ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2011, 07:17 AM   #39676
gelandestrasse
Fidem Scit

Oddometer: 20,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by d mc gee View Post
Needs more cow bell!

That's how you get the ripple.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:44 AM   #39677
EJV
Fuso FG Expedition

Oddometer: 921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagny_Taggart View Post
............And hey, I distinctly remember you saying you liked my bike much better than "no-show" EJV - but that could have been the voices in my head??

Thanks again!

Lisa.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I did something more fun than riding! I moved a piano. Yeah. Those damn things are too heavy. Kids do not need to be well rounded in the arts. Or just buy a friggin' keyboard, they are lighter.

Yesterday evening, I was riding down Broad street, about to run a Yellow Light, when what do I see? A Columbus Cruiser waiting at the side street. So, only logical thing to do, throw the Tenere into full blown ABS stop mode. Nose dived, ABS'in stop right on the line. The cruiser pulls into the intersection and about stops, officer yells out the window "That was awesome!" and then drove away.

Oh, next time someone asks me to help move a piano, I will say I'm busy with more important things, like riding.

EJ
Old 09-11-2011, 09:00 AM   #39678
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer: 23,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by d mc gee View Post
Don't know if he's still there I lost touch with him. We used to party it up at BMW rallies, make the blue hairs shake their heads. He had a girl back then that was a lot of fun. I won't bore you with the story about skinny dipping in Lake Snowden. Or female nudity at the Airheads tent.
How about BYOB in Boyer WV?

daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
dragoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:06 AM   #39679
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 13,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJV View Post
Yesterday evening, I was riding down Broad street, about to run a Yellow Light, when what do I see? A Columbus Cruiser waiting at the side street. So, only logical thing to do, throw the Tenere into full blown ABS stop mode. Nose dived, ABS'in stop right on the line. The cruiser pulls into the intersection and about stops, officer yells out the window "That was awesome!" and then drove away.
EJ
I was wishing I had ABS yesterday while we were following Gregsbro to Desperado's for lunch. Kinda letting the mind wander a bit and suddenly he was breaking hard for a right turn. All I can say is this is why you ride staggered because I went a good 10ft past him and the turn.
Then on the way back South we're riding along and I feel what felt like my shoe laces blowing around slapping me in the leg and ankle. I slowed down and looked, hell it was Grasshoppers! Millions of them all over the road exploding on my riding boots and pants as I went along. That was wierd, never seen an infestation like that on the roads in Ohio. When I stopped at the gas station on the way home I took the windshield wiper and soaked them off the front of the bike. Havn't had that much bug guts stuck on the bike all summer. On the plus side they're softer than cicadas.
2006 KLR650
2001 YX426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:15 AM   #39680
ohiofathead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Considering selling my WR250R...

Edit, went ahead and listed it:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...6#post16826536

I see it has a DR650 tool box. Nice. I need to get one of those for my bike...
ohiofathead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:59 AM   #39681
Dagny_Taggart
John Galt - 2012

Oddometer: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelandestrasse View Post
How do you get the ripple effect?
I got the ripple effect by buying the cheapest video camera I could two years ago... it was included free in moving pictures. Works great for recording older generation memories.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:16 PM   #39682
Devil Dog
Q-Tip With Ears

Oddometer: 9,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
How about BYOB in Boyer WV?

R1100Rick tells a great story about that night. Apparently they were still up when it all went down

Fuck Jesse V
In his ass
With a chainsaw
Devil Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:17 PM   #39683
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 13,979
The first TTH ride was a big success, thanks to all who came. Now it's the Advanced ride! It will use much of the same route but will also include some very challenging sections so if your judge yourself to be a better rider than me you'll be okay.
Date for the Advanced TTH is 9-18 at 10:30. Those confirming their intention to go will get a PM or e-mail of where to meet.

These people get the first spots, Advanced Short list:
MGorman
Jrockrat
JCMathis
Cway?
MTbiker
FHC

I hope to have an easy version within two weeks of the Advanced. As of now here is the short list for that ride with date TBD.
Beginners short list:
Speedy triple
Jettn Jim
BDmike
2006 KLR650
2001 YX426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:02 PM   #39684
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 837
hail sucks

Took the 250 for a ride today and got caught in a hail storm. That stuff is nasty. The only place I could find to get out of it was in a shit house at a twp. garage. I figured the pain from the hail was better then the smell of of twp. workers crap so I rode on. I had my jacket on but still have welts on my arms. When I got home the sun was out. Crazy.

alansz400 screwed with this post 09-11-2011 at 02:42 PM
alansz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 03:20 PM   #39685
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansz400 View Post
Took the 250 for a ride today and got caught in a hail storm. That stuff is nasty. The only place I could find to get out of it was in a shit house at a twp. garage. I figured the pain from the hail was better then the smell of of twp. workers crap so I rode on. I had my jacket on but still have welts on my arms. When I got home the sun was out. Crazy.
I got caught in hail once on the TTR, wearing nothing but a chest protector/jersey...holy crap that was miserable. Felt like bee's stinging me over and over again.

I got hit by some storms today too test-riding the Strom, same thing wicked storm, a few miles later, sunny.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:02 PM   #39686
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
I changed out the tires on the Vee today, new Shinkos front and back for the trip, pulled the 705 bias ply off the front and noticed some blocks were starting to delaminate.

That would be cause for concern, except the tire has 18k on it. Pretty good lifespan for a cheapo front tire. Rode great to the end.

BTW, does anyone have a good method of keeping mice out of a damned bike? For the 3rd time in 3 years, I found mice had gotten under my seat and chewed the fucking wires...this time shorting out my tail light. Took me 2 hours to re-wire the damned thing.

I've tried mothballs...apparently they are like Fabreeze to a mouse, makes them feel comfy and want to settle down. I tried some kind of barrier/stink stuff they sell at Lowes, and as far as I know the mouse not only enjoyed this smell but it got him sexually aroused and had to work out his frustrations on some 14 gauge wire.
Hey, Craig, I got one of those electronic pest repellent thingies at Tractor Supply several years ago, and, knock-on wood, I haven't had any problems with mice in the bikes.
When I used to put out poison, I would find it stored in every nook and cranny in the garage and on the bikes.
By the way, the one I got had different settings for different size pests.
bikeridermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:28 PM   #39687
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiofathead View Post
I see it has a DR650 tool box. Nice. I need to get one of those for my bike...
Mmm... yeah... about that...

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:13 PM   #39688
ArmyJoe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagny_Taggart View Post
I got the ripple effect by buying the cheapest video camera I could two years ago... it was included free in moving pictures. Works great for recording older generation memories.
Even the newer cameras aren't immune from effects. I shot this with my Go Pro HD Hero. The tail lights seem to blink.

My latest adventures detailed at ArmyJoe's Perpetual Picture Thread:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888783
ArmyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:23 PM   #39689
Dagny_Taggart
John Galt - 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyJoe View Post
Even the newer cameras aren't immune from effects. I shot this with my Go Pro HD Hero. The tail lights seem to blink.

I've been trying to figure out the tailights/signal blinking. I though maybe it was my headlights being reflected back at the camera. That effect is really prevalent on the Can-Ams.

You don't have as much ripple effect... that has improved tremendously.

How do you like your Spyder? I just saw a Motorcycle USA video where they complained about the muscle needed in the twisties. "Too much work". What's your take?
Old 09-11-2011, 05:27 PM   #39690
Dagny_Taggart
John Galt - 2012

Passed my first Super Tenere today!!

I don't know why passing another one on the road is such a big deal... but it made me smile.

Just outside Granville, OH.

Code: