ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2011, 05:22 PM   #37996
rich_mc
Full Fledged MEM-Ber

Oddometer: 2,218
Whitebread, I've got an SASD for you.....

2011 Connie 1400
rich_mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:33 PM   #37997
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,465
Luke, at least they took a picture of you. I looked through all 143 of those pics and I'm nowhere to be found. So, since no one thought to take a picture of the guy riding dead last at Flint Ridge, I'll post some pics of my own instead:

the toy hauler

the big toy

the little toy

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:53 PM   #37998
miguez
Miguez Rally Racing

Oddometer: 477
Quote:
So in Portuguese "maleta de ferramentas" = tool bag or is it "Estojo para ferramentas"
You guys were pretty close, "caixa de ferramentas", literally toolbox :). Then the homo version is "Meef".

My 2012 Vegas 2 Reno adventure (on a 990 Adventure) starts here!
miguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:56 PM   #37999
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,753
I wasn't in any of the Flint Ridge photos either, nor was Z@ch or anyone else I knew other than Buildit's one snap.

Oh well, my awesomeness is hard to capture on film.

Speaking of awesome, reminding anyone that didn't see the post that my big bike ride is coming up on the 9th, and I have the route ready in .gdb and .gpx format for anyone coming, just IM me if ya want it.

Hopefully the weather's good, the ride is really nice I just rode it in its entirety just to see how it all flowed it's fun even if you skip the gnarly parts.

I think some out of towners and folks from far out are coming up and camping at my place Friday and going to the Pioneer for breakfast that morning, if anyone wants to join in on either, feel free!

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:05 PM   #38000
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuberBob View Post
So, new to the board...
Wroking on getting more active in adventure motorcycling. Mostly camping.
Looking forward to meeting up and enjoying our great state. (Which, if you're from anywhere is BORING AND FLAT!)
Welcome, Cuberbob! What's Wroking? I'm in the southeast near Laurelville, you're welcome to come down and camp anytime.
Dox is having a campout near Zanesville later this year ( Good time! )
Where are ya from and all that?
bikeridermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:07 PM   #38001
MeanStreaker
KLR > Pee-wee's Bike

Oddometer: 511
Was holding out hope I could hit up your ride, swingset. Alas I'm forced to be at a reunion on the 9th.

Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom.
MeanStreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:30 PM   #38002
MeefZhette
girlie adventurer

Oddometer: 387
I should probably just ask my husband, be he left for work and I was lurking around to see if I could find anything, but anyhow....if I wanted to buy some inexpensive saddle bags for the vstrom 650 what should I look for? They don't have to be hard mounted, just something I can throw on if I use my bike to go to work. I'd even consider a top mounted bag, even though Mark hates them! I just hate having to always wear a backpack and then tote everything into work with me. I just don't know what to even look at.

Thanks
MeefZhette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:35 PM   #38003
ohioroadrat
It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer: 1,606
Wtf ?

ORR, which is always fun in the dusk

You said you wouldn`t tell !!!
Old 06-29-2011, 06:44 PM   #38004
rich_mc
Full Fledged MEM-Ber

Oddometer: 2,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZhette View Post
I should probably just ask my husband, be he left for work and I was lurking around to see if I could find anything, but anyhow....if I wanted to buy some inexpensive saddle bags for the vstrom 650 what should I look for? They don't have to be hard mounted, just something I can throw on if I use my bike to go to work. I'd even consider a top mounted bag, even though Mark hates them! I just hate having to always wear a backpack and then tote everything into work with me. I just don't know what to even look at.

Thanks
I had Givi E21's on mine....relatively cheap, lockable, removable, etc....

2011 Connie 1400
rich_mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:44 PM   #38005
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,465
Quote:

Thanks
http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&h...4042b25f6c52dc

http://www.vstroma.com/

might also check the Flea Market here on advrider.

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:28 PM   #38006
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguez View Post
You guys were pretty close, "caixa de ferramentas", literally toolbox :). Then the homo version is "Meef".
Holy shit, you answered. You were checking the thread to see if anyone bit on your KLX, or what? And I got your "homo" right here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post

I think some out of towners and folks from far out are coming up and camping at my place Friday and going to the Pioneer for breakfast that morning, if anyone wants to join in on either, feel free!
I may come up for breakfast betwixt my jobs, kind of a repeat of Sunday.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:32 PM   #38007
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:

Thanks
Umm, I have a 2 hour drive to work during which time you could have called me and we could have discussed numerous things, including how much I love you, how happy I am with you, and that fact that I would opt for Ortlieb Dry bag saddlebags from Aerostich if I were looking for soft, throw over bags.

Obviously you know my suggestion for hard bags would be Happy Trails because you park next to me every day.

However, given your riding style and needs, I think the Ortlieb would be a good choice. They are totally waterproof and easy to mount, and reasonably priced for what they are. Plus they come in bitchin' black and yellow flavors.

http://www.aerostich.com/ortlieb-dry...addlebags.html

My Smugmug Galleries

MeefZah screwed with this post 06-29-2011 at 07:39 PM
Old 06-29-2011, 07:34 PM   #38008
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Umm, I have a 2 hour drive to work during which time you could have called me and we could have discussed numerous things, including how much I love you, how happy I am with you, and that fact that I would opt for Ortleib Dry bag saddlebags from Aerostich if I were looking for soft, throw over bags.

Obviously you know my suggestion for hard bags would be Happy Trails because you park next to me every day.

However, given your riding style and needs, I think the Ortleib would be a good choice. They are totally waterproof and easy to mount, and reasonably priced for what they are. Plus they come in bitchin' black and yellow flavors.
Wives like to disobey the chain of command. You'll get used to it.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:35 PM   #38009
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioroadrat View Post
ORR, which is always fun in the dusk

You said you wouldn`t tell !!!
Sorry, Larry. It was too good to keep to myself.

The incessant forward thrusting into that blackest of tunnels was equisite.

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 06-29-2011, 07:54 PM   #38010
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 9,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Read the link in my signature. I have a few free ones I give away to riders along the way... now for you to qualify it would entail you actually riding your bike somewhere with me...
Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote