ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2009, 03:39 PM   #19486
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,728
Oh, and according the local rag, he plead not-guilty when he learned the judge intended to suspend his license. They moved him to (insert my shocked face) traffic enforcement until his court drama is done with.

At least he's willing to face the music and take his punishment like a big boy.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:57 PM   #19487
Farnsrocket
Manos arribas!!!

Oddometer: 3,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset
My only beef with a Statey doing that kind of speed is that his daily fucking routine is handing out speeding tickets...it's his stock & trade. For someone who's paycheck involves crippling fines for normal people, I would have zero sympathy if he lost his job for flagrantly breaking the fundamental law he enforces....but he will likely not lose his job.

If you were a loss-prevention guy at Walmart and got nailed for shoplifting at Meijers on the weekend, they'd fire your ass in a heartbeat.

It's the reason that the comment section of the Advocate that broke this story is about 20 pages long with people venting this same disgust. I have no real problem with a guy speeding, hell I do it, but it's what he does when he's not in squid clothes that pisses me off.

I admit, I have little love for Stateys tho. Don't get me wrong, I think ex-marines who still long for parade-dress need some place to go, but I could do without their brand of enforcement and still be happy with the world.
Agreed!

Did you guys see this?

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...8.html?sid=101

I can't leave good enough alone.
Farnsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:08 PM   #19488
swingset
Got the knack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farnsrocket
\

Ick! I shop there. To think that copper might have been eyeing me through the changing room louvres while he was chubbing up!!!

I feel violated.

Meef, I think your profession is filled with miscreants.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:23 PM   #19489
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 9,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah
It was 4, 5 years ago.

There were other officers working. The town was not in danger.

The guy was walking to Mansfield. No way could I take him all the way there while on duty.

He was maybe 65, 70 years old. It was a hot day. He had no money for a taxi, no friends or family locally, and his family in Mansfield apparently didn't feel like driving down to get him, so the guy was walking home.

I took him to the next little town along US 42, Johnsville, where there is a gas station, a couple stores, and a firehouse. I gave him $5 so he could use the phone, and buy something to eat and drink.

I left him there, figuring that he was at the very least 7 miles closer to his destination; ergo 7 less miles the poor SOB had to walk.

What happens soon after I leave him? He buys a package of crackers with part of the money, keeps on walking towards Mansfield, then has a fucking stroke on the side of the road. Literally. He had a stroke.

He ended up getting his ride to Mansfield, only in an ambulance. Then his family, that wasn't concerned enough to come get him, sued me for leaving him in the "middle of nowhere" on a hot summer day, and presumably thus causing his stroke. I'm surprised their fucking lawyer didn't claim the money I gave him was extra weight he had to lug around and thus worth an extra settlement.

So, long story short, I got unpaid days off for doing right by someone.

I went to the Smoky Mountains on my FZ1 during my suspension and gave every pedestrian I saw on that trip the finger.
That right there is what is wrong with society. Sorry to hear that shit. Wow I am speechless....
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:44 PM   #19490
swingset
Got the knack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey1
That right there is what is wrong with society. Sorry to hear that shit. Wow I am speechless....
Lawyers, judges and the cretins willing to use them to punish good intentions have done a lot of damage to our daily way of life, and of course everyone meant well and had lots of good intentions of their own....and we all get to pay for the circus of ridiculous litigation by not being able to buy lawn darts, hot apple pies at McD's, and we have warning labels on knives that say "caution, sharp edge".

I was telling my daughter the other day about a swimming hole we used to go to, and it dawned on me that today's youth have almost no clue what a swimming hole is, because they've all been fenced up, protected with "no tresspassing signs" and relegated to obscurity because people are terrified of the inevitable lawsuit.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:15 PM   #19491
ironbuttwannabe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah
Then his family, that wasn't concerned enough to come get him, sued me for leaving him in the "middle of nowhere" on a hot summer day, and presumably thus causing his stroke. I'm surprised their fucking lawyer didn't claim the money I gave him was extra weight he had to lug around and thus worth an extra settlement.
That is messed up. If anything they should be charged kind of like parents that let their kids in cars and the kid dies from heat stroke.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:56 PM   #19492
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset
Lawyers, judges and the cretins willing to use them to punish good intentions have done a lot of damage to our daily way of life, and of course everyone meant well and had lots of good intentions of their own....and we all get to pay for the circus of ridiculous litigation by not being able to buy lawn darts, hot apple pies at McD's, and we have warning labels on knives that say "caution, sharp edge".

I was telling my daughter the other day about a swimming hole we used to go to, and it dawned on me that today's youth have almost no clue what a swimming hole is, because they've all been fenced up, protected with "no tresspassing signs" and relegated to obscurity because people are terrified of the inevitable lawsuit.

How often do you drive through a neighborhood and see a a group of kids even out playing? It was clock work that after lunch or dinner the neighborhood will fill u with kids playing baseball, dodgeball, hide and seek. Now with computers and video games it is all gone also. I want to go back to the simpler times.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:20 PM   #19493
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 9,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon
I hope that made you feel better.
Well, I was taking some artistic license there to express how frustrating it is to try and help someone, only to get sued / spanked. It makes you not want to help anyone else.

So yeah, okay, whatever.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:36 PM   #19494
Farnsrocket
Manos arribas!!!

Duh, he was referring to you flipping everyone off on your road trip afterward, as indicated by the specific quote.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:39 PM   #19495
Biff's R
Hill William

Oddometer: 247
I want to know what the fine will be for doing 140+. You never know it may be worth it some day. $200 and 4 points isn't all that bad.

With the right jury this guy could get off, except for the fact that he is a trooper.

Meef, If I were you I would write that family up for anything and everything I could.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:51 PM   #19496
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Quote:
Duh, he was referring to you flipping everyone off on your road trip afterward, as indicated by the specific quote.
Duh, so was Mark. He metaphoricaly flipped off all pedestrians. Perhaps a few in real life too. This was describing the anger/pain he was feeling for doing a good deed and it backfiring on him. I dig this shit. I readed that Phillip Shakespear dudes books.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:04 PM   #19497
Farnsrocket
Manos arribas!!!

Quote:
Duh, so was Mark. He metaphoricaly flipped off all pedestrians. Perhaps a few in real life too. This was describing the anger/pain he was feeling for doing a good deed and it backfiring on him. I dig this shit. I readed that Phillip Shakespear dudes books.

Whoa, that was deep!!!! I get it now!

On a side note, 11pm news says there is a twist to the speeding motorcycle cops.......updates to follow!!

Old 07-08-2009, 08:06 PM   #19498
buildit
Pumpkin Rider

Oddometer: 13,763
When it's all said and done it all comes down to a serious lack of common sense in this world. I've ridden with Mark back when a stupid speeds. It wasn't down the center of town and it wasn't through a neighborhood. The punishment needs to fit the crime and circumstances.

In the mean time here's another video from Vinton County for you all to make fun of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDG-B-0IbCo
Old 07-08-2009, 08:06 PM   #19499
swingset
Got the knack.

Quote:
On a side note, 11pm news says there is a twist to the speeding motorcycle cops.......updates to follow!!
They're gay lovers, KNEW IT!!!!!!

Old 07-08-2009, 08:11 PM   #19500
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 9,877
Quote:

I knew you'd get it.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote