ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2011, 05:40 AM   #39211
mobyfubar
cd /;rm -rf *

Oddometer: 251
Brandon, you are an inspiring example in so many ways. All my best to you.
mobyfubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:42 AM   #39212
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkster View Post
Wow, sorry. Thought you knew. He had a peace officer certificate at some point before before becoming a drug lord.
Wow. His retirement package was better with his first gig.
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:01 AM   #39213
MeanStreaker
KLR > Pee-wee's Bike

Oddometer: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobyfubar View Post

+1 to that.

Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom.
MeanStreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:20 AM   #39214
GregsBro
a.k.a. Scott

Oddometer: 507
[QUOTE=MeefZah;
And 25 years is a pretty fitting sentence, in the overall scheme of things. A lot of people who have hurt others far more have gotten far less.[/QUOTE]

The piece O shit that murdered my brother Greg got life. But under Georgia law at the time of the crime Jan. 06 He could be eligible for parole in 14 years.
I'm sorry I certainly don't want to make this about Me, I think Ohio seems to have much better sentencing laws than a lot of other states.
I guess as long as this guy serves all 25 years for shooting Brandon that's reasonable.
I think 25 years should be the minimum for any sort of violence against others.

GregsBro screwed with this post 08-23-2011 at 08:25 AM
GregsBro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:30 AM   #39215
Sparkster
Live seriously.

Oddometer: 1,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregsBro View Post
I think 25 years should be the minimum for any sort of violence against others.
Condolences on your brother.
Roush will have to serve all 25 of this sentence due to the wording of the deal- the charges and specifications he plead to had mandatory time which, when coupled with the consecutive wording, added up to 25 before post release control. If he gets out and does another felony while on PRC he could get up to half the original sentence thrown at him.
Sparkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:42 AM   #39216
GregsBro
a.k.a. Scott

Oddometer: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkster View Post
Condolences on your brother.
Roush will have to serve all 25 of this sentence due to the wording of the deal- the charges and specifications he plead to had mandatory time which, when coupled with the consecutive wording, added up to 25 before post release control. If he gets out and does another felony while on PRC he could get up to half the original sentence thrown at him.

Thanks for the condolences Brandon. And very glad to hear he will have to serve all that time. Let's hope a whole bunch of guy's find him irresistibly cute while he's in there.
Hope to get to meet you at some sort of ADV event sometime.

Scott
GregsBro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:35 AM   #39217
mpenner
Heavy Cruiser

Oddometer: 795
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobyfubar View Post
+2.

Your desire to forgive this man certainly inspires me to strive to forgive others that have done far less harm.

I hope that having this man in jail gives some comfort to your wife and children in the sense that they do not have to worry about him causing you additional harm.

2001 KLR 650
2003 V-Strom DL1000
mpenner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:31 PM   #39218
S2P
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 660
Who else felt the earthquake this afternoon? I was at the office in Cleveland and felt it ,the water in the water bottle on the table was moving.

WR 426
TTR 125
S2P is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:56 PM   #39219
ScienceOfDirt
U-Boat Rider

Oddometer: 1,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2P View Post
Who else felt the earthquake this afternoon? I was at the office in Cleveland and felt it ,the water in the water bottle on the table was moving.
I felt it in Cuyahoga Falls around 2PM at a client's office. It was pretty slight. I doubt I would have felt it moving in a vehicle.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:19 PM   #39220
CBBaron
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,006
Quote:
Nice vertigo feeling just before 2pm in Cuyahoga Hts.

Incase you haven't seen, reports are a 5.8 near Richmond, VA. It was the most noticable earthquake I have felt, but thats not saying much.

Craig
CBBaron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:16 PM   #39221
mike1952
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,112
SE Ohio suggested roads

I would like to take a trip to SE Ohio to ride 555. What are some other roads to take?
mike1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:24 PM   #39222
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1952 View Post
I would like to take a trip to SE Ohio to ride 555. What are some other roads to take?
heres a loop I recently put together that includes both 555 and 26:

http://g.co/maps/tpyw

and here's a list of a bunch of smaller, secondary roads in my area that I enjoy

http://g.co/maps/vvc9

but by no means are these all the fun roads in SE Ohio. theres also 664, 78, 93, 56, 374, 668, 800 and a ton more

enjoy

by the way, when are you planning this trip? If you say when, I'd be willing to bet that someone here will be free and willing to ride with you at least part of the way. that loop I posted above I have only ridden half of, so if the I'm free, I'd be happy to do the loop with ya.

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301

sion screwed with this post 08-23-2011 at 03:29 PM
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:28 PM   #39223
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1952 View Post
78 from McConnelsville over to the river...and in that area, 536, 255, 26, 800, 260.

Off of or near 555, 676, 377.

Just off the top of my head.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:02 PM   #39224
QUICKDRAW
Bug Murderer

Oddometer: 1,154
***REPOST*** Bald Eagle Forest Big Big Ride - Pennsylvania

I expect 60% of the "interested" parties to make the ride, so that leaves another 2 or 3 spots available still.

T
he Date Has Been Set for the BALD EAGLE Forest Big Bike Ride

September 30th - October 2nd

This is a free ride with friends to the Bald Eagle State Forest in central Pennsylvania. Leaving Ohio in the morning of Friday, Sept 30... Slabbing it about 6 hours (from Columbus) to the Hemlock Acres Campground in Coburn, PA. We should arrive early to mid afternoon, where we can shed some camping gear and hit some of the 180 miles of trail network that surrounds the area.

We will be camping in bear country, so if you don't know what that means , as in...smellables... PM me. The campsite does have showers and also a few nice cabins which have a beer fridge, full bath/shower, and sleep 6. The rate for the cabin is $100/night. If enough people want that option, I would need to know very soon, as I guess the campgrounds get busy during Penn State games.

Saturday Morning we can all get lost together while we re-trace some old Dual sport routes and parts of another Dual Sport ride I did a few weeks back. When we have all had enough, we will head to Doans Bones BBQ for a killer dinner.

Sunday will be a travel day, so we will get up whenever, maybe swing up and see the Grand Canyon of PA and then slab it home. We will be home in plenty of time to mow the lawn and beat the kids.

PM me if you want to go.... I will figure out the Friday meeting arrangements based on where you are.

Here is some of what we will ride

-Shawn

....Don't get complacent!
QUICKDRAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:03 PM   #39225
flashover604
tailgunner

Oddometer: 534
Quote:
Funny story... I work for the phone company. I was working mid-span between two poles today. Our ladders have hooks at the top to hook over the cable. When a squirrel runs down the cable, it bounces. I was working in a splice when I couldve sworn I was gonna be overrun by a herd of 'em... Nothin'. The cables were rocking pretty good, but no tree rats in sight. I thought "Well, THAT was weird..." got done, turned the truck on and heard Corby talking about the earthquake.. Ah HA! I was a block east of Parsons, and about even with Williams Rd. down by 270 and high street on the south side. It was a weird day all around.