ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2010, 02:08 PM   #30886
mic_detonator
ride

Oddometer: 794
Panaman it is a 1999 i have just replaced the back tire/tube and it has had the oil changed religiously matter of fact i will be doing that here probably tonight. Added a dualsport kit, speedo, frame guards and the metal hose guards and over the years i have had new fork seals, rear bearings, chain sprockets, top end brakes fully rebuilt and if he is really interested i would include the acerbis big tank to go with it.
mic_detonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:51 PM   #30887
mynamewasmud
Hillbilly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,306
I have this on hold, still a toss up between this and the Strom. I almost brought it home having everything approved, but told them I will decide when I return since I only have today at home before leaving for Wyoming. Thanks for all the congrats, see YFF's in a week.
mynamewasmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:06 PM   #30888
XPADREX
Funslinger

Oddometer: 7,891
That's a great bike- doesn't have arm-pulling torque, but does have great balance in a tight little package.

Congratulations on all of your recent good tidings!
Old 09-20-2010, 04:08 PM   #30889
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynamewasmud
I have this on hold, still a toss up between this and the Strom. I almost brought it home having everything approved, but told them I will decide when I return since I only have today at home before leaving for Wyoming. Thanks for all the congrats, see YFF's in a week.
The Deauville? Did you get to ride it yet? I've heard nothing but great about the bike's handling and feel, but I had a hard time reconciling a 5-speed box and 64bhp for a bike that big.

I looked at one at Mid Ohio, felt really nice sitting on it but I didn't get to ride it...so I might be wrong about how it really goes. It's priced right tho.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:27 PM   #30890
mynamewasmud
Hillbilly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset
The Deauville? Did you get to ride it yet? I've heard nothing but great about the bike's handling and feel, but I had a hard time reconciling a 5-speed box and 64bhp for a bike that big.

I looked at one at Mid Ohio, felt really nice sitting on it but I didn't get to ride it...so I might be wrong about how it really goes. It's priced right tho.
I did not ride it yet, I have heard much of the same about the hp and was wondering about cruising speed/rpm. It is supposed to get 57mpg which I thought was pretty damn good for it's size. I figure I have a week to think it over, 10,400 out the door seems a tad high but I will get some more research done before I sign for it.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:29 PM   #30891
mynamewasmud
Hillbilly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPADREX
That's a great bike- doesn't have arm-pulling torque, but does have great balance in a tight little package.

Congratulations on all of your recent good tidings!
Thanks, we will be having a BBQ/Beer get together shortly after we return, all will be welcome.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:39 PM   #30892
swingset
Got the knack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynamewasmud
I did not ride it yet, I have heard much of the same about the hp and was wondering about cruising speed/rpm. It is supposed to get 57mpg which I thought was pretty damn good for it's size. I figure I have a week to think it over, 10,400 out the door seems a tad high but I will get some more research done before I sign for it.
I've heard the 700's are being discounted pretty heavily, so I'd definitely shop around.

Old 09-20-2010, 05:43 PM   #30893
mynamewasmud
Hillbilly Adventurer

Quote:
I've heard the 700's are being discounted pretty heavily, so I'd definitely shop around.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:20 PM   #30894
jgunsett
Goin' Coastal

Oddometer: 506
Quote:

The dealer in my hometown (Honda of Van Wert 419-238-1776) has been sitting on one of those all Summer. If he still has it, he'd probably be willing to deal. I've bought a lot of bikes from them in the past, and they're a great shop to work with. Ask for Harvey, and tell him that you heard about it from me. Happy shopping.

"Life's Short - Turn Up the Bass!"
jgunsett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:24 PM   #30895
swingset
Got the knack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgunsett
The dealer in my hometown (Honda of Van Wert 419-238-1776) has been sitting on one of those all Summer. If he still has it, he'd probably be willing to deal. I've bought a lot of bikes from them in the past, and they're a great shop to work with. Ask for Harvey, and tell him that you heard about it from me. Happy shopping.
Mid Ohio still has the same one I sat on, so I'd bet they might be motivated too.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:13 PM   #30896
Bueller
Cashin?

Oddometer: 17,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by dox
As was mentioned earlier in the thread, there were tornado touchdowns in Athens area on Thursday night... but what seems to not be getting as much attention is that just about the entire town of Reedsville, OH got demolished.

This is about 11 miles from my house, as the crow flies.

I've got a ton of stuff to do, but I'm going to try to get over there with the camera on the KLR soon.
Holy shit that area got destroyed. Is there anything set up to help these people? I can't do physical work and such, but if there is a way to donate and ensure that it goes to those people I'd like to know. It is quite obvious some of them lost just about everything they own and certainly couldn't afford to lose it.

"bueller, you ARE an island of reason in a sea of bullshit" - quasigentrified
Bueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:19 PM   #30897
dox
How much for the ape?

Oddometer: 2,647
Took the camera out in the tank bag of the KLR tonight and dodged work crews and emergency response teams to get a closer look at the Reedsville tornado damage...

The Plains / Athens had a funnel touchdown also, but doesn't appear to be as interesting from what I could see from the highway, also it was a little more heavily patrolled with police and decided to avoid any hassles.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:28 PM   #30898
dox
How much for the ape?

Oddometer: 2,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bueller
Holy shit that area got destroyed. Is there anything set up to help these people? I can't do physical work and such, but if there is a way to donate and ensure that it goes to those people I'd like to know. It is quite obvious some of them lost just about everything they own and certainly couldn't afford to lose it.
I rode around and waved at folks, spoke to a few... they were in surprisingly good spirits, surprisingly.

Spotted a fella's toolbox with the latch ripped off, box mangled and tools strewn everywhere... about 200 yards from his garage

I stopped at the Reedsville church where they are doing the vast majority of receiving donations, distributing them, etc. Asked the coordinator if they needed anything specific, and he said the kids and parents need gatorade...

Going to try to buy a bunch of gatorade tomorrow and drop it off on the way home from work. I'll buy some extra on your behalf.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:44 PM   #30899
Bueller
Cashin?

Oddometer: 17,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by dox
I rode around and waved at folks, spoke to a few... they were in surprisingly good spirits, surprisingly.

Spotted a fella's toolbox with the latch ripped off, box mangled and tools strewn everywhere... about 200 yards from his garage

I stopped at the Reedsville church where they are doing the vast majority of receiving donations, distributing them, etc. Asked the coordinator if they needed anything specific, and he said the kids and parents need gatorade...

Going to try to buy a bunch of gatorade tomorrow and drop it off on the way home from work. I'll buy some extra on your behalf.
Send me your paypal address. Thanks!

"bueller, you ARE an island of reason in a sea of bullshit" - quasigentrified
Bueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:11 PM   #30900
mchester
Honda Cult Member

Oddometer: 1,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah
Where are you, mgorman?

Mic_detonator, if you reaaaaallllly wanted to buy it I'd include a bike in the deal. I haven't listed it yet but I'd expect real close to $100k.

4 bedroom, 1 bath, 2.5 car detached garage, new kitchen and bath....

New job is near Cambridge
Is it in Senecaville or Buffalo by chance?

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice" Rush

2004 XR650L & 2003 ST1300
mchester is offline   Reply With Quote