ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2009, 05:44 PM   #19486
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey1
That right there is what is wrong with society. Sorry to hear that shit. Wow I am speechless....
Lawyers, judges and the cretins willing to use them to punish good intentions have done a lot of damage to our daily way of life, and of course everyone meant well and had lots of good intentions of their own....and we all get to pay for the circus of ridiculous litigation by not being able to buy lawn darts, hot apple pies at McD's, and we have warning labels on knives that say "caution, sharp edge".

I was telling my daughter the other day about a swimming hole we used to go to, and it dawned on me that today's youth have almost no clue what a swimming hole is, because they've all been fenced up, protected with "no tresspassing signs" and relegated to obscurity because people are terrified of the inevitable lawsuit.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:15 PM   #19487
ironbuttwannabe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah
Then his family, that wasn't concerned enough to come get him, sued me for leaving him in the "middle of nowhere" on a hot summer day, and presumably thus causing his stroke. I'm surprised their fucking lawyer didn't claim the money I gave him was extra weight he had to lug around and thus worth an extra settlement.
That is messed up. If anything they should be charged kind of like parents that let their kids in cars and the kid dies from heat stroke.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:56 PM   #19488
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset
Lawyers, judges and the cretins willing to use them to punish good intentions have done a lot of damage to our daily way of life, and of course everyone meant well and had lots of good intentions of their own....and we all get to pay for the circus of ridiculous litigation by not being able to buy lawn darts, hot apple pies at McD's, and we have warning labels on knives that say "caution, sharp edge".

I was telling my daughter the other day about a swimming hole we used to go to, and it dawned on me that today's youth have almost no clue what a swimming hole is, because they've all been fenced up, protected with "no tresspassing signs" and relegated to obscurity because people are terrified of the inevitable lawsuit.

How often do you drive through a neighborhood and see a a group of kids even out playing? It was clock work that after lunch or dinner the neighborhood will fill u with kids playing baseball, dodgeball, hide and seek. Now with computers and video games it is all gone also. I want to go back to the simpler times.
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:20 PM   #19489
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon
I hope that made you feel better.
Well, I was taking some artistic license there to express how frustrating it is to try and help someone, only to get sued / spanked. It makes you not want to help anyone else.

So yeah, okay, whatever.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:36 PM   #19490
Farnsrocket
Manos arribas!!!

Oddometer: 3,983
Duh, he was referring to you flipping everyone off on your road trip afterward, as indicated by the specific quote.

I can't leave good enough alone.
Farnsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:39 PM   #19491
Biff's R
Hill William

Oddometer: 247
I want to know what the fine will be for doing 140+. You never know it may be worth it some day. $200 and 4 points isn't all that bad.

With the right jury this guy could get off, except for the fact that he is a trooper.

Meef, If I were you I would write that family up for anything and everything I could.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #19492
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farnsrocket
Duh, he was referring to you flipping everyone off on your road trip afterward, as indicated by the specific quote.
Duh, so was Mark. He metaphoricaly flipped off all pedestrians. Perhaps a few in real life too. This was describing the anger/pain he was feeling for doing a good deed and it backfiring on him. I dig this shit. I readed that Phillip Shakespear dudes books.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:04 PM   #19493
Farnsrocket
Manos arribas!!!

Quote:
Duh, so was Mark. He metaphoricaly flipped off all pedestrians. Perhaps a few in real life too. This was describing the anger/pain he was feeling for doing a good deed and it backfiring on him. I dig this shit. I readed that Phillip Shakespear dudes books.

Whoa, that was deep!!!! I get it now!

On a side note, 11pm news says there is a twist to the speeding motorcycle cops.......updates to follow!!

Old 07-08-2009, 09:06 PM   #19494
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,164
When it's all said and done it all comes down to a serious lack of common sense in this world. I've ridden with Mark back when a stupid speeds. It wasn't down the center of town and it wasn't through a neighborhood. The punishment needs to fit the crime and circumstances.

In the mean time here's another video from Vinton County for you all to make fun of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDG-B-0IbCo
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:06 PM   #19495
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,803
Quote:
On a side note, 11pm news says there is a twist to the speeding motorcycle cops.......updates to follow!!
They're gay lovers, KNEW IT!!!!!!

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:11 PM   #19496
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,709
Quote:

I knew you'd get it.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:19 PM   #19497
Farnsrocket
Manos arribas!!!

A classic case of internet misinterpretation...........group hug everyone!!!!

Old 07-08-2009, 09:23 PM   #19498
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Quote:
A classic case of internet misinterpretation...........group hug everyone!!!!

ahhhhhhhh

Old 07-08-2009, 09:26 PM   #19499
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit
When it's all said and done it all comes down to a serious lack of common sense in this world. I've ridden with Mark back when a stupid speeds. It wasn't down the center of town and it wasn't through a neighborhood. The punishment needs to fit the crime and circumstances.

In the mean time here's another video from Vinton County for you all to make fun of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDG-B-0IbCo
I speed too at times. I ride wheelies leaving most all stops unless I visually see an officer of the law. I do alot of stupid shit, the difference is if and when I get caught I won't wine about it, I will know it was just my time.

You fuckers have gotten me to go ATGATT but I draw the line at pop a wheelies!

lol
Old 07-08-2009, 09:27 PM   #19500
Farnsrocket
Manos arribas!!!

Of course the news has yet to say anything of the bike cops yet......oh the drama!

I did find this in a Google search:

"Both men face misdemeanor speeding violations, but not citations of reckless operation or street racing. Discretion on those matters rests in the hands of the law enforcement officer who initiated the stop, according to Davis and Newark Law Director Doug Sassen."

Doesn't 147-149mph seem reckless?