ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2011, 03:57 PM   #39106
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
Now, what will be interesting is in 10 years when those roads are falling apart and all that cash the gubmint sprinkled on us is gone...the bellyaching will be palpable.
And the Dual Sport riders will rule those roads with an iron fist! Serious, I agree the recent dumping of money into back roads was a waste, almost as wasteful as cash for clunkers was.
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:21 PM   #39107
edhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasthomas View Post
I worked for Jeff from 80-85. Taught Matt and Mark how to ride motorcycles on an old Triumph Trophy 500. As you know, Matt passed away, Mark and I are still buds when we get the chance to get together. We snowboarded quite a bit a few years back but he disappears like Houdini sometimes.
I remember that, wasn't there a mini bike or something that Matt rode? (I worked for Jeff for a couple of years, unlike Rasthomas I was able to break away from the free and untethered life of a carnival worker).
edhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:13 PM   #39108
flashover604
tailgunner

Oddometer: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey1 View Post
I assume you must not be looking at a KLR then.

No, no KLR... I found a 2003 KTM 640 adventure. It's had the head ported by Munn, the suspension just done for my weight, and the top end rebuilt a thousand miles ago and the headlights upgraded to HID. About all it needs is the starter worked on. It just spins, so from what I've gathered here, it needs the sprague clutch rebuilt. It still starts and runs good with the kicker. If all goes well, I'll be swapping titles next Saturday. The guy just got a 690 and doesn't want to put any more time into the 640, but would like another dirt bike.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:38 PM   #39109
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashover604 View Post
No, no KLR... I found a 2003 KTM 640 adventure. It's had the head ported by Munn, the suspension just done for my weight, and the top end rebuilt a thousand miles ago and the headlights upgraded to HID. About all it needs is the starter worked on. It just spins, so from what I've gathered here, it needs the sprague clutch rebuilt. It still starts and runs good with the kicker. If all goes well, I'll be swapping titles next Saturday. The guy just got a 690 and doesn't want to put any more time into the 640, but would like another dirt bike.
Sounds sweet.

I was just making fun that a KLR wouldnt burn rubber.
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:59 PM   #39110
Dagny_Taggart
John Galt - 2014

Oddometer: 824
Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
Yes, it is. Now all of you stop posting pictures of them please.

My turn...

Here's my Vstrom, which is paid for.

Here's another picture of it, when I first got it, paid for.

There, I feel better.

She is paid for... you can see it in her eyes....

Old 08-19-2011, 07:57 PM   #39111
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,709
Looks soul-less to me, like a ginger.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:03 PM   #39112
Dagny_Taggart
John Galt - 2014

Oddometer: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
This motorcycle doesn't have James Brown soul... It has Steve McQueen soul.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #39113
motodirtlover
Motodirtlover

Oddometer: 1,046
Just an FYI....
I am hosting a NATIONAL ENDURO just 8 miles from New Concord next Sunday (8-28) in Chandlersville. You guys may want to ride down, there will be some things to see...
All of the factory guys will be there.
Link: www.zanesvilletrailriders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dox View Post
Just one week away from Reservations Required II, the Ohio gathering I'm throwing near New Concord.

The "Reservation" is the name of the private camp where this is held, so don't let it keep you from stopping by to say hello or even camping on short notice, just send me a PM to let me know you are coming.

We currently have about 20 on the IN list, most of which will be camping and riding with us all weekend. There is still room for many more, and plenty of room for parking if you want to haul the bike over. Looks like there will be a casual planned group ride on Saturday that looks like fun. Much food and good beers will be consumed after riding.

Stop in for a quick visit, or set up your tent for a weekend of camping, food, and a lot of fun around the campfire with a bunch of great people. The site is situated near some of the best roads Ohio has to offer.

More discussion here --> http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=699843
motodirtlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:24 PM   #39114
blackdiamondmike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by nconoan View Post
Hey guys, just wanted to update, I did make it to Oxford in one piece and I DID get my DRZ-e plated with virtually NO problems!!!! The lady in the title office looked at me kind of funny when she ran the VIN but I just assured her it was a motorcycle and not an atv or scooter and she proceeded to hand me a title. Didn't blink twice at the odometer mishap...so much more pleasant than Nebraska.

Anyways, unless I get swamped in the first week of class (which is quite possible) I will still try and make Reservations Required II. Probably won't know until the middle of next week, but at any rate, I look forward to riding with some of you.

Also, I took a small trip up to Eaton and Camdon yesterday, and it seems like the county roads in Butler and Pebble county are all paved! Does anyone know where some good gravel is that is within, say, 30 miles of Oxford?
Since I spent four fine years in Oxford, I'll give up a secret spot that I know. It is probably 25 miles from you and ,while not great, it is a genuine secluded twisty gravel road that parallels a rideable creek. Look on a map and find Farmersville ohio which is to the northeast of Oxford. Now look about a mile to the southwest and find Lower Gratis and Anthony roads. Now ride and enjoy! -Mike
blackdiamondmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:35 PM   #39115
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
You're lucky that I am strawberry-blonde!
Old 08-19-2011, 09:39 PM   #39116
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

Oddometer: 4,350
FatherX and I rode to the Mods VS Rockers Meet and Greet at the Lion on Lorain. It was a good time. Royal Enfield w/ sidecar and a Cleveland 250 cafe all parts made in the city. It sounded really nice.

Still Riff Raff
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:45 PM   #39117
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Quote:
FatherX and I rode to the Mods VS Rockers Meet and Greet at the Lion on Lorain. It was a good time. Royal Enfield w/ sidecar and a Cleveland 250 cafe all parts made in the city. It sounded really nice.

That has just enough ugly to be hawt!
I would add some number plates to the sides to cover the open space and give it more of a vintage flat tracker look.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:48 PM   #39118
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

That's what I was thinkin' of some of the girls in the bar after a couple Heinekens.

Still Riff Raff
Old 08-19-2011, 09:50 PM   #39119
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

He said he just put that one together last night and the ones for sale had the side plates, turn signals, etc.

Still Riff Raff
Old 08-19-2011, 09:50 PM   #39120
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Quote:
That's what I was thinkin' of some of the girls in the bar after a couple Heinekens.
After seeing all of the half dressed hotties at the fairs all summer long, I would think a nice fully clothed Amish woman would be a nice change of pace.

Quote:
He said he just put that one together last night and the ones for sale had the side plates, turn signals, etc.
Perfect!