ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2011, 07:41 PM   #36856
jgunsett
Goin' Coastal

Oddometer: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
Just got back from a nice 130 mile ride around the NTZ. Was keeping an eye out for jgunsett but there were no Stroms, KLR's or WR's to be seen...only Harleys and Goldwings. Maybe he was one of the plethora of people out covering the roads in a nice shade of green grass clippings.

Sorry, no pics. As usual I didn't think about grabbing the camera until I was about 15 miles down the road, besides...who wants to look at pics of long flat straight roads and empty fields?

Actually, I was out on the Strom all day. Took the wife down to Grand Lake St. Marys to watch the Algae bloom. Tommorrow I'm doing a poker run out of a Harley Shop in Mendon. Should be interesting: 100 pirates on Harleys and me on my Strom wearing Hi-Viz ATGATT.

"Life's Short - Turn Up the Bass!"
jgunsett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:05 PM   #36857
Sparkster
Live seriously.

Oddometer: 1,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgunsett View Post
Should be interesting: 100 pirates on Harleys and me on my Strom wearing Hi-Viz ATGATT.

Pics plz
Sparkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:06 PM   #36858
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,703
Quote:
100 pirates on Harleys...
For some reason whenever I see those guys on the road, all I can think of is Michael Bolton belting out "This is the tale... of Captain Jack Sparrow...".

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:08 PM   #36859
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
Thought the same but what are you going to do when the thing is in the middle of a urban shopping center? On the one lap, a bus driver yelled at us at a traffic light to let us know there was a cop behind us The Ducati loop they did last summer was a bit better, lots of bad roads along with left/right curve combos but then again, it was all based around the new Multistrada and the ride leaders flew. Could have had it elsewhere but then they wouldn't have had us crawling around the shop hopefully buying something. One guy did buy a Bonneville as I was leaving.

I think for the general population, the ride is cool, but for some of us who are used to better, it was a bit boring. The shop and myself was a little disappointed in the fact Triumph themselves limited each ride to only 2 bikes. The guy I talked to yesterday said we'd get to ride all the bikes which excited me. There were many demo loops that only had 3 or 4 bikes and the rest just sat there. At KTM's demo rides, you get to ride EVERY bike. I was lucky enough to know the owners and got to sneak out an extra time or two. Tried to get Rasthomas out on the Scrambler but he had to leave for work.

Mark, if you didn't notice, there is no adjust-ability to the Tiger suspension except rear pre-load. Guys like you and I keep Eibach in business. The factory side cases looked disposable which was sad. They looked as if they'd eject as soon as the pavement ended.
I really want to ride a Scrambler sometime to see how I like it. I like how they sound, look, and they are different then what you see everywhere. I havent been doing any knarly off road riding lately and think that would be a cool change of pace.
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:10 PM   #36860
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
For some reason whenever I see those guys on the road, all I can think of is Michael Bolton belting out "This is the tale... of Captain Jack Sparrow...".
I thought for sure we were going to piss off the pirate parade that we flew past a few years ago. I think it was on 36 or 37 in between Delaware and Marysville.

Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:35 PM   #36861
flashover604
tailgunner

Oddometer: 548
Quote:
100 pirates on Haaaarrrr-leys
Old 05-20-2011, 08:42 PM   #36862
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
Riiiiiight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cubit

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:53 PM   #36863
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:01 PM   #36864
d mc gee
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 803
Had a pretty eventful day today. I am working on a home improvement project, running around town getting supply's and such. Sitting at a stop sign, two guys wearing "stiches" riding Honda CT 90's packed up for touring wizz by. My curiosity is peaked and I give chase. Followed them thru downtown and eventually hollard asked them to pull over for a pic. Unfortunately I forgot to save it on my phone. They said they left the Cleveland area early this morning and were heading to Missouri. The one guy said he's an inmate.

Couple hours later I was pulling out of my drive and a yeller GS goes by. My curiosity is peaked once again. So I give chase, he eventually pull in to a car lot to ask directions. I ended up talking to him a bit. Our GS's are pretty much the same except for a few things. He's also an inmate. He for Michigan, and was heading towards Zanesville for some good riding this weekend.

I guess the point here is if you ever find your self in beautiful Upper Sandusky (the jewel of the Sandusky valley) and some goober in a beat up old Chevy truck is following you, don't be alarmed.

01 1150 GS
84 R100RS
74 XL350
d mc gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:17 PM   #36865
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,703
You're a bit of a creeper, Doug.

I get to reference a SNL skit in two of three posts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLPZmPaHme0

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:19 AM   #36866
d mc gee
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
You're a bit of a creeper, Doug.

Wish it wasn't true.

01 1150 GS
84 R100RS
74 XL350
Old 05-21-2011, 07:26 AM   #36867
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

Oddometer: 4,349
The Tiger 800 XC is everything it's cracked up to be. Only an 8 mile ride but everyone that tried it liked it, except maybe Gorman! It pays to be friends with the owner! He was able to ride4 different bikes while us peasants only could ride 2. Good time though. Demo rides still on today.

Still Riff Raff
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:50 AM   #36868
MrFurious
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 704
Quote:
Actually, I was out on the Strom all day. Took the wife down to Grand Lake St. Marys to watch the Algae bloom. Tommorrow I'm doing a poker run out of a Harley Shop in Mendon. Should be interesting: 100 pirates on Harleys and me on my Strom wearing Hi-Viz ATGATT.
So how's the smell down there at the lake this year? The one time I rode down to the Lake St. Marys last year the stench was intolerable due to the algae so I avoided it after that.

I had a couple friends ask if I was going to the poker run over at Jim's today but I declined. I'd rather spend a gorgeous day riding rather than sitting in a different bar for a half hour every twenty minutes.

And like Meef said...we want pics.

MrFurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:22 AM   #36869
ScienceOfDirt
U-Boat Rider

Oddometer: 1,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasthomas View Post
The Tiger 800 XC is everything it's cracked up to be. Only an 8 mile ride but everyone that tried it liked it, except maybe Gorman! It pays to be friends with the owner! He was able to ride4 different bikes while us peasants only could ride 2. Good time though. Demo rides still on today.
I went back around 2 to say hi to my brother who got suckered into being the sweep for the demo riders, and Michael was just getting ready to take out the scrambler. They should have just let him be the sweeper so he could try all of the bike out that he wanted.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:48 AM   #36870
d mc gee
Studly Adventurer

Theil's Wheels must be having a costume party today. Large groups of pirates going up and down my street (the main drag). I make fun of them but they have a throttle in their hands, I have a shovel.

01 1150 GS
84 R100RS
74 XL350