ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2011, 10:44 AM   #40921
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Hey Meef, I'd like to ride but can we make it a little later start? Maybe 11:00am? I gotta ride over 80 miles and it'll be cold! You gotta remember I'm old and feeble and not as tough as you young guys.

Later,
M
11:00 is okay by me but I have to be home around 3:30. Alan and Tim are coming too so advise if thet will work for you or not, so they can plan.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:50 AM   #40922
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
11:00 is okay by me but I have to be home around 3:30. Alan and Tim are coming too so advise if thet will work for you or not, so they can plan.
OR- you could ride around and meet back at Danville at 11am.

Notice: I am not a travel planner, I just play one on the internet.

Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:54 AM   #40923
somecallmetim OP
Surf &/or Die

Oddometer: 1,112
Quote:
11 works for me.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:10 PM   #40924
rob748
resident alien !!!!

Oddometer: 829
sunday adventure DS ride

FIRST ANNUAL A.M.C. DUAL SPORT

WHEN: SUNDAY OCTOBER 23, 2011

WHERE: Athens Motorcycle Club
13426 Dutch Creek Rd.
Athens, Ohio 45701

GPS COORDINATES: N39 23.111 W82 1.972

SIGN-UP: Starts Saturday 10/22/2011 from 5pm to 7pm. Opens again Sunday 10/23/2011 at 7am.
AMA Sanctioned. Membership suggested, but not required.

COST: $40.00 per rider and $5.00 per passenger (if applicable).

STREET LEGAL BIKES ONLY: Headlight, taillight and license plate required.NO EXCEPTIONS! NO LOUD BIKES! Bike must be inspected before signing up.

CAMPING: Primitive camping opens Saturday 10/22/2011 at noon. There are restrooms, no showers available. We will offer food and pop at a nominal cost Saturday evening.

BREAKFAST: Offered at 7am.

FIRST BIKE OUT(Sunday) at 9am, LAST BIKE OUT by 10am.
INFO ABOUT RIDE: We are excited to offer up our first Dual Sport event ever! You can expect to ride approximately 100 miles of off-road trails, gravel / paved roads. There will be some challenging single track trails, for you hardcore off-roaders. Included with your entry fee will be lunch (passengers and extra people will be required to pay $5.00 for lunch). Lunch will be at the Athens Club grounds after the first loop (approximately 50 miles).
Gas stations will be available at certain points during the ride or you can bring your own fuel to gas at the club grounds.

CONTACT INFO: KEVIN BROWN (740)593-7459. NO CALLS AFTER 9pm.

more info
We finished the milage today. Looks to be between 85 and 90 miles. These are not the Milk Run enduro trails. They are mostly back roads and unmaintained township roads. There are a couple of enduro trails that should be very ridable, even after all the rain.
There will be a bonfire/bench racing session Saturday evening, and breakfast Sunday morning.
The ride will begin: first rider out at 9:00am, last rider out 10:00am with lunch back at the club house at the end of the first loop. There will also be eats afterwards.
Adventure guys will have bypasses around all the stuff we expect to turn nasty.
Smaller bikes will have no problems.
We are hoping that with all the hurdles we've had to clear this year, that this will be successful and turn into an annual event.
Come on down and join us tomorrow night and Sunday Oct. 23. KB

rob748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:11 PM   #40925
rob748
resident alien !!!!

Oddometer: 829
sunday

sounds like it is very big bike friendly
rob748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 02:30 PM   #40926
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

OK, Danville 11:00 am, Lyons BP Station at 205 / 62.

Tim, Alan, Me, Zach ?, Solace ?

See ya there.

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 10-22-2011, 03:04 PM   #40927
Solace
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 892
Quote:

See ya there.
In, but a question - is this gonna be "big bike" friendly? I'm lookin' for the gravel road/easy trail day like we did a couple years ago up there. If you plan to do mud, water crossings and other rough stuff, say so and I'll look for a different plan. I don't want to hold you guys up or ruin your plan. It's bad enough I asked for a later start.

Later,
M
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:50 PM   #40928
ohioroadrat
It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer: 1,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob748 View Post
sounds like it is very big bike friendly
Man,I would love to do it but have a swap meet in Springfield Sunday.........CRAP!!!
Old 10-22-2011, 08:12 PM   #40929
somecallmetim OP
Surf &/or Die

Oddometer: 1,112
I don't know what Mark had in mind but I'm bringing the Quota, we can find detours for any hairy stuff...

Quote:
In, but a question - is this gonna be "big bike" friendly? I'm lookin' for the gravel road/easy trail day like we did a couple years ago up there. If you plan to do mud, water crossings and other rough stuff, say so and I'll look for a different plan. I don't want to hold you guys up or ruin your plan. It's bad enough I asked for a later start.

Later,
M
Old 10-22-2011, 08:28 PM   #40930
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,799
Quote:

See ya there.
I'm planning on being there. I'm on the Vee, so I'm not up for greasy offroad, but I'll do backroads and shit and if you guys wanna do trails no problem I can break off or meet ya for lunch somewhere.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:00 PM   #40931
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob748 View Post

more info
We finished the milage today. Looks to be between 85 and 90 miles. These are not the Milk Run enduro trails. They are mostly back roads and unmaintained township roads. There are a couple of enduro trails that should be very ridable, even after all the rain.
There will be a bonfire/bench racing session Saturday evening, and breakfast Sunday morning.
The ride will begin: first rider out at 9:00am, last rider out 10:00am with lunch back at the club house at the end of the first loop. There will also be eats afterwards.
Adventure guys will have bypasses around all the stuff we expect to turn nasty.
Smaller bikes will have no problems.
We are hoping that with all the hurdles we've had to clear this year, that this will be successful and turn into an annual event.
Come on down and join us tomorrow night and Sunday Oct. 23. KB
that sounds like a good time...I'd be there but A) havent got the XR back together yet and B) got work at 2pm

hopefully next year I can make it

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:02 PM   #40932
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
I'm planning on being there. I'm on the Vee, so I'm not up for greasy offroad, but I'll do backroads and shit and if you guys wanna do trails no problem I can break off or meet ya for lunch somewhere.

just remember what Frank Zappa said:

Keep it greasy so it'll go down easy!

I think he might have been singing about something else though...

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:42 PM   #40933
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:

Later,
M
Yes. I think Bats Nest be as rough as it gets.

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 10-23-2011, 10:59 AM   #40934
ArmyJoe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,138
I had my first get-off today while exploring a trail along some rail road tracks. As the saying goes, everything was going along just fine until I ran out of talent. I hit a spot along a slope and one of my tires wandered off the trail or the gravel broke loose. The bike toppled downhill and me with on it. Luckily (and I mean that sarcastically), I didn't fall far because my right leg was pinned between the bike and a log.

After extracting myself and taking pictures, I got the bike upright. It was a struggle since I had to start from below horizontal and I'm glad I didn't have a bigger bike. After getting it up, I walked it back up to the trail while feathering the clutch and then rode out.

Nothing is broke, but there's a little swelling on the left side of my shin (still riding in jeans since I can't afford gear). The timing sucks because I have to drive to Quantico, Virginia next Sunday to run a 3K. I'll spend the rest of the day on the couch with a bag of frozen corn, some boo-boo candy (ibuprofen), and some shit my wife uses after Army Combatives, called dit da jow.

Since I was alone, I took my own pics:

Glad that's finally out of the way.

My latest adventures detailed at ArmyJoe's Perpetual Picture Thread:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888783

ArmyJoe screwed with this post 10-23-2011 at 11:33 AM
ArmyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:24 AM   #40935
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,110
Yeah, rail road gravel can be hard because it is so loose and doesn't pack down. There are better rail road beds to play on than those too. Maybe I'll do another tour de Flatsville in Plain City this fall. Not a long ride really but it's the best we have around here.

Hope your "ouch" heals up fast.
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote