ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2011, 07:42 PM   #39541
QUICKDRAW
Bug Murderer

Oddometer: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivid dadas View Post
Shawn, we get pictures of your nasty wrinkled fingers but no food pics? If you ever ride down by Atlanta, try Hudson's Hickory House.
Thanks for the tip. I just happen to be riding near Atlanta in 1 month. However, I have found it pretty hard to find BAD BBQ in GA.

Here you go...

Baby back half rack, smoked potatoes, and the all important hush puppies.

....Don't get complacent!
QUICKDRAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:37 AM   #39542
solorider40
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 697
Former 12B here

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashover604 View Post
+1 from a former OH-ANG Cable Splicer. 220 EIS

Man, I always wanted to ride in a Huey. There's nothing like the sound of a huey's rotor... I'd stop what I was doing every time I'd hear that sound and watch until it was outta sight.
I'm a former 12B(Combat Engineer) from the 216th Engineer BN Company B Portsmouth Oho OH-ARNG.....Our Platonn was a Sapper Platonn for a short while and we used to deploy in Huey's Man I loved flying "map of the earth" with the doors open and ready for combat. It was a total rush!

We used to have a saying...."There are only two kinds of soldiers in the military, those who are Combat Engineers, and those who wanna be"
CMA#112674
AMA#1080306
2008 KLR650E
2001 KE100 (daughters bike)
1983 IT250
solorider40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:10 AM   #39543
flashover604
tailgunner

Oddometer: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by solorider40 View Post
We used to have a saying...."There are only two kinds of soldiers in the military, those who are Combat Engineers, and those who wanna be"
Well, you've obviously never hung out with a team of cable dogs on TDY!
The mp's said they'd never actually had to take anyone OFF of the goal post before, and could someone please remove the cable reel truck from the forty yard line? Now? There may or may not have been a please in there, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:18 AM   #39544
solorider40
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashover604 View Post
Well, you've obviously never hung out with a team of cable dogs on TDY!
The mp's said they'd never actually had to take anyone OFF of the goal post before, and could someone please remove the cable reel truck from the forty yard line? Now? There may or may not have been a please in there, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

MP's have no sense of humor They tend to get real excited when we pick up their HUMVEE with a 10K forklift
CMA#112674
AMA#1080306
2008 KLR650E
2001 KE100 (daughters bike)
1983 IT250
solorider40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:43 AM   #39545
flashover604
tailgunner

Oddometer: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by solorider40 View Post
MP's have no sense of humor They tend to get real excited when we pick up their HUMVEE with a 10K forklift
I've run into some bad ones, but for the most part they've been good folks. We really got into some fun with the mp's on Ft. Hood. We strung a winch line a couple hundred yards to where two of them sat everynight along one of the roads where we were running cable. One of them knew were going to it, but the younger guy didn't. He'd been instrumental in a prank or two on us, so we let them park, waited 15 minutes, then we slid the clevis through their pintle hook, (as close to American Graffiti as I'll ever get) fired up the reel truck, and pulled them five hundred feet through the bushes. "Evening, sergeant. Here's the Limburger you left in the intake of our manhole ventilator yesterday." I miss that stuff... Not the Limburger.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:39 AM   #39546
GregsBro
a.k.a. Scott

Oddometer: 516
need tires mounted

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced place to get my tires mounted. I ordered them off Jake Wilson so a lot of places don't even want to do it if I don't buy tires from them. A place I've used several times before in Marysville wants $40 each that eats up a lot of the savings from ordering off the web.
I'm in Mechanicsburg so any place from Columbus / Springfield / Marysville / Bellefontaine

Thanks
GregsBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:57 AM   #39547
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregsBro View Post
Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced place to get my tires mounted. I ordered them off Jake Wilson so a lot of places don't even want to do it if I don't buy tires from them. A place I've used several times before in Marysville wants $40 each that eats up a lot of the savings from ordering off the web.
I'm in Mechanicsburg so any place from Columbus / Springfield / Marysville / Bellefontaine

Thanks
I can spoon them on this evening. I'm off rt56 so real close. I can meet you at the old grocery store and do it at your house if you have tools to get tire off the bike and a center stand to hold it up.
2006 KLR650
2001 YX426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:20 AM   #39548
GregsBro
a.k.a. Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
I can spoon them on this evening. I'm off rt56 so real close. I can meet you at the old grocery store and do it at your house if you have tools to get tire off the bike and a center stand to hold it up.

I work 2nd shift Luke. But if you have any time over the weekend I might take you up on that offer. I have all the tools we'd need. I actually did put the last rear tire on myself, but it took me about 5 hours. Much harder than on my old 20" stingray when I was a kid. I would like to get better at doing it myself so maybe a little tutoring from someone with experience would help. Plus from what I get from reading on here You're the size of an oak tree so that could help too. Planning the big Alaska trip next summer so being able to spoon one off and on in a reasonable time would be a good idea.
I keep looking for bikes in any of the driveways when I go past Broadgauge but so far I haven't seen any.
So if you do have any free time this weekend that would be great, but if you have things going on no biggie.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:34 AM   #39549
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

I've decided Tar Hollow will be a bit wet this weekend for a good ride so I be available. Maybe we could do some local riding. Anyone else interested in trying to meet up for weekend riding around Western Columbus and Springfield areas this weekend?
2006 KLR650
Old 09-08-2011, 09:58 AM   #39550
GregsBro
a.k.a. Scott

That would be fantastic. But seriously Luke don't change your plans just for me.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:37 PM   #39551
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregsBro View Post
That would be fantastic. But seriously Luke don't change your plans just for me.
Don't worry it's the weather not you.
2006 KLR650
Old 09-08-2011, 01:38 PM   #39552
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,506
got the bottom of the engine out of the XR today...taking it in to work with me to disassemble and clean in the parts washer...the reassembly will begin tomorrow

pics to come

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:40 PM   #39553
Dagny_Taggart
John Galt - 2012

Oddometer: 786

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
I've decided Tar Hollow will be a bit wet this weekend for a good ride so I be available. Maybe we could do some local riding. Anyone else interested in trying to meet up for weekend riding around Western Columbus and Springfield areas this weekend?
Old 09-08-2011, 03:45 PM   #39554
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyJoe View Post
my 20th wedding anniversary, my daughter's first day of kindergarden..

Had her kind of late in the game, eh?

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:49 PM   #39555
ArmyJoe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Had her kind of late in the game, eh?
Don't remind me. I'm not looking forward to being the 55-year old father of a 15-year old girl.

My latest adventures detailed at ArmyJoe's Perpetual Picture Thread:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888783
ArmyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote