ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2011, 02:30 AM   #40276
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
Meanwhile, as Dora lay bleeding to death, we were out having a great time!

oh sure...rub it in why dontcha?

my only consolation is that since I had to work today, I couldnt have made the ride even if Dora was whole

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:05 AM   #40277
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post

Sorry Sion, don't know who'd have one of those for a Honda. Maybe Byron?
Nope.

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:03 AM   #40278
BigOhio
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Sounds bad, hope you heal up quick and the green discharge stops soon.
I sure hope none of that shit got on me! But seriously, thanks Luke. A little chilly riding down in the morning but warmed up after the first off road section and turned into about a perfect day, except of course losing a few teeth on the rear sprocket. Made it home fine, hosed off the the big chunks, dug out the factory takeoff chain and 45T sprocket so I could be up and running this week. But then I start thinking the bike was a little squirrely in the slop so maybe I should just break down and get a Teraflex with a steel 48T and really throw some mud around...
Old 10-03-2011, 06:01 AM   #40279
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeridermark View Post
Hey, jimjim, I can't believe you didn't grab the tag while you were on the road enduro!
I can't say it didn't cross my mind after the event ended. It will rot up in the NE.
jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:14 AM   #40280
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOhio View Post
I sure hope none of that shit got on me! But seriously, thanks Luke. A little chilly riding down in the morning but warmed up after the first off road section and turned into about a perfect day, except of course losing a few teeth on the rear sprocket. Made it home fine, hosed off the the big chunks, dug out the factory takeoff chain and 45T sprocket so I could be up and running this week. But then I start thinking the bike was a little squirrely in the slop so maybe I should just break down and get a Teraflex with a steel 48T and really throw some mud around...
I was going to make a comment about you losing two back teeth on the ride and needing to see Wally the dentist. What size rear tire does that take and do you have a rim lock yet? If not, getting too low a gearing and too aggressive a rear tire might cause you to start tearing valve stems like I did.
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:48 AM   #40281
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,324
Now the AMA hillclimb is out for me too.

Sorta rare/odd bike popped up for sale & I'm doing a roadtrip to snag it. Baltimore MD area. Should be a fun, 15 hour, drive. Halfway tempted to do a fly & ride or Greyhound (never did the bus thing before) Flying just seems like a PITA for a 400 mile trip.

Not going to mention what it is until the $ is exchanged, do not want to jinx the purchase.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:52 AM   #40282
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyJoe View Post
BTW, saw some of your pictures here. Cool stuff. Is that site worth subscribing to?
It's okay, there is good info there, but most of it is repeated in the monster thread on ADV. The real advantage of that site is the classifieds, they are not highly trafficked and you can pull some good deals out of there, unlike ADV where stuff is sold minutes after it is posted.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:54 AM   #40283
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post

Sorta rare/odd bike popped up for sale & I'm doing a roadtrip to snag it. Baltimore MD area. Should be a fun, 15 hour, drive. Halfway tempted to do a fly & ride or Greyhound (never did the bus thing before) Flying just seems like a PITA for a 400 mile trip.

Not going to mention what it is until the $ is exchanged, do not want to jinx the purchase.
That sounds like a fun time.

I'm guessing it is a BMW of some sort.

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 10-03-2011, 07:15 AM   #40284
invisible monster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 484
Bumping this up as a reminder post. I've had about 7 people express interest in garage day this Sunday. Hit me up with a PM for address/gps coordinates/directions if you are interested in attending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by invisible monster View Post
Everybody ready for the 2nd Annual Perry County Garage Day??!!

Karen and I will be glad to entertain any of you that care to come and hang out.

Sunday October 9th, 10am til whenever the last person leaves. If you plan to come from a distance and want to camp Sat night we have plenty of room for that. We'll even let you use the shower.

Feel free to work on any bike projects that you like, or just hang out. We will have the charcoal grill fired up with some burgers and hot dogs. Various soda and beer will be available as well.

You are encouraged to bring any steaks or wild game that you want to grill, provided I get a taste.

PM me for address, GPS coordinates, directions.

Here's a few pictures from last year:

Oh, and by the way B-Mac, I still have this:

invisible monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:23 AM   #40285
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,163
Quote:
Bumping this up as a reminder post. I've had about 7 people express interest in garage day this Sunday. Hit me up with a PM for address/gps coordinates/directions if you are interested in attending.
Weather looks promising so far. Anyone wanna group ride from Cowlumbus? Maybe someone who's been before? I got confused about the instructions a little, do I ride the wheelie thru the back or front door of the police station before I make the right up the creek bed?
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:25 AM   #40286
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
That sounds like a fun time.

I'm guessing it is a BMW of some sort.
No....Not that I want to start a guessing game, but it is a Japanese bike.

I like the BMWs, but what really made them work for me was an insanely good dealer. They were in the town I lived in from 1995 until 2001, Cape Girardeau MO. Even when I moved to Memphis, 200 miles from Cape, I continued to go there even though there was a sort of a BMW dealer in Memphis. They had the franchise, but were mostly a Suzuki dealer selling Hayabusas........not that there is anything wrong with that.

Most of the BMW dealers I visit piss me off. I really like BMWs, but I enjoy all motorcycles.

I'm fairly certain my next new bike will be an S10, but it might be quite some time away.

I guess I need to get an order in for OH ADV stickers, but I assume we'll bump into each other eventually.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:27 AM   #40287
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,632
Quote:
Unfortunately I'm going to miss out on this one again, we're celebrating my moms 90th birthday on Sunday.
jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:33 AM   #40288
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
They were in the town I lived in from 1995 until 2001, Cape Girardeau MO.

I guess I need to get an order in for OH ADV stickers, but I assume we'll bump into each other eventually.

Cape G, been through there a time or two.

I generally have stickers with me, so yeah; if / when we cross paths I can hook you up.

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 10-03-2011, 07:56 AM   #40289
dox
How much for the ape?

Oddometer: 2,647
Quote:

Ever consider Amtrak? Have someone drop you off at the station.

Tickets are cheaper ($55) if you book a week or more in advance.

Once in DC, there's a ~$7 one way commuter train from DC to Union Station in Baltimore.

Was considering this for a similar trip recently.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:00 AM   #40290
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

Oddometer: 4,350
Amtrak is a great way to travel, Greyhound? Terrible. Been 20+ years since I have done the gray dog, but spare yourself and take the train.

Still Riff Raff
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote