ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2004, 06:39 PM   #241
Dingo Joe
Frick You...

Oddometer: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tod2
In case anyone is interested, there's a gun show this Saturday (March 27) in the little town of Glenmont, Ohio that's open from 9 - 3. Glenmont is on 520, southeast of Loudinville, west northwest of Killbuck, southwest of Millersburg, northeast of Danville.

Might be an interesting spot to meet. I've never been there. Should be lots of buggies.
why don't ya just abbreviate and say "gunshow 9-3 in BFE!!!. Good god man, I've lived in oh most a my life and I can say that of all the cities, i only THINK i'v heard of loudenville, but then again, i might a bee HIGH!!!
Dingo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 08:08 PM   #242
tod2
Appalachian Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo Joe
why don't ya just abbreviate and say "gunshow 9-3 in BFE!!!. Good god man, I've lived in oh most a my life and I can say that of all the cities, i only THINK i'v heard of loudenville, but then again, i might a bee HIGH!!!
Yeah, BFE would have been easier. I had to look on a map to figure out where Glenmont was. The show is in the community center. Can't be too hard to find.... Probably the only building in town other than a couple dozen churches and a post office.
tod2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 05:09 AM   #243
somecallmetim OP
Surf &/or Die

Oddometer: 1,113
Glenmont has a very low tooth to resident ratio, probably nearing 1/1 (e.g. 1 tooth per hillbilly) But 520 is a sweet road, I may swing past after I catch a nap, I had to work last night so no promises...
Old 03-28-2004, 03:30 AM   #244
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer: 22,987
Did anyone meet for pie or gun lookin'?

daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 07:23 AM   #245
tod2
Appalachian Adventurer

Black Hat One Tooth

Well, hey, I rode up to Glenmont. Highway 60 to 520. Nice roads.

The show was small but fairly busy. The local constabulary, all six of them, were working the show, showing off their sniper rifles and answering questions on the CCW. Nice fellows. Can't imagine there's a whole lot to do for them in Glenmont other than giving horses parking tickets. Lots of Amish fellows in black hats there - all buying stuff.

From Glenmont I went north and eventually ended up in Wooster where I bought lightbulbs at Lowes. Stopped at All Seasons and someone actually offered to help me! Wonders never cease.

Pretty exciting day.

Tod.
(One of my wife's friends grew up in Glenmont. She not only has ALL her teeth, but is extremely attractive. Of course she did leave town.)
Old 04-04-2004, 08:25 AM   #246
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Thumb

If anyone is interested Holt's BMW in Athens is having an open house April 17th from 10 - 4.

Cool shop if you've never been there.

It's a cool shop even if you have been there.

I'm planning being there around noon.

daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
Old 04-04-2004, 08:33 AM   #247
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon
If anyone is interested Holt's BMW in Athens is having an open house April 17th from 10 - 4.

Hmm. Noon you say. Where's the nearest food?

Save $5 when you open your own smugmug account. Use code: DeAGMxYPTdjUA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider
I've tried to talk myself into appreciating winter for what it is: a brutally cold, bleak, dark, crippling, depressing, boring, endless hole in the calendar.
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 05:04 AM   #248
bscritch
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Quote:

Just stumbled onto this thread, and I am here to let you know that I too, am from the great state of Ohio (Granville). Great to see all these "Ohioians" into the adventure touring thing. Holts BMW. Never been there but would be interested in heading down to Athens for a visit. I will be on the incredibly bright yellow GS (once I get some of the mud washed off). Does someone have the address for Holts?

Great stuff here!!
bscritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 05:44 AM   #249
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscritch
Just stumbled onto this thread, and I am here to let you know that I too, am from the great state of Ohio (Granville). Great to see all these "Ohioians" into the adventure touring thing. Holts BMW. Never been there but would be interested in heading down to Athens for a visit. I will be on the incredibly bright yellow GS (once I get some of the mud washed off). Does someone have the address for Holts?

Great stuff here!!
I don't have it here at the office but will try and post the address when I get home tonight.

Welcome BScritch!

Old 04-05-2004, 06:01 AM   #250
tod2
Appalachian Adventurer

Quote:
I will be on the incredibly bright yellow GS (once I get some of the mud washed off).
Welcome

Guess this means that I have to leave the mud on my bright yellow GS so as not to confuse anyone!

Hard to get lost in Athens....
Old 04-09-2004, 11:55 AM   #251
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Quote:

Great stuff here!!
Holt BMW address:

15530 US 50
Athens, OH

Old 04-12-2004, 05:26 AM   #252
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Quote:

bump

Old 04-12-2004, 06:05 AM   #253
bscritch
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Quote:
Holt BMW address:

15530 US 50
Athens, OH
I decided to take a ride down to Holts this Saturday ( I will be out of town this coming weekend). Decided to head down 555 for some twists and turns....watch out, tons of gravel south of 78. Anyway, arrived at Holts and what a nice bunch of folks. They were showing me their new 1200GS that they just got. Wow, I believe I am offically hooked on the new GS. Thanks for turning me onto this dealer.
bscritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 06:11 AM   #254
Rider
Moderator Emeritus

Oddometer: 2,669
I'm planning on being at Holt's around noon on Saturday, barring unforseen circumstances.
Old 04-12-2004, 06:51 AM   #255
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Quote:
I decided to take a ride down to Holts this Saturday ( I will be out of town this coming weekend). Decided to head down 555 for some twists and turns....watch out, tons of gravel south of 78. Anyway, arrived at Holts and what a nice bunch of folks. They were showing me their new 1200GS that they just got. Wow, I believe I am offically hooked on the new GS. Thanks for turning me onto this dealer.
Their salesman Marvin used to be the Mick Jagger look a like but now he is starting to look more like Keith Richards

They are some good folks though. Sorry we won't meet this weekend. Looks like I'll have to listen to Rider's tired old jokes