ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2011, 05:45 PM   #34261
S2P
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 647
I have a 1911 series 70 ,but I was looking for a DA/SA setup so I don't have to carry with the hammer back.I don't like the Glocks handle geometry,I had no problems with performance just uncomfortable for me to shoot. I thought about the M&P,but most of the guys I have talked with,feel the FN is a better weapon. I waited until they released the tactical,but it wasn't what I thought and don't need the barrel ext.and a nylon bag for another $400. I haven't read anything bad about the FNP,just haven't got to shoot one.

WR 426
TTR 125
S2P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:18 PM   #34262
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2P View Post
I thought about the M&P,but most of the guys I have talked with,feel the FN is a better weapon.
Well, obviously I chose it so I'm gonna disagree with that...the M&P is a superb tactical pistol platform, and it's gotten nothing but better since the first gen. Smith carries the stink of its former ownership to a lot of guys who remember the Sigma or think the M&P is somehow connected to it, I hear it from time to time, but it's too bad because it's undeserved and untrue.

Trouble with the M&P's are very rare, they're accurate and reliable as hell, and for me at least offer the workings of a Glock with a much preferable grip angle and more customizable ergos. Luckily now the aftermarket is catching up too. Accuracy wise, if there's a difference between the two I couldn't see it. If you're carrying, the M&P's slightly thinner too, if that matters to ya. Trigger both are a little crappy from the factory, but that's to be expected. Trigger jobs on the Smith are easy, don't know about the FN but it looks straight forward.

I prefer the consistency of striker fired weapons from a trigger standpoint, but I own DA/SA guns too, nothing wrong with that either.

I've got 4 M&P's, and haven't had a hiccup with a single gun...and to say I use them a lot is an understatement, the 9mm full size I have is going on 20k down the pipe. I see a lot of them out here at my place, several of the LE guys carry them, some of the tactical trainers I know like 'em alot too.

Like I said, I have nothing against the FN...it's a quality gun for sure, more traditional SA/DA than a striker-fired M&P or Glock. If it fits ya and you like that's all that matters. The best gun is the one that suits ya.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:10 PM   #34263
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
Well, obviously I chose it so I'm gonna disagree with that...the M&P is a superb tactical pistol platform, and it's gotten nothing but better since the first gen. Smith carries the stink of its former ownership to a lot of guys who remember the Sigma or think the M&P is somehow connected to it, I hear it from time to time, but it's too bad because it's undeserved and untrue.

Trouble with the M&P's are very rare, they're accurate and reliable as hell, and for me at least offer the workings of a Glock with a much preferable grip angle and more customizable ergos. Luckily now the aftermarket is catching up too. Accuracy wise, if there's a difference between the two I couldn't see it. If you're carrying, the M&P's slightly thinner too, if that matters to ya. Trigger both are a little crappy from the factory, but that's to be expected. Trigger jobs on the Smith are easy, don't know about the FN but it looks straight forward.

I prefer the consistency of striker fired weapons from a trigger standpoint, but I own DA/SA guns too, nothing wrong with that either.

I've got 4 M&P's, and haven't had a hiccup with a single gun...and to say I use them a lot is an understatement, the 9mm full size I have is going on 20k down the pipe. I see a lot of them out here at my place, several of the LE guys carry them, some of the tactical trainers I know like 'em alot too.

Like I said, I have nothing against the FN...it's a quality gun for sure, more traditional SA/DA than a striker-fired M&P or Glock. If it fits ya and you like that's all that matters. The best gun is the one that suits ya.
Sparkster would probably back up your claims...

I never much cared for the MP.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:55 PM   #34264
swingset
Got the knack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
I'm that way with Glocks, I love the idea but they just don't fit me.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:01 PM   #34265
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,901
speechless....

A tough looking biker was riding his Harley when he sees a pretty girl about to jump off a bridge so he stops.

"What are you doing?" he asks.

"I'm going to commit suicide," she says.

While he did not want to appear insensitive, he didn't want to miss an opportunity, so he asked "Well, before you jump, why don't you give me a Kiss?"

So, she does.

After she's finished, the biker says, "Wow! That was the best Kiss I have ever had. That's a real talent you are wasting. You could be famous. Why are you committing suicide?"

"My parents don't like me dressing up like a girl......"

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:04 PM   #34266
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 13,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
"My parents don't like me dressing up like a girl......"
A lot of biker chicks probably say that.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:36 AM   #34267
jitterymonkey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 406
Hell of a drive home from work tonight at 12:30am.
Road was solid ice

A lot of people I talk to say 4 wheel drive don't help Ya on ice, but I disagree.
Kept me rolling up hill more than once & helped out quite a bit with
steering through the turns.

If your going to work today... Be Careful!!

[joefast14] Never modify a Yamaha SRX-6, they turn into a money hole that you can never get out of.
jitterymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:49 AM   #34268
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

Oddometer: 4,319
Just took my wife to work 25 miles all ice. Subaru plows through just about everything. Had to get new wiper blades. The ice destoyed them.

Still Riff Raff
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:26 AM   #34269
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

Oddometer: 4,319
cushman

The weather really sucks today so I thought a couple pics from the museum might help a little- '54 Cushman

Still Riff Raff
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #34270
Sparkster
Live seriously.

Oddometer: 1,240
Quote:
Sparkster would probably back up your claims...

You're right of course. I can vouch that you'll hit who / what you're aiming at with an M&P
Sparkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:44 PM   #34271
swingset
Got the knack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkster View Post
You're right of course. I can vouch that you'll hit who / what you're aiming at with an M&P
Combat tested.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:09 PM   #34272
S2P
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 647
Quote:
I can't disagree with that, I fortunately only hit what I'm aiming at. I hope I never need the who part. The guys who told me they liked the FN better have military background ,maybe they used them more than the LEO guys.I just can't decide, which is my biggest problem.I'd also like to get a new varmit rig. With all the stuff happening with wack jobs shooting people, I'm worried I won't be able to get the high cap sidearm.Not that I need it,just another toy,which we all know you can never have enough toys.

WR 426
TTR 125
S2P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:09 PM   #34273
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,272
Quote:
Westerville's Winchester demo trailer got moved back a day. Come?

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #34274
Sparkster
Live seriously.

Oddometer: 1,240
Quote:
Westerville's Winchester demo trailer got moved back a day. Come?
Sparkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:52 PM   #34275
EJV
Fuso FG Expedition

Oddometer: 919
I went to Cleveland on Sunday.

I saw this:
(Is it May yet? Did I ever say I like this machine a lot?)