ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2011, 02:32 PM   #40501
flashover604
tailgunner

Oddometer: 533
So, who's 1200 adventure did I drool on at the fair today? It was parked at the entrance under the pine tree with one of Meefzahs sticker on the right pannier. Nice scoot. I want one. Pretty bad.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:30 PM   #40502
ArmyJoe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Hey Ron, how long is the garage day going on for today?
Until you get there. Thanks for the stickers. I owe you a beer.

Thanks to the Columbus-area crew for letting me tag along. I had just over 200 miles for the day and enjoyed every bit of it.

My latest adventures detailed at ArmyJoe's Perpetual Picture Thread:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888783
ArmyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:18 PM   #40503
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 13,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyJoe View Post
Until you get there. Thanks for the stickers. I owe you a beer.

Thanks to the Columbus-area crew for letting me tag along. I had just over 200 miles for the day and enjoyed every bit of it.
Nice meeting you Joe. Look forward to seeing you get that bike off road.

Solace really wanted photos of this covered bridge.

Great day to just head out and ride

And we got to the garage around 2:30.

Of course Meef was riding in just as everyone way heading out. Thanks fpr making a cool destination at the invisible garage.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:36 PM   #40504
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,755
Deb and I got an early start and rode out to Garage Day before noon, enjoying the crisp morning temps on all the backroads down to Crooksville.

Got there and chatted for a while before Alan & Neil dropped in, we had some burgers, talked BS for a while and Alan headed off for Perry...apparently he wanted to smell like pig manure mud or something. His new friend tried to tag along...

Deb and I had been waiting for a nice day to ride for months, so we slipped out to enjoy a little alone time long overdue. Rode 555 to the end, and came back up through Hocking Hills. Had to stop for some gas at the freaky-deaky Gilchrist BP station, home of stoned guy who looks like Prince Valiant. Throwing stars, bongs, dildos and energy drinks...all in one convenient shop in the middle of fucking nowhere.

We headed north a bit before stopping at Millstone in Logan for some BBQ. Turns out it was fat douche wearing a bandana on a Harley day, and no one told us. I hate showing up to a costume party in the wrong thing.

One of these things, is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong...

Had a nice meal, and tried to enjoy the ride home, but the waddling parade of rolling roadblock Harleys were everywhere...they must spawn like those little orange ladybugs this time of year, and ride around in a flurry of annoying packs until they wreck and die off. 664, one of my favorite roads, was moving so slow because of the Hardleys that a guy walking with a push mower passed us. True story.

So, on to home but not before passing what has to be the best political ad sign of the year, this guy got elected with the name Dick Boring. As a crude sentence, it's a funny name. As an adverb, it sounds like a freaky medical procedure. He should punch his parents right in the face for a life spent as Dick Boring.

Anyway, nice day to be out with the wifey and thanks Ron and Karen for the hospitality...sorry we didn't get to stick around and say hi to everyone but the road was calling....and Dick Boring was too.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #40505
Dagny_Taggart
John Galt - 2012

Oddometer: 767
My Summer Vacation

I was riding home into a sunset that looked like winter... all gray and mare's tails and lots of moisture with promises of cooler weather... and it came to me that today was my summer vacation. I've had that kind of year but today I didn't think about work... just life on two wheels. I felt good riding into the colder weather...

Thank you Larry, Mike, Joe, and Luke for waiting for me and shepherding me down the gravel bits... still learning the bike and have never been that comfortable on the slidy stuff. My only excuse is fear of broken bones... but I'm learning. You all made it a most enjoyable day. I have to get in the habit of checking the TCS after starting the bike... each and every time. It doesn't stay where you put it... damn it.

Thanks Ron and Karen and Franklin and Max for making us feel at home and feeding us. I figured if we left IP at 11am, then we would be eating before 1... but in truth, Solace's routes made it all worthwhile. Wish I had figured out the video camera before the ride... cause the roads were just beautiful.

Thanks Luke for arranging the meet up times... and exhibiting extreme patience behind me. It was comforting to know "the Rock" could help me up if I fell... if you avoided the carnage to begin with...

I am so impressed with that WR250R... what a great scoot! I said I was going to be happy with one... that is what I said.... But here are 6 months to save between now and the Spring riding season! Nice meeting you, Joe.

It was good to see your new bike, Larry... the bags make it seem familar... and love the sharks teeth.

Thanks for explaing the air shock on the BMW, Solace... cool machine.

Just got word that my out of town company is canceling for weather... so if anybody wants to do any riding this week.... I am game!

Thanks for a great day... and nice to finally meet you R-3350! Luscombes and J-3s and radial engines... all good!

Thanks for a great fall garage day... anybody see Goonie?

Dagny_Taggart screwed with this post 10-09-2011 at 04:58 PM
Dagny_Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:45 PM   #40506
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagny_Taggart View Post
... anybody see Goonie?

Who's Goonie?

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:50 PM   #40507
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
You gotta send this to Jay Leno.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:53 PM   #40508
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
Tomorrow/Monday

Quote:
Anyone have Monday morning/afternoon to ride?
I'm thinking about not working tomorrow, some gravel would be cool.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:03 PM   #40509
Dagny_Taggart
John Galt - 2012

Solace and Ohio Road Rat discussing weighty issues.

Max, the wonder dog, going for the foldout in PlayDawg....

Karen and Ron explain that Max is the neighbor's dog... Army Joe believes them.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:08 PM   #40510
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Glad you had fun Lisa, I was worried the gravel roads and pace of the ride might have put you off. Keep at it and soon you'll be racing across the gravel like a pro.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:12 PM   #40511
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashover604 View Post
So, who's 1200 adventure did I drool on at the fair today? It was parked at the entrance under the pine tree with one of Meefzahs sticker on the right pannier. Nice scoot. I want one. Pretty bad.
I'd say there's a pretty good chance its BigOhio's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
Solace really wanted photos of this covered bridge.
me too....location please

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
We headed north a bit before stopping at Millstone in Logan for some BBQ. Turns out it was fat douche wearing a bandana on a Harley day, and no one told us. I hate showing up to a costume party in the wrong thing.

One of these things, is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong...

Had a nice meal, and tried to enjoy the ride home, but the waddling parade of rolling roadblock Harleys were everywhere...they must spawn like those little orange ladybugs this time of year, and ride around in a flurry of annoying packs until they wreck and die off. 664, one of my favorite roads, was moving so slow because of the Hardleys that a guy walking with a push mower passed us. True story.

if you thought today was bad, you should have seen the place yesterday. The Friends of the Hocking Hills had a poker run and the Millstone was the final stop. There were probably 200+ bikes there and 75%+ were Hardleys. Place was a madhouse. I'm guessing today's were leftovers who spent the night in the area. what time did you leave the Millstone?

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:20 PM   #40512
Dagny_Taggart
John Galt - 2012

Quote:
Glad you had fun Lisa, I was worried the gravel roads and pace of the ride might have put you off. Keep at it and soon you'll be racing across the gravel like a pro.
I'll ride my own ride... I just don't like to think I'm a drag at the party. Probably the most fun I've had in a long time... I just need to learn it at my own pace (SLOW!).

Thanks again...
Old 10-09-2011, 05:34 PM   #40513
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagny_Taggart View Post
I'll ride my own ride... I just don't like to think I'm a drag at the party. Probably the most fun I've had in a long time... I just need to learn it at my own pace (SLOW!).

Thanks again...
No problem, I am in no rush and am just back there to help if possible.

Sion, the bridge is north of Newark but I wasn't running tracks so can't say exactly where. I bet Solace can provide a road name.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:41 PM   #40514
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,755
Quote:
Sion, the bridge is north of Newark but I wasn't running tracks so can't say exactly where. I bet Solace can provide a road name.
That's the Frampton Road covered bridge in Eastern Licking County. Frampton goes east off of 586 just a little bit north of SR79. The road the WRR is pointing up is Rock Run, if you follow that to Girl Scout Road, and turn left, you will cross another covered bridge before being dumped out on 586 again. Fun road, very pretty.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:44 PM   #40515
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 826
Perry today

Perry was a blast today. The trails are real rough and the holes are deep but it was mostly dry today and I only found my front wheel in one deep hole but I pulled the bike out backwards and went around. I did stop in zanesville at the car wash and washed the chain and brake calipers off before riding home. Thanks Ron and Karen for lunch. Sorry I missed seeing the rest of you guys.

Testing the tip sensor on the right side. It works.

Heres my miles for the last few days on the WR250

Wedneday 148 miles riding with Greer
Thursday 266 miles wellsville
Friday 0
Sat. 106 Miles Lunch with Dox
Sunday 203 miles Perry and garage day

723 miles in 5 days.

alansz400 screwed with this post 10-09-2011 at 05:59 PM
alansz400 is offline   Reply With Quote