ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2011, 08:49 PM   #36886
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBBaron View Post
Ofcourse sometimes I think she's just a long for the ride, and not really putting any effort into the pedals.

Craig
Those bikes are cool. I like the retro styling

Someone who talks more than she pedals. Notice all the extra accessories I had to install. Streamers went on last weekend.

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:28 PM   #36887
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,402
The view from the stoker's seat sucks.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:15 AM   #36888
jitterymonkey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Upper Sandusky = Not Sandusky
Quote:
Originally Posted by d mc gee View Post
Well my fellow XL rider we are quite a bit inland, about 50 miles up river. Did you ever see the dancing chicken at African safari? I don't know how it worked, but food would drop on a spinning plate that was either electricly charged or was hot. Causing the chicken to hop around or "dance". Pretty cool to my young mind at the time.
O.K., see that now. I thought Upper Sandusky was the lake.

[joefast14] Never modify a Yamaha SRX-6, they turn into a money hole that you can never get out of.
jitterymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:13 AM   #36889
CBBaron
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
Those bikes are cool. I like the retro styling

Someone who talks more than she pedals. Notice all the extra accessories I had to install. Streamers went on last weekend.
Thats my daughter, non-stop talking from the back seat.
Atleast I havn't had to install extra accessories. Just a few things to accommodate her size. I was able to do that with shorter cranks and a smaller seat.

You do have some nice bikes mgorman

Craig
CBBaron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 06:10 AM   #36890
S2P
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
Fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
In the front (Captain), you feel everything in the rear .At a time trial once, my partner decided he needed to adjust himself . Needless to say, when he did that it was timed perfectly with my down stroke , it lifted me right out of the seat and almost tossed me over the bars! When we got done, he was shaking and pale white.
I'm bored and needed some entertainment,should be riding.Finally finished working weekends yesterday.Weather delays caused the job to go on for 9 weeks instead of 4.

WR 426
TTR 125

S2P screwed with this post 05-22-2011 at 06:17 AM
S2P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:37 PM   #36891
jgunsett
Goin' Coastal

Oddometer: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
So how's the smell down there at the lake this year? The one time I rode down to the Lake St. Marys last year the stench was intolerable due to the algae so I avoided it after that.

I had a couple friends ask if I was going to the poker run over at Jim's today but I declined. I'd rather spend a gorgeous day riding rather than sitting in a different bar for a half hour every twenty minutes.

And like Meef said...we want pics.
You made a much better decision than me. There were 710 riders on this poker run. 90% of them on Harley's. My V-strom was the only ADV bike I saw all day. It was stop and go traffic for most of the poker run, and most of the riders seemed more interested in the beer at the stops than in the riding. Probably typical of this type of event. I've done very few poker runs in the past, and probably won't do anymore. I was there for 7 hours and put 90 miles on my bike. Not my idea of a good ride. I should have gone to SE Ohio and rode the Hanging Rock ADV ride instead. Live and learn.

"Life's Short - Turn Up the Bass!"
jgunsett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:13 PM   #36892
MrFurious
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 700
Yep, that's pretty typical for poker runs and benefit rides. More a meeting of the leather clad clan than a motorcycle ride. lol

MrFurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:26 PM   #36893
matkal
Assault Commuter

Oddometer: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by d mc gee View Post

Couple hours later I was pulling out of my drive and a yeller GS goes by. My curiosity is peaked once again. So I give chase, he eventually pull in to a car lot to ask directions. I ended up talking to him a bit. Our GS's are pretty much the same except for a few things. He's also an inmate. He for Michigan, and was heading towards Zanesville for some good riding this weekend.

Hey Doug, it was nice meeting you I had a great time here in OH!

I camped in Burr Oak St pk near Glouster, rode 78 a bunch of times Friday, looking for BigMuskie.....I'd forgotten it was EAST of McConnelsville (duh!)oh well, any excuse to ride 78!
Saw a bunch of ADV bikes: A group with a yellow DRZ(?) a black KTM motard and a cruiser of some sort. Kept running into them all over.

Also saw a few GS's along the way and a KLR in Marrietta. The KLR guy came riding up with a guy on a Duc.........I walked up to them and asked, "whats wrong with this picture?"....they didn't get it Anyway, he said his duc was in the shopand he had just gotten the KLR.

Saturdays ride was 78 to 555 to 676 to 26,etc. and got pleasantly lost(not really) in the Wayne Nat Forest! I hope you guys don't take all the wonderful roads you have down here. Slabbed it down to Marietta from Caldwell for a beer at Marietta Brewing Co then back up to visit big muskie.

Headed home today. Here's some pics:

First sight of hills, Logan(or was it Lancaster?!)

Camp site (cell phone pic)

Somewhere in the WNF

And with Big Muskie

Thanks Ohio, for a wonderful time! One more thing, ALL the riders I met were very nice(no HD attitude ).

Helmet laws suck. They interfere with natural selection.

ATGATT 35:12-14
"And Atgatt courted Motgatt, and took her for a wife.
And lo, he compromised with Atgmott, and verily she conceived,
and did bear a son, Notgatt. And Notgatt roamed naked,
and did bequeath his skin to the roads. And he was a wild ass and an outcast,
and was hated through all the land. And his forehead was branded, and he did be
come a sign and a warning to all the people."
matkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:50 PM   #36894
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
The view from the stoker's seat sucks.

You haven't ridden behind me

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:19 PM   #36895
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgunsett View Post
You made a much better decision than me. There were 710 riders on this poker run. 90% of them on Harley's. My V-strom was the only ADV bike I saw all day. It was stop and go traffic for most of the poker run, and most of the riders seemed more interested in the beer at the stops than in the riding. Probably typical of this type of event. I've done very few poker runs in the past, and probably won't do anymore. I was there for 7 hours and put 90 miles on my bike. Not my idea of a good ride. I should have gone to SE Ohio and rode the Hanging Rock ADV ride instead. Live and learn.
I tried to do the Pirate thing this weekend for a group that does some charity things around here. After the first stop, I was like WTF! OK, see you guys later. I can't waste good time standing around talkin' shit about something you know nothing about. ( riding )
bikeridermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:24 PM   #36896
jgunsett
Goin' Coastal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeridermark View Post
I tried to do the Pirate thing this weekend for a group that does some charity things around here. After the first stop, I was like WTF! OK, see you guys later. I can't waste good time standing around talkin' shit about something you know nothing about. ( riding )
I should have bailed a lot sooner than I did. I figured I paid for the poker hand, I might as well stick it out to see if I could win anything. I had 2 twos and 2 threes. That probably put me in about 600th place out of 710 riders. Oh well, never again.

And BTW Mr. Furious, Grand Lake ain't stinkin' yet, but probably will be within a month.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:05 PM   #36897
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgunsett View Post
Grand Lake ain't stinkin' yet, but probably will be within a month.
They need to keep those women out of it or they will never the smell out of them fish.

Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 06:22 PM   #36898
jgunsett
Goin' Coastal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey1 View Post
They need to keep those women out of it or they will never the smell out of them fish.

So that's what causes that smell. Always wondered about that.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:29 PM   #36899
MrFurious
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 700
I got a lot of strange looks from the pirates this weekend while riding around on my Road Star wearing a helmet (gasp!) and my new Rev'It Air jacket (double Gasp!). You would have thought I was wearing an ape suit with the double-takes I was getting.

Now if I could just figure out why Rev'It puts a bass-ackwards womens zipper on the Air jacket.

MrFurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 06:31 PM   #36900
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by matkal View Post
Hey Doug, it was nice meeting you I had a great time here in OH!

I camped in Burr Oak St pk near Glouster, rode 78 a bunch of times Friday, looking for BigMuskie.....I'd forgotten it was EAST of McConnelsville (duh!)oh well, any excuse to ride 78!
Saw a bunch of ADV bikes: A group with a yellow DRZ(?) a black KTM motard and a cruiser of some sort. Kept running into them all over.

Also saw a few GS's along the way and a KLR in Marrietta. The KLR guy came riding up with a guy on a Duc.........I walked up to them and asked, "whats wrong with this picture?"....they didn't get it Anyway, he said his duc was in the shopand he had just gotten the KLR.

Saturdays ride was 78 to 555 to 676 to 26,etc. and got pleasantly lost(not really) in the Wayne Nat Forest! I hope you guys don't take all the wonderful roads you have down here. Slabbed it down to Marietta from Caldwell for a beer at Marietta Brewing Co then back up to visit big muskie.

Headed home today. Here's some pics:

First sight of hills, Logan(or was it Lancaster?!)

Camp site (cell phone pic)

Somewhere in the WNF

And with Big Muskie

Thanks Ohio, for a wonderful time! One more thing, ALL the riders I met were very nice(no HD attitude ).

you're welcome matkal...glad you enjoyed yourself. come again soon...bring a dualsport or dirtbike and we'll go riding on the trails in WNF...big fun to be had there as well. as for HD attitude around here, you'll pretty much get that only from HD riders, but they are easily avoided in these parts...those kinda guys only ride the straight roads between one bar and the next. the real riders (even guys on HDs) are on the roads you took.

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote