ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2011, 09:53 PM   #35041
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
I won't be there due to work but I'd be interested in the tail light.

If one of my cohorts is there (Whitey, somecallmetim, maybe even z@ch...) can you give it to them?

Otherwise I will figure a way to ride up one of these days and get it.

Thanks.... Mark

If I make it down I will grab it for you. Look for my ride report, "5 hrs and 147 miles".

Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:11 PM   #35042
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
Don't know of any trails in the immediate area but plenty of dirt roads and oil field roads/trails.
Swing might know something nearby, even if it's not legal.
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:31 PM   #35043
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
Yup, there's this guy who lives in an old farmhouse just outside of town, when he's not home we like to roost his yard. Careful tho, he's got a big German shepherd...it'll pee on your tires.

I don't know of any real offroad near Crazeysburg, gotta go 10 miles east or north for that...or there's some just east of Newark by the river. Lots of dirt roads tho, like you say.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:50 AM   #35044
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
Don't know of any trails in the immediate area but plenty of dirt roads and oil field roads/trails.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
Yup, there's this guy who lives in an old farmhouse just outside of town, when he's not home we like to roost his yard. Careful tho, he's got a big German shepherd...it'll pee on your tires.

I don't know of any real offroad near Crazeysburg, gotta go 10 miles east or north for that...or there's some just east of Newark by the river. Lots of dirt roads tho, like you say.

well, here's the thing...though I have a plate for the bike, my XR is not even close to being street legal...or even LOOK street legal...yet. thats why I asked about that field, coz its so close I could push it over if necessary...these dirt and oil roads, are they close enough to be able to get on with a plateless bike? can they be ridden without a plate?

second issue...as you guys are no doubt aware, XR250Rs have a tendency to be hard to start in cold weather...well, I bought this 02 and haven't been able to get it started yet...the day I bought it, it was about 50 degrees and the PO had it running when I got there (even though I was 15 minutes early, coz I wanted to see how hard it was to start). once it was warmed up, it started on first kick for me....so I figured, no biggie...then I got it home and havent been able to get it to run for more than 2 or 3 seconds...I've tried everything the PO told me to do...I've tried everything I could find in the XR250R thread about cold-starting...I even put in the cold weather spark plug...just haven't worked out the knack yet...so, my thinking for garage day was that with all you guys there, we'd be able to get this baby running...and then maybe I'd have a chance to ride it a bit, IF there's something close by...even just a 200 yard field that I could do a few laps in....coz the only thing I've done with it so far was ride up and down the PO's street...and that was in February

ok, I'm rambling now...I just got off of work, so I think I'm gonna take a 2 or 3 hour nap then check this thread when I wake up and make a decision...see yinz later, maybe

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:54 AM   #35045
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

Oddometer: 4,357
battle ready

This bike is a little strange but interesting. It was parked at the Cabbage Patch yesterday. Last post from the chrome show, had enough. I am loading up and outtaheah!!!!

Still Riff Raff
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:30 AM   #35046
gelandestrasse
Fidem Scit

Oddometer: 20,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasthomas View Post
This bike is a little strange but interesting. It was parked at the Cabbage Patch yesterday. Last post from the chrome show, had enough. I am loading up and outtaheah!!!!

It looks like it's powered by a water pump.

Interesting use of pineapples.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:19 AM   #35047
bruceride
City Boy

Oddometer: 1,240
Have fun @ Garage Day today - stuck @ work... Although it is good to be busy!
Old 03-12-2011, 07:32 AM   #35048
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,636
For those of you that ordered the new Tenere's I wonder if shipment may be delayed due to the devastation in Japan? I don't know where they are manufactured but assume it to be Japan.
jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:38 AM   #35049
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
For those of you that ordered the new Tenere's I wonder if shipment may be delayed due to the devastation in Japan? I don't know where they are manufactured but assume it to be Japan.

Everyone will get theirs on time except for Ej.

Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:08 AM   #35050
jgunsett
Goin' Coastal

Oddometer: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
I'm guessing they'll be 1 to 2 months late. It's been 6 months since I placed my order, so a few more months isn't going to kill me. Glad I didn't sell the Wee though.

"Life's Short - Turn Up the Bass!"
jgunsett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:34 AM   #35051
palandor
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
I don't like the idea of onesies, but I gotta say the styling on the aerostich suits is what tempts me more than anything. If I'm paying that much for a jumpsuit, I better damned well look like I have superhuman powers, or like I'm responding to a nuclear emergency, wet crotch or not.

That's fucking sexy, man.

Anywho....there will be some of mrs. swingset's tasty pies at Garage Day...I think cherry and a peanut butter, I snuck in an order on her latest batch saw 'em sitting out to cool when I left for work tonight.
Swingset, if you put a red helmet on that, yer gonna look like spiderman. Then all the sport bike babes will want you! ;-)
palandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:33 AM   #35052
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post

ok, I'm rambling now...I just got off of work, so I think I'm gonna take a 2 or 3 hour nap then check this thread when I wake up and make a decision...see yinz later, maybe

well, so much for a 2-3 hour nap...woke up at noon when the old lady informed my that my Doubletake mirror has arrived

I'm still tired so I ain't gonna load up the truck. To paraphrase Rod Stewart...
"Wake up Maggie, I think I got somewhere to ride with you...."

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:30 PM   #35053
steingar
higher life form

Oddometer: 434
Just a note to let everyone know I'm back safe, despite the best efforts of the North wind. Many thanks for an enjoyable gathering.
steingar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:59 PM   #35054
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
second issue...as you guys are no doubt aware, XR250Rs have a tendency to be hard to start in cold weather...

Many bikes come so lean they can barely run. Yours sounds like either the pilot jet is plugged or the fuel screw needs adjusted.

Chec the screw in the front bottom or front side of the carb. It will be a flat head and located as close the motor as possible. If you take the screw out, there should be a spring, washer and needle tipped. Turn that screw in until lightly seated then back out 1.5 full turns. If it is in too far, no fuel.

After it warms up, adjust the idle.

Wouldn't hurt to run some sea foam through the gas tank too

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:26 PM   #35055
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 882
ST. RT. 715 looking west at the end of bat nest rd. Good seeing you guys today. The ride home today was great other then the wind and almost running out of gas.
alansz400 is offline   Reply With Quote