ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2011, 05:04 AM   #38386
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by StudleyDudley View Post
You bet, we have bad riding in and around Muskingum County

Jon from Hopewell
Jesus, another quote from 7 years ago! Page 1.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:47 PM   #38387
Alacrity
Semi Pro Bar Vaulter

Oddometer: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
The worse thing to do is ride a bike that will wear you out. Poor suspension will beat you to death. Horsepower can work both ways, too little and you struggle on the big hills, too much and you spend more energy holding on than riding. Can't remember how tall you are but a bike with an e-start might be beneficial even if it does add a few pounds. Someone mentioned the number of big thumpers out there with riders who couldn't re-start them.
Worse thing to do was not go

I knew this instinctively - now I'm intimately acquainted. The suspension was way soft, the tires wouldnt hook up and gearing sucked, powers not the best. Magic Button worked every time. I'd ridden the bike at Tar Hollow and some other rides. If I'd known what I was getting into at ZTR - I'd brought something other than a knife to a gun-fight. Hell the TTR woulda been light years ahead - but all the TTR riders look alike.

Was still fun - since I know the score I'll bring something more appropriate *cough* Beta *cough* ... next time. I'm a masochist tho.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:35 PM   #38388
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacrity View Post
but all the TTR riders look alike.

Actually, I've seen a few TTR's at the organized DS rides...last year there were three of us at Bootleg. One of the guys had a '99 that had 33,000 on it and it was still running like a top, he and I rode several sections together and everyone he passed I'd hear him yell "TTR's RULE!" and look back at me and laugh.

This year I was the only one in the field. They probably traded theirs in on a pricey, fast, great-handling Ktoom that broke down.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:32 PM   #38389
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
Saw several loaded up BMW guys going east on I-70 this AM, all geared up and riding in the rain, they were spread over 10-12 miles, not in a group.

Sat on a Honda CRF 230L, very nice, I could flat foot it. It felt like sitting on a mountain bike. Seems like it would fun.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:15 PM   #38390
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post

Actually, I've seen a few TTR's at the organized DS rides...last year there were three of us at Bootleg. One of the guys had a '99 that had 33,000 on it and it was still running like a top, he and I rode several sections together and everyone he passed I'd hear him yell "TTR's RULE!" and look back at me and laugh.

This year I was the only one in the field. They probably traded theirs in on a pricey, fast, great-handling Ktoom that broke down.

Well, remember that video I took of you? Well, unless you have a 44" waist with dunlaps disease and a 3 digit number on your bike, I was chasing the wrong Yamaha

Now I know why I never caught back up to you

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:25 PM   #38391
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivid dadas View Post
Sat on a Honda CRF 230L, very nice, I could flat foot it. It felt like sitting on a mountain bike. Seems like it would fun.
I know a guy who has one and he really likes it but he's almost to short to flat foot it. So I don't know how great the power is but suspension seems to keep him happy.
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:47 PM   #38392
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivid dadas View Post
Second bike for more off roady stuff in your future?

Bruceride, heard your radio ad on 100.3. Sounded good! If I was in the market for a car I'd see you!

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:15 PM   #38393
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
Quote:
Second bike for more off roady stuff in your future?
Probably more correct to say second bike for gravely roads.

I've never met the Bruceride, but I often see him on a banner ad on the TR or WHIZ website first thing in the morning.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:28 PM   #38394
Mr. 0
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger View Post
I also know that many of you FFs aren't hockey fans, but this should help get the puckheads among us get through the next 11 weeks.
The Kings? Why the Kings? I guess it is a little tough to find CBJ highlights.

But there's Wisniewski to look forward to this year.

Mr. 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:32 PM   #38395
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 0 View Post
The Kings? Why the Kings? I guess it is a little tough to find CBJ highlights.

But there's Wisniewski to look forward to this year.

I went to a fight, and a hockey game broke out.

Does anyone give a crap about the actual game? I mean, it's soccer on ice so I can see the hesitance in getting too excited about all that....but both times I went to a hockey game the only standing ovations I saw was when two big block-headed Canadians starting mauling each other.

Seems they could save a lot on the refrigeration, the Zamboni rental, etc and just put some straw down on the ground and let the white guys pound on each other. I'd watch that.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:38 PM   #38396
mchester
Honda Cult Member

Oddometer: 1,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
Sorry, it just looked so............ British. Darn KTM riders all in black and orange look alike after a while. If you gotten the Yamaha I could recognize you easier, Orange on Blue
That's one thing about Hondas. You can always tell model years by the color scheme changes and the "Bold New Graphics".

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice" Rush

2004 XR650L & 2003 ST1300
mchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:59 PM   #38397
Mr. 0
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 353
Quote:

Does anyone give a crap about the actual game? I mean, it's soccer on ice so I can see the hesitance in getting too excited about all that....but both times I went to a hockey game the only standing ovations I saw was when two big block-headed Canadians starting mauling each other.

It's a lot like NASCAR in that respect. The majority of people watch it to see a big wreck/fight.
Mr. 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:59 PM   #38398
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchester View Post
That's one thing about Hondas. You can always tell model years by the color scheme changes and the "Bold New Graphics".
Just like KLRs
2006 KLR650
Old 07-19-2011, 08:04 PM   #38399
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Quote:

Seems they could save a lot on the refrigeration, the Zamboni rental, etc and just put some straw down on the ground and let the white guys pound on each other. I'd watch that.
I sort of did when I lived in NY, but cheering for hockey in Ohio is like cheering for a Ohio Down hill ski team or Olympic sail boat team from Ohio. Unless it's someone you know who's playing it makes it hard to support. Besides what sport is there other than OSU football?
2006 KLR650
Old 07-19-2011, 08:11 PM   #38400
gelandestrasse
Fidem Scit

Oddometer: 20,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
I sort of did when I lived in NY, but cheering for hockey in Ohio is like cheering for a Ohio Down hill ski team or Olympic sail boat team from Ohio. Unless it's someone you know who's playing it makes it hard to support. Besides what sport is there other than OSU football?