ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2011, 04:58 PM   #37921
Sparkster
Live seriously.

Oddometer: 1,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
For a change, I'm sipping a beer and feeling like a million bucks instead of a twisted up, sore pretzel.
I look forward to that day

In fact it may be much closer than I thought. Doc initially said 2-3 years but two weeks ago he said let's see if I'm ready this January.
Sparkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:01 PM   #37922
BullfrogsADV
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
Quote:
Finally done cleaning up all the crap I muddied at Flint Ridge! Mud+hay+heat makes adobe, and it it's friggin hard to get off an airhead cooling head.

Great time tho! Trails were really fun this year.

For a change, I'm sipping a beer and feeling like a million bucks instead of a twisted up, sore pretzel.
Dude I would have like to have met up with you. Had a quick hello with Sion at the Tech Inspection. I had the Black DR650. Learned a few things today, #1 wet grass in flat non-assuming fields is slick as shit!. #2 purchase a much lighter bike before I do this again. But actually a really good ride, nothing broken on the bike, nothing broken on me so I am not complaining (the beer and ibuprofen help though).
BullfrogsADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:05 PM   #37923
CBBaron
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkster View Post

In fact it may be much closer than I thought. Doc initially said 2-3 years but two weeks ago he said let's see if I'm ready this January.
That's great to hear

I think doctors alot of times tell patients worst case scenarios so the reality is usually better.

Craig
CBBaron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:10 PM   #37924
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,795
Quote:

That's great news Brandon....keep on trucking.

Quote:
Dude I would have like to have met up with you. Had a quick hello with Sion at the Tech Inspection. I had the Black DR650. Learned a few things today, #1 wet grass in flat non-assuming fields is slick as shit!. #2 purchase a much lighter bike before I do this again. But actually a really good ride, nothing broken on the bike, nothing broken on me so I am not complaining (the beer and ibuprofen help though).
Sorry I didn't catch ya, saw you out on the route tho...actually me and Z@ch were stopped when you rolled by and commented it would be no fun at all humping a DR650 around those trails.

Hell, even my TTR gets heavy by the end of the day...I'd love to have a 235lb 2-smoke for doing those ds rides.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:33 PM   #37925
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,071
Quote:

Will this be your first time? Is he at least cute?

Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:40 PM   #37926
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 860
Weekend ride

Took off work friday and rode lots of back road to to Moundsville WV. camped at the fairgrounds in Moundsville and took the long way home sat. I was going to stop and camp at Flint Ridge sat. night but desided to take my son to Briarcliff today so he could ride MX. Hit 30000 miles ( 20000 mine ) on the DR650 sat. not bad for less then 2 years.

alansz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:41 PM   #37927
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,527
Quote:
Trails were really fun this year.

If that was the "fun" trails I'd hate to see the "not fun" ones. my arms feel like rubber and my elbows are gonna hurt for 3 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullfrogsADV View Post
Had a quick hello with Sion at the Tech Inspection...... Learned a few things today, #1 wet grass in flat non-assuming fields is slick as shit!.
hey Bullfrog....nice to meet you...for all of 15 seconds...hehehe

no kidding...that "former motocross track" in that field was just about did me in....I kept upright to the little creek crossing...actually got through that without trouble, then tossed my bike down 2 or 3 times trying to get from the creek up to the road (maybe 50 yards?) I just could not get any traction (knobbies were CAKED with mud).

Quote:
Hell, even my TTR gets heavy by the end of the day...I'd love to have a 235lb 2-smoke for doing those ds rides.
hell, my XR250R has a claimed dry weight of 240 lbs...felt like 500 the last couple times I had to pick her up

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:45 PM   #37928
mic_detonator
ride

Oddometer: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansz400 View Post
Took off work friday and rode lots of back road to to Moundsville WV. camped at the fairgrounds in Moundsville and took the long way home sat. I was going to stop and camp at Flint Ridge sat. night but desided to take my son to Briarcliff today so he could ride MX. Hit 30000 miles ( 20000 mine ) on the DR650 sat. not bad for less then 2 years.
right on alan, that is alot of miles in a short time!
mic_detonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:46 PM   #37929
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansz400 View Post
Old 06-26-2011, 06:48 PM   #37930
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
No Photo, it didn't happen.
I did get the satisfaction of passing a GSA on 71 N. The guy had a yellow jacket and a 30 day tag. I bet he loved seeing the fat kid on a KLR blow by him at 80mph.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:00 PM   #37931
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,084
Some photos from flint ridge. I heard 217 people!

Rob was there with a new bike, well, new to him. KTM 300

Craig and Zack were there along with Mike from WV, Gabby, WashedupMC rider, Corey, Big Ohio and Sion and many others.

And the KLR only got dropped once. Mud however, was slick and everywhere.

I got the bike thru a lot of the ride before I suffered really bad leg cramps in the woods after lunch. I decided to end my riding as soon as I was able to get back on the bike. Made it home around 6:00 and like Swing washed pounds of Flint Ridge off the bike.
Good ride and a real challenge. Many of the trees were so tight I had to basically stop to get the handle bars thru. Tree crossings were not bad but roots were also slick and seemed worse on the trails after lunch even though the rain had stopped.

Waiting to hear that Bog Ohio made it home safe and the KTM690 will live to ride again.
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:08 PM   #37932
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
Good ride and a real challenge. Many of the trees were so tight I had to basically stop to get the handle bars thru. Tree crossings were not bad but roots were also slick and seemed worse on the trails after lunch even though the rain had stopped.

Waiting to hear that Bog Ohio made it home safe and the KTM690 will live to ride again.

he did and it will. I'll let him tell the rest.

speaking of slick roots/vines/branches...I came across a picture in another thread

this is one of the Flint Ridge trails, right?

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:04 AM   #37933
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,539
Stay to the left.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:06 AM   #37934
BigOhio
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 473
Exercise is good for you, right? Made it home, but stiff and sore today. Not a fun push to the road from where I was. Dropped the KTM690 (for the second time up to that point) made it about 100', it stalled, started right up, backfired and instantly died. No amount of cranking would even get a sputter. I had the GPS with me and located a road not far away but found I was fenced in and the road was no longer there (must have been an abandoned township road). Followed the course toward another road and found that we were in a closed in pasture. The course went away from the road so I walked that pasture to the road and did not see a gate! Saw a house so started walking that fence and found a cattle panel that was only wired in, so toward the house I went (all uphill through their horse pasture and backyard). At least their driveway was downhill so I got to coast a little. Cranked it some more and had a backfire or two, but would not run. Caught a ride back, had some lunch and went back for the bike. When I got home did a quick search on the KTM690 mega thread and saw similar symptoms if the rubber boot comes of the EFI. Looked at it and seemed fine. Researched some more, pulled side panels and saw the boot was indeed loose. Got it back together, immediate fire. Oh well, at least nothing major and got my annual excercise requirement finished in one day.

BigOhio screwed with this post 06-27-2011 at 06:11 AM
BigOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:32 AM   #37935
rob748
resident alien !!!!

Oddometer: 839
flint ridge

good to see every one yesterday, we had our $$ worth trails, it was a little slick in the morning but after lunch the sun came out and it was nice and tacky apart from the wet grass which i did a 360 on
the 300xc was amazing, the power just kept coming but its a tractor if needed and it was nice to pick up 250 lb not 400lb
big thanks to kory and colin for getting my jetting spot on sunday morning

The Bootleg is the next one on July 17th with the caveman challenge
rob748 is offline   Reply With Quote