ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2009, 04:42 AM   #23356
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven

Oddometer: 4,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset

My bike after Perry yesterday. Never mind the DTD in the pic, aaron can't help it.

Holy fook that sucked. (literal) faceplant. Broken mirror, busted headlight bulb, mud inside the headlight...

almost had to have a quadtard pull me out.

Sorry, no on scene pics, I haven't found a camera that will keep up with me yet.
z@ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:19 AM   #23357
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer: 23,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger
Mission accomplished. Click here.

Louisville overall was a good time. Very affordable. Room at Spring Hill Suite downtown was only $90 with an AAA rate. Would have liked to have spent more time on Bardstown, but Fourth Street Live was very suitable entertainment. My shoulder will be sore for a week from all the rabbit punches I earned doing double-takes on all the eye-candy in the area.
When did you head that way? We rode to Arkansas this weekend through Louisville there and back. Got back last night around 9pm and it was 60*

daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
dragoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:54 AM   #23358
bruceride
City Boy

Oddometer: 1,240
Quote:
Nice, like the white.

To contrast your almost sickeningly clean bike, here's what I did to mine this weekend...
I *just* washed it when I took that pic. It was covered in bugs and dirt before that Looks like you all had a fun time Sat! We were here for a blood drive all day, but did get to shoot a bunch yesterday.

Off to play with Mr. Solace this afternoon so I'll get it dirty again, promise.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:16 AM   #23359
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by z@ch
My bike after Perry yesterday. Never mind the DTD in the pic, aaron can't help it.

Holy fook that sucked. (literal) faceplant. Broken mirror, busted headlight bulb, mud inside the headlight...

almost had to have a quadtard pull me out.

Sorry, no on scene pics, I haven't found a camera that will keep up with me yet.
Yikes! We didn't have any epic wrecks, but my buddy Dale & I got stuck in the at the far north east corner of the park. I got out, Dale's bike got suctioned in like an anchor and overheated. It was taking my feet down to my knees when I tried to pull him out, I was worried we were gonna need an ATV for that but he managed to get it spinning and out of there.

We would have been hard pressed to find anyone, there were only 1 pair of quads there we saw the entire day.

swingset screwed with this post 11-16-2009 at 08:39 AM
swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:32 AM   #23360
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven

Quote:
Yikes! We didn't have any epic wrecks, but my Dale & I got stuck in the at the far north east corner of the park. I got out, Dale's bike got suctioned in like an anchor and overheated. It was taking my feet down to my knees when I tried to pull him out, I was worried we were gonna need an ATV for that but he managed to get it spinning and out of there.

We would have been hard pressed to find anyone, there were only 1 pair of quads there we saw the entire day.
Yeah, I sunk that front wheel about 90% in a soft mud quad rut on the blue trail.

boy did that SUCK.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:43 AM   #23361
XPADREX
Funslinger

Oddometer: 7,887
My riding yesterday consisted of a tactical recon of MT. Gilead to locate and extract a bottle of canola oil, two cartons of eggs, and some coffee filters.
XPADREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:44 AM   #23362
Sparky11
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceride
I *just* washed it when I took that pic. It was covered in bugs and dirt before that Looks like you all had a fun time Sat! We were here for a blood drive all day, but did get to shoot a bunch yesterday.

Off to play with Mr. Solace this afternoon so I'll get it dirty again, promise.
Bruce where are you all planning to ride, sent you a PM. If you all have not left wouldn't mind getting out of the house and going on a ride this afternoon as well.
Thanks,
Glenn
Sparky11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:51 AM   #23363
mpenner
Heavy Cruiser

Oddometer: 790
Tar Hollow

I was down in Tar Hollow on Sunday and rode some of the park roads. What else is down there? Are there some unpublished off-road trails?

I had a great time on the KLR this weekend. On Saturday, I rode every dirt road that I could find. There are some really good KLR roads up near the Wallye Road Byway. There are some roads up there that are more like a driveway (Beam Road and Stumbaugh Rd). I kept waiting for somebody to come out and yell at me to get out of their driveway.

I also rode some of the roads near Danville and Brinkhaven that I had ridden as a teenager on my Yamaha 175, when my parents owned some property up there. That was a very cool cruise down memory lane. Back in those days, the sheriff didn't seem to mind a couple of kids on unplated dirt bikes ridding the back country roads and property owners were OK with us riding the oil well and logging roads that had been abandoned.

The KLR is a really fun bike. I have ridden my cruiser many places that is was never intended to go, but it not really fun to do so. The KLR on the other hand just seems to love dirt roads.

On Sunday, I rode the cruiser and my 17 year old son rode the KLR down to the Hocking Hills and Tar Hollow. We had a great time and I think that he is about ready for a long weekend trip come Spring.

2001 KLR 650
2003 V-Strom DL1000
mpenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:54 AM   #23364
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpenner
I was down in Tar Hollow on Sunday and rode some of the park roads. What else is down there? Are there some unpublished off-road trails?

I had a great time on the KLR this weekend. On Saturday, I rode every dirt road that I could find. There are some really good KLR roads up near the Wallye Road Byway. There are some roads up there that are more like a driveway (Beam Road and Stumbaugh Rd). I kept waiting for somebody to come out and yell at me to get out of their driveway.

I also rode some of the roads near Danville and Brinkhaven that I had ridden as a teenager on my Yamaha 175, when my parents owned some property up there. That was a very cool cruise down memory lane. Back in those days, the sheriff didn't seem to mind a couple of kids on unplated dirt bikes ridding the back country roads and property owners were OK with us riding the oil well and logging roads that had been abandoned.

The KLR is a really fun bike. I have ridden my cruiser many places that is was never intended to go, but it not really fun to do so. The KLR on the other hand just seems to love dirt roads.

On Sunday, I rode the cruiser and my 17 year old son rode the KLR down to the Hocking Hills and Tar Hollow. We had a great time and I think that he is about ready for a long weekend trip come Spring.
Buildit is the one to talk to about Tar Hollow.

We rode the route from his ride down there a couple weeks ago and it was a good time. You may not be quite ready for some of the sections however as there were some nasty rocky hillclimbs.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:47 AM   #23365
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPADREX
My riding yesterday consisted of a tactical recon of MT. Gilead to locate and extract a bottle of canola oil, two cartons of eggs, and some coffee filters.
Did you try and call me yesterday? I only ask because, in typical fashion when you do call, I caught a sex case. First thing I thought of when they dispatched me was to look at my phone and see if I'd missed a call from you.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:52 AM   #23366
XPADREX
Funslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah
Did you try and call me yesterday? I only ask because, in typical fashion when you do call, I caught a sex case. First thing I thought of when they dispatched me was to look at my phone and see if I'd missed a call from you.

...or those pesky "attempted suicides".
Old 11-16-2009, 08:55 AM   #23367
XPADREX
Funslinger

Old 11-16-2009, 08:59 AM   #23368
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by z@ch
Larry is the one to talk to about Tar Hollow.
Fixed. Luke learned everything he knows about TH from Larry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpenner
Take him tagging! Meredith and I were going to take her oldest, Emily, with us yesterday but she took one step outside and turned around and went back in. Too cold, she claimed. I was actually kind of looking forward to posting a picture of the three of us and two bikes.

As far as dirt roads and such, IMO it doesn't get much better than the dirt roads in Knox, Holmes, and Coshocton counties. I have a pretty decent loop of gravel and unmaintained roads that starts in Danville and ends in Loudonville, about 80 miles, if you are interested. It includes such favorites as Turkey Ridge, Stone Quarry, Bat's Nest, some creek crossings, the unimproved portion of the Mohican Trail near Glenmont, etc. Maybe if we have a shared day off, and I fix my freaking fork seals that are leaking AGAIN on the WR, we can ride it.

You are right about Beam Road, it is great. I love the part that has deep sand, always reminds me of Michigan riding. All the roads in the hills off Wally Road are cool. Just watch out for errant deer and drunken hilldwellers in '89 Buick Centuries.

Alan just showed Tim and I a righteous road a few days ago, check it out. It's a bit technical with the leaves down, and has some major mudholes. Richland Twp 28, off of USR62. It's labeled as a dead end road but a dedicated rider can make it through. I'm gonna add it to the loop.

My Smugmug Galleries

MeefZah screwed with this post 11-16-2009 at 09:07 AM
Old 11-16-2009, 09:01 AM   #23369
Castle
Red Cloud Slept Here

Oddometer: 1,141
Old 11-16-2009, 09:02 AM   #23370
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPADREX

...or those pesky "attempted suicides".
I tell ya. Sigh. The last, most similar case I caught a few years ago, the suspect combined both. After I called him on his cell to come in for an interview, he parked his rig at a rest area in County X, got out, and ran headlong into interstate traffic, rendering him dead right there. Did you have a hand in that, too? Hell, you probably just thought about calling me on that day and all kinds of hell happened.

My Smugmug Galleries

MeefZah screwed with this post 11-16-2009 at 09:09 AM