ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2011, 03:29 PM   #35791
motodirtlover
Motodirtlover

Oddometer: 1,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
As big as I am I really like pants that have pockets and padding so that I am comfortable under all conditions. Biggest problem is finding them in waist sizes over 42 and inseam over 34. It seems there are very few colthing manufacturers who make stuff for us bigger guys. Boots can be the same problem. They might be size 13 shoe but the calve is bean pole, not muscular leg sized. Usually I end up getting ATV boots.
Moose makes clothes for us sasquatch sized folks. And Sidi crossfires adjust out well for tree trunk calves.
motodirtlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:38 PM   #35792
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

Oddometer: 4,344
xs

Been piddling around with the XS 650 all winter and this is the end result. Still needs some detailing but it is mechanically very sound with rebuilt carbs and petcocks, new tires and gaskets all around. Wheels and spokes are going to take some elbow grease but it is a blast to ride.

Still Riff Raff
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:47 PM   #35793
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by motodirtlover View Post
Moose makes clothes for us sasquatch sized folks. And Sidi crossfires adjust out well for tree trunk calves.
Thanks, Larry keep telling me to hit up MJ to get measured for some good gear. It is nice to be able to try stuff on before hand but I may have to take the leap for some good DS pants this year. I'm okay for boots at the moment.

So, question of the day is with all Federal Parks closing with the government will Wayne National be out of bounds till the Fed reopens?
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:55 PM   #35794
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
Thanks, Larry keep telling me to hit up MJ to get measured for some good gear. It is nice to be able to try stuff on before hand but I may have to take the leap for some good DS pants this year. I'm okay for boots at the moment.

So, question of the day is with all Federal Parks closing with the government will Wayne National be out of bounds till the Fed reopens?
I doubt the gubmint will still be shut down by next Thursday when the season begins, but if they are then the park would likely be closed.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:53 PM   #35795
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
I doubt the gubmint will still be shut down by next Thursday when the season begins, but if they are then the park would likely be closed.

If you went rogue would anyone be there to catch you then?
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:03 PM   #35796
S2P
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey1 View Post
If you went rogue would anyone be there to catch you then?
No ,but you could just mail in the fine for them. Like the honor system. You know .. Well your Honor I didn't know it was closed

WR 426
TTR 125
S2P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:07 PM   #35797
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2P View Post
No ,but you could just mail in the fine for them. Like the honor system. You know .. Well your Honor I didn't know it was closed
Sure....the check's in the mail!
Old 04-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #35798
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 873
[QUOTE=Rasthomas;15621591]Been piddling around with the XS 650 all winter and this is the end result. Still needs some detailing but it is mechanically very sound with rebuilt carbs and petcocks, new tires and gaskets all around. Wheels and spokes are going to take some elbow grease but it is a blast to ride.

Heres a picture of my buddys 650. He bought it last fall off CLs and has been working on it over the winter. Neat old bikes.

alansz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:53 PM   #35799
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

Oddometer: 4,344
That thing is clean! I had a Bonneville when I was 20 and it reminds me of riding that alot.

Still Riff Raff
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:34 PM   #35800
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,056
Quote:

Perfect, I just ordered my WNF yearly permit, good thing I didn't order the ANF permit

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:44 PM   #35801
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
Perfect, I just ordered my WNF yearly permit, good thing I didn't order the ANF permit
I'm with Whitey, let's just ride 'em if they're closed. If there's no rangers to close the gate, there's no ranger to catch ya riding around it.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:46 PM   #35802
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Quote:
I'm with Whitey, let's just ride 'em if they're closed. If there's no rangers to close the gate, there's no ranger to catch ya riding around it.

I will bend my plate up gangsta style. I blend in easy if I have to make a run for it.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:57 PM   #35803
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiamondmike View Post
I also find it frustrating that the apparel is grouped by brand. I mentioned it to an employee who was helping me and he said the manufacturers like to have all their products grouped together and to encourage that, they provide store fixtures and racks to retailers free of charge. The Iron Pony employee said if they put all the boots, jackets,etc together, the store would have to purchase their own store fixtures at considerable expense (He claimed about $400 for each).

thats all well and good but that still doesnt explain why they have various items spread all over the store. there are gloves in at least THREE different areas of the store, spots that are separated by 50 or 100 feet or more. thats not just plain stupid, it's a bad business practice.

if you go into a shoe store, for example, you will find the shoes grouped by both brand as well as function...you do not have to cross the length of the store to compare a Nike running shoe with a Reebok running shoe. They'll both be in the same area, even though all the Nike running shoes will be together and all the Reebok running shoes will be together.

and as far as the "considerable expense" of $400 for a store fixture...its called the cost of doing business and most often is deductible anyway...besides which, for a store the size of IP, thats a drop in the bucket...not that I care one way or another...its not my problem, so dont make it my problem.

honestly, I seriously doubt I'll be going back there any time soon, if ever. I found the whole experience that annoying.

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:41 PM   #35804
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey1 View Post
I will bend my plate up gangsta style.

Mud spatter works better and keep that trailer park look to a minimum

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:56 PM   #35805
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
...honestly, I seriously doubt I'll be going back there any time soon, if ever. I found the whole experience that annoying.
I don't like Iron Pony, either. There is such a thing as too big.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote