xcountry 2007 / Beta evo 4T 2011
lewiss66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:20 PM   #4405
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddler View Post
Any advice on where I could get this done locally (Aus)?
These guys did mine and do a lot of new bikes from the Husky, KTM and Jap dealers located around them at Springwood. I know Full Throttle Husky use them to do the TE630 pipes from new.

http://www.motorcycleexhaustprofessionals.com.au/

They didn't cut my outer casing but went in through the exit pipe at the rear by cutting out the restrictor and then somehow removing more bits inside and modifying parts and welding them in. Looked a bit like making one of those ships in a bottle but works well, still has the cat in it.

xronly
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:44 PM   #4406
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger1 View Post
QUOTE=keep it simple!;15099004]1. Cut
2. Changing internals
3. Weld

1 = easy
3 = on stephans changed muffler you cannot see that it had ever been opened up (but he's a master welder too)

Any information on step two would be Great.............[/QUOTE]

Gunslinger,
Did you send your exhaust to Stefan?
I can't see sending it over seas.. Am I missing something?
Thanks,
Jeff
IBA#32778 2008 R1200GSA 2007 G650XChallenge
No man is as good as he ought to be, and few men are as bad as they seem.. (from a early 1900s post card found in Perry, Missouri..)
MizzouRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:38 AM   #4407
keep it simple!
Gnarly Adventurer

Stephan's muffler is now somewhere between Germany and Flanders. Hope I get it today so I'll have the whole weekend to test it out, and if OK to let modify by him my own OEM muffler.
I know from Stephan the cat's still in (severe German TUV rules), but eventually will ask if its possible to remove the cat (if this means more flow with the benefit of less heat).
Old 02-04-2011, 08:27 AM   #4408
Gunslinger1
GIVE'R

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildwoodMOCruiser View Post
Any information on step two would be Great.............
Gunslinger,
Did you send your exhaust to Stefan?
I can't see sending it over seas.. Am I missing something?
Thanks,
Jeff[/QUOTE]

No were are not sending over seas..........cutting and welding is not the issue........I just need to figure out what to do when I get it open.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:51 PM   #4409
keep it simple!
Gnarly Adventurer

Just got mal von Stephan. The muffler is still in Germany, in constant search of improving his products, he re-openend the muffler to do some more internal work.
So it could take 2 more weeks before I receive it (knowing he will test his own products).
Never zufrieden those Germans
Old 02-04-2011, 03:02 PM   #4410
dmcd
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamman35 View Post
My only problem is the seat height at 36 inches its 6 more than me! I have got to grips with the ejector seat efect during braking by using the rear brake more.
Can any one recommend a modification to lower the seat height that does not include changing the seat. Also is there any mounts for the scott steering damper that is available in Europe?
I had the same problem, reshaped the seat dropped the forks a bit and bought army boots with a thick sole! All together they made just enough difference.
dmcd is offline   Reply With Quote