ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2010, 05:15 PM   #31591
jgunsett
Goin' Coastal

Oddometer: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2P
I'd like to make the Halloween Ride, never been to WNF. I'll watch for more details.
While I'm thinking of it do you have to have a permit/pass to ride there.? If you have a plate or orv sticker do you get a free pass?
You still have to buy a pass, even if you have a licensed bike, or an ORV sticker. I think the 1 day pass is about $12. The season pass was $45.

"Life's Short - Turn Up the Bass!"
jgunsett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:19 PM   #31592
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgunsett
You still have to buy a pass, even if you have a licensed bike, or an ORV sticker. I think the 1 day pass is about $12. The season pass was $45.
Yup, your plate will bypass the need for an ORV sticker, but you still need a day-pass. You can get them locally the day-of, no problem.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:27 PM   #31593
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 13,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset
Yup, your plate will bypass the need for an ORV sticker, but you still need a day-pass. You can get them locally the day-of, no problem.
Stickers, stickers????? We don't need no stinkin stickers.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:48 PM   #31594
Anonawesome
Scenic Rider

Oddometer: 1,113
Float needles came in the mail today. I couldn't wait, so I took a cold, wet, rainy test drive and there's no leaks! It did bog down once, but I could have been out of gas. I guess I'll have to do much more extensive "testing" tomorrow
Anonawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:53 PM   #31595
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 9,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonawesome
Float needles came in the mail today. I couldn't wait, so I took a cold, wet, rainy test drive and there's no leaks! It did bog down once, but I could have been out of gas. I guess I'll have to do much more extensive "testing" tomorrow
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:26 PM   #31596
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgunsett
1 question I have that I have been unable to get a solid answer on is; if you have a National Parks pass, does that enable you to ride WNF for free? The parks pass clearly states it grants admission and use rights to any public lands administered by the USFS, NPS, and a few other agencies. Wayne is run by the USFS.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:29 PM   #31597
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 9,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah
1 question I have that I have been unable to get a solid answer on is; if you have a National Parks pass, does that enable you to ride WNF for free? The parks pass clearly states it grants admission and use rights to any public lands administered by the USFS, NPS, and a few other agencies. Wayne is run by the USFS.

Just go. What happens if they say no? Screw those rent-a-cops and their $13.

Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:40 PM   #31598
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Quote:
When I researched that question I came to a firm "no" since the NP pass is for entry to certain west coast parks, not east coast. The permit is not good for all parks out west either, like crazy horse monument. Plus it is an entry pass not a permit like the WNF trail sticker. Now what is stupid is that a year long pass for WNF does not allow you to also ride national ORV parks in surrounding states.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:56 PM   #31599
B-Mac
Aged Beef

Oddometer: 547
Quote:

I went to Federal Regulation Pass program on the Wayne NF and I read it as they want one to be a Park Pass and one is a Trail Permit, It's mo money, mo money.

This pass does not cover nor provide a discount for any other fees charged on the WNF.

http://www.fs.usda.gov
Old 10-18-2010, 06:59 PM   #31600
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,755
Quote:
Agree with Buildit, I'm 99% sure it's a no-go. The pass for Wayne is ORV-specific, the NP pass is entry to the park systems.

You can ask them here:
http://www.fs.fed.us/contactus/

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:22 PM   #31601
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,905
Swing is more than 99% sure, a trail permit for Wayne will not work in any other National Forest. I tried to see if an WNF permit would work at ANF (Allegheny). Unless you are talking about something other than trail access.

Depending on the time, I could be in for Halloween. I think Miguez is looking to ride that day also.

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:19 PM   #31602
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman
Swing is more than 99% sure, a trail permit for Wayne will not work in any other National Forest. I tried to see if an WNF permit would work at ANF (Allegheny). Unless you are talking about something other than trail access.

Depending on the time, I could be in for Halloween. I think Miguez is looking to ride that day also.
I've seen several AMA articles about the possibility of Michigan allowing state ORV passes to be accepted in both states but never Federal. So have you tried to do ANF with a WNF permit? Let us know what they say.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:57 PM   #31603
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Mac
I went to Federal Regulation Pass program on the Wayne NF and I read it as they want one to be a Park Pass and one is a Trail Permit, It's mo money, mo money.

This pass does not cover nor provide a discount for any other fees charged on the WNF.

http://www.fs.usda.gov
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit
When I researched that question I came to a firm "no" since the NP pass is for entry to certain west coast parks, not east coast. The permit is not good for all parks out west either, like crazy horse monument. Plus it is an entry pass not a permit like the WNF trail sticker. Now what is stupid is that a year long pass for WNF does not allow you to also ride national ORV parks in surrounding states.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit
I've seen several AMA articles about the possibility of Michigan allowing state ORV passes to be accepted in both states but never Federal. So have you tried to do ANF with a WNF permit? Let us know what they say.
A good number of national forests are free. All of those in Michigan are free, no trail fees to the feds, only the $16.25 / yr Michigan ORV. I thought Allegeheny was free, too, but I never have ridden there so I can't say for sure. The National Parks pass covers entry to 4 federal agencies' lands including Forest Service lands, and it does cover east coast national parks - Skyline Drive, as an example, is free with the pass.

Crazy Horse is privately owned, not a national monument.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:41 PM   #31604
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Quote:
Crazy Horse is privately owned, not a national monument.
But the pass doesn't get you into Rushmore either. If I remember $8 parking fee. Was it still $8/bike when you visited?

As for Wayne, I've ridden it and no I didn't get a pass. I'm a bad, bad man.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:57 PM   #31605
mic_detonator
ride

Oddometer: 793
rasthomas good meeting you today thank you for your support.

Meef i will be procuring 2002-fz1 i hear you have experience.
I will be looking for the proper after market mod advise from my local interwebs and trying like hell to just get it stored for the winter. Getting to be that there time Cant do too much playing this year. Almost got all my klx parts sold, that is helping fund this machine.
mic_detonator is offline   Reply With Quote