ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2010, 12:25 PM   #32716
invisible monster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset
Interestingly, both Enfield and BSA manufactured guns & motorcycles. (BSA is short for Birmingham Small Arms). Quite a few of the British motorcycle companies produced armament and machinery for WWII and beyond.

And yes, I'd like a Royal Enfield, please.

Speaking of bikes, got out and rode backroads today, did about 175 miles of dirt and some light trails...and I think my riding is done for a bit. Took a spill on a little hill climb and possibly broke my left hand. I can't close my thumb at all, it's really swollen and my first two fingers won't move either. Had a hell of a time pulling the clutch.

I'm off to the Urgent Care for an X-ray. It was a nice ride till that.

That sucks. The fact that you can't move the thumb and fingers sounds like you have a fracture. Let's hope for the best though.
invisible monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:59 PM   #32717
steingar
higher life form

Oddometer: 433
Now that's bitchable

Quote:
Speaking of bikes, got out and rode backroads today, did about 175 miles of dirt and some light trails...and I think my riding is done for a bit. Took a spill on a little hill climb and possibly broke my left hand. I can't close my thumb at all, it's really swollen and my first two fingers won't move either. Had a hell of a time pulling the clutch.

At least according to me. I hope it isn't too bad. You should be more careful.
steingar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:11 PM   #32718
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,401
Quote:
Interestingly, both Enfield and BSA manufactured guns & motorcycles. (BSA is short for Birmingham Small Arms). Quite a few of the British motorcycle companies produced armament and machinery for WWII and beyond.

And yes, I'd like a Royal Enfield, please.

TTR or V-Strom?

Bummer. Pisser... Bisser.

Meredith is out riding right now. Without me. WTF, over? She just sent me a text saying: "It's windy". No shit!

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:49 PM   #32719
panaman
Internet Shopper

Oddometer: 571
Quote:

damn dude, that sucks.... coming from personal experience, it sounds broken.
Stop at the liquor store on your way home from the Ugent Care.
Tomorrow you will get your cast.

Here is mine from a couple years ago, I didn't own a yamaha then, Me and my buddy swapped bikes, he was riding my RM250 and I was on his YZ250.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:55 PM   #32720
QUICKDRAW
Bug Murderer

Oddometer: 1,154
Ohioroadrat went in for knee replacement surgery this morning. He wasn't sure if they were going to go through with it on schedule until after some tests were ran and the results came back. He didn't want me waiting on the test results, but I just got the word he is in surgery. I'll post up how to get hold of him once he is in a room. He should be in the hospital for three days or so.

-S
QUICKDRAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:00 PM   #32721
steingar
higher life form

Oddometer: 433
Yeesh. What is it with everybody busted up and in hospital?
steingar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:23 PM   #32722
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,759
Well, I dodged a bullet...no broken bones. Nice dislocation tho but luckily popped back in (followed by tears, screaming, more tears), lots of swelling and pain, doctor wanted to cast it up but said if I could keep from assaulting my hand I'd be ok. I asked him how long till my hand and I could be intimate again, he said "Baby steps".

Good luck healing Larry, btw!

Meef, I was on the TTR....the hill I was going up was the on the north side of Girl Scout Road bridge (the steep rocky one). Made it all the way up and blipped over a downed log and fell over. Innocent drop but my hand got caught in the lever.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:42 PM   #32723
QUICKDRAW
Bug Murderer

Oddometer: 1,154
Quote:
Good luck healing Larry, btw!
Just a bit late on that Craig... Just got word that Larry is out of surgery. However, once they cut him open, they found an infection in his bone. They put him back together without the new knee, and immobilized his leg for six weeks. Hopefully they will reschedule the surgery directly after that six week period.

-S
QUICKDRAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:59 PM   #32724
swingset
Got the knack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKDRAW
Just a bit late on that Craig... Just got word that Larry is out of surgery. However, once they cut him open, they found an infection in his bone. They put him back together without the new knee, and immobilized his leg for six weeks. Hopefully they will reschedule the surgery directly after that six week period.

-S
Bummer, that's got to be deflating. Well, speedy healing down the road then Larry!

Old 11-22-2010, 03:24 PM   #32725
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

Oddometer: 4,321
swing

"Speaking of bikes, got out and rode backroads today, did about 175 miles of dirt and some light trails...and I think my riding is done for a bit. Took a spill on a little hill climb and possibly broke my left hand. I can't close my thumb at all, it's really swollen and my first two fingers won't move either. Had a hell of a time pulling the clutch."

At least you didn't fall in a mud puddle this time.

Still Riff Raff
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:30 PM   #32726
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 13,982
Wow, that sucks for Larry. I know how much pain he was in and how bad he wanted to get this surgery done and get on with things. Not sure how often he will be able to get online but tell him how sorry I am to hear this. Maybe I'll stop by sometime with some Gyros.

Swing, stop trying to be a copy cat. Just because all us cool kids are on injured reserve, doesn't mean you have to do it too.

I was at the IP today after my Dr visit to get a filter for the strom, fork socks for the KTM, a new tank bag for the KLR ( old one was tropping tools out the side ) and another Battery Tender Jr ($30). Yep, it'll be that time of year soon when two weeks without riding will mean the battery is dead.
2006 KLR650
2001 YX426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:31 PM   #32727
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

Oddometer: 4,321
curry anyone?

Actually, my wife is from Thailand and whippin' up some curry for dinner right now. This Enfield based Six Days from McDeeb in Italy just looks smack. 20 grand.

Still Riff Raff
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:37 PM   #32728
B-Mac
Aged Beef

Oddometer: 573
Home made work stand

I built a work stand for the dirt bike today out of old ramp and wood laying around.

Old 11-22-2010, 03:44 PM   #32729
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 13,982
So, when are you buying a KLR?

Looks good.
2006 KLR650
2001 YX426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:06 PM   #32730
swingset
Got the knack.

I visit Brian a couple times, and he's full blown cheap!

Man after my own heart.

BTW, these pain pills rawk!! My hand feels good. Still looks like a fat ping pong paddle, but it's not bothering me for the first time in 6 hours. Actually, it felt about twice as good once he put the bone back in the right place.

Thinking it will be not too bad. (crosses fingers....on my good hand)