ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2011, 08:57 PM   #39886
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashover604 View Post
"no pie for you!!!!"

Quote:
dude, I hate to be a spelling nazi, but if you are submitting that video in a contest, you might wanna fix this: its obstacles not obsticals

I'm hoping the action draws their attention from my lack of good grammar. At least it's you pointing it out and not Mark.
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:25 PM   #39887
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post

I'm hoping the action draws their attention from my lack of good grammar. At least it's you pointing it out and not Mark.
Are you going for the sympathy vote?
"Ahh look, poor Mondo made a video."

Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:24 AM   #39888
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey1 View Post
Are you going for the sympathy vote?
"Ahh look, poor Mondo made a video."

If it helps me win.
2006 KLR650
Old 09-18-2011, 05:24 AM   #39889
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer: 23,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by invisible monster View Post
Funny this just came up.

I have been thinking about dates for a followup to last years fall garage day at our place. Don't want to start a garage day war with Goonie though, especially if it would deprive him of some pie.

I was thinking Oct 8th or 9th. Any interest, let me know. No reason we can't have 2 fall garage days I guess!
It makes no difference to me. I've never been to your place so let's go there but only if someone is bringing pie.
Edit: I'm out of town the weekend of the 8th but feel free to plan it then because I probably won't show up anyway no matter when you have it

daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer

dragoon screwed with this post 09-18-2011 at 05:52 AM
dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:13 AM   #39890
S2P
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 668
Anybody else having problems here today? I get the "spinning wheel" at the top and nothing happens. If I try to log back in it doesn't do anything, other sites are fine.Its happened 3 times after I've read some posts for a while,it just stops working

WR 426
TTR 125
S2P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:27 AM   #39891
ScienceOfDirt
U-Boat Rider

Oddometer: 1,726
Seems to be working for me so far.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:15 AM   #39892
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
Mine's not working at all, I can't log on, I can't see threads, and I can't post.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:22 AM   #39893
gelandestrasse
Fidem Scit

Oddometer: 20,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivid dadas View Post
Mine's not working at all, I can't log on, I can't see threads, and I can't post.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:24 AM   #39894
flashover604
tailgunner

Oddometer: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivid dadas View Post
Old 09-18-2011, 04:18 PM   #39895
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,795
Just got back from a weekend trip with my daughter to WV...mostly to see the Mothman Festival in Point Pleasant, but we also meandered all over the state on lesser known highways and back roads.

For those who don't know what the Mothman Festival is, it's when 1,200 very lonely people with nerdy hobbies come together, and as luck would have it I was there.

Anywho, it was fun my daughter loves monster mystery stuff and got a big kick out of it. We set out early and she got to sport her new helmet, personalized for her sense of humor.

They have the fest. downtown and it spills over into the levee wall park.

Now, the festival isn't limited to just nutters who believe in a flying moth who prophetizes doom and destruction. No siree, we have the full gamut of crystal-worshippers, new-age goofs, and that's right count'em 4 grown men with enough money and free time to make themselves into stormtroopers of different stripes. This poor little kid got pushed to the nerdtroopers for a photo, and I think his reaction clearly spells out the shame and humiliation.

We also sampled some of the confections too...the Mothman Pancake (so named because of the awesome moth shape and cherries-for-glowing-eyes) was fucking awesome. Seriously.

There were other dorks on display, including some Sexless Men In Black...also a Point Pleasant legend of sorts.

This Mystery Machine was there too...just sad.

In the vendor's section you could buy everything from moths encased in lucite, to books about the legend, to home made Mothman tapestries and other bits of fan art. T-shirts, stickers, you name it. And, let me tell you some of that shit was classy. Opulence, for $39.95 you could has it. BTW, the chick in the tye-dye shirt on the left was looking at this art, and as you can see is about to puke in her purse. That's how powerful these images are.

And, of course some people really get into it...the drugs I mean, they get into the drugs before coming to the show. This moth-lady was proudly displaying her wares for all to see. 25 years ago, it probably was pretty damned impressive too.

So, we bought a Mothman t-shirt for the kiddo, she got to talk to some of the book authors that were there, and then we walked around looking at some of the cooler points of history in PP, of which there actually is some. The area was known also for a series of battles in the Revolutionary War between white settlers and natives, which featured legendary chief Cornstalk. They immortalized him with this very cheezy tin-man statue.

I think they got a group rate after the same artist made the moth statue in the center of town.

We also ventured out to Fort Randolph for a tour, the site that Cornstalk was detained and later murdered at.

The festival also had a gathering of powered bicycles, dunno what was up with that but some of them were very cool, in a Pee Wee Herman sorta way.

Anywho, at this point I got tired of taking pictures and we headed out into the rest of WV...and had a great time exploring and finding new roads....really super weekend for riding! This was my kiddo's first big ride and she did really well and enjoyed the twisties and back roads. We stayed a really small, but nice independent hotel near Clarksburg, ate a great meal at a local eatery, and spent all day today meandering back through WV and Ohio...taking 255/800/209/666 to get home.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:58 PM   #39896
Dagny_Taggart
John Galt - 2014

Oddometer: 812
Thanks for the trip report, Swing

I think I can cross the Mothman Festival off my Bucket List.

Am anxiously awaiting reports from the Pawpaw festival. Especially food eaten... trees bought.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:59 PM   #39897
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
Looks like a great festival, very silly, I like it.

Who ever was asking about Paw-Paws, there is a beautiful pair of paw paw trees right here in the village, dripping with fruit. They are right beside one of the nicest buckeye trees I've ever seen.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:12 PM   #39898
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:14 PM   #39899
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagny_Taggart View Post
I think I can cross the Mothman Festival off my Bucket List.

Am anxiously awaiting reports from the Pawpaw festival. Especially food eaten... trees bought.
I was interested in the Paw Paw fest, it was right on our way, but then I read the poster and it said "3 days of Paw Paw music, food, games...."

And, I thought how many songs about Paw Paws could there possibly be? Two, tops, and you can't repeat those for 3 days. I mean, even with creative interpretations, it seems like a really limited musical theme.

Maybe I took it too literally. Anyway, I got caught up in the Backwoods Fest traffic on the way down, so my festival tolerance was at an all-time low anyway....luckily parking for the Mothman festival was a snap, because most of the attendees teleported right in.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:15 PM   #39900
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
Is this a mothman symbol or micky mouse biker symbol?
2006 KLR650